Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

On 7/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, BigPapa said:

I would turn those Knobb Creek bottles upright rather laying down .

You don’t want to get bad cork opening.

Just saying - THIS looks more like my bunker(s) than all those OCD/anal retentive shelving things.  Makes me feel like I'm OK after all.:o

• I like it 1

Where are the cabinets purchased? 

I think it looks real sharp, lcp.  

I still haven't decided on my bottle display. 

Yours is really close to my ideal aesthetic. 

Given all those "bunkers", do you have a favorite spot in the house for a slow dram? 

• I like it 1

Where are the cabinets purchased? 
I think it looks real sharp, lcp.  

I still haven't decided on my bottle display. 
Yours is really close to my ideal aesthetic. 

Given all those "bunkers", do you have a favorite spot in the house for a slow dram? 

My cabinets are IKEA Besta model cabinets, which require a lot of assembly and planning to make sure you get all the parts to build it like you want it. There are five separate cabinets that are then screwed together to make one unit. Each unit is also attached to the wall near the top with two screws into a board that I mounted on the wall behind the unit. The lights are universal cabinet lights from IKEA that you install based on how you want them. Most of the mid shelves in the glass door sections are half shelves made of glass. The bottom shelf in each door section is a full piece of melamine laminate. I wish the shelving weight limit guidelines were a little higher, but it did keep me from overcrowding the shelves. Everything to build this unit was bought from IKEA, and if you catch everything on sale, you can probably complete a 5 cabinet unit like mine for well under $1,000. Color and finish choices can impact your final cost, so keep that in mind if you decide to go with more expensive finishes.

We are empty nesters, so I usually enjoy most of my drams in the living room or hearth room. I wanted this man-cave so I could have guys over without bothering the wife too much in the process. If I want something from the man-cave cabinet, I’ll go upstairs and get a pour, but I’ll usually come back downstairs to enjoy it if it’s just the wife and I at home.

PM me if you want more details about my cabinets.
  • I like it 2

1 minute ago, lcpfratn said:

PM me if you want more details about my cabinets.

Can I PM you if I want more details about [how to get some pours from your] cabinets? :) 

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I finally have the cabinets completed in the “man-cave.” The bottom shelves are full too, but I didn’t open them for the picture. I still have my downstairs bar, the bathroom cabinet and the bedroom closet bunkers. The downstairs bar and man-cave cabinets don’t have the same bottles. The man-cave generally has more of the older, premium and LE stuff, but I still have some of the most expensive stuff in the closet bunker along with backup bottles and stuff that I still don’t have room for elsewhere.

IMG_6345.jpg

I have a similar (yet more cluttered) approach  of decanters on top with my dining room cabinet

Cabinet cropped.jpg

• I like it 4

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, lcpfratn said:

I finally have the cabinets completed in the “man-cave.” The bottom shelves are full too, but I didn’t open them for the picture. I still have my downstairs bar, the bathroom cabinet and the bedroom closet bunkers. The downstairs bar and man-cave cabinets don’t have the same bottles. The man-cave generally has more of the older, premium and LE stuff, but I still have some of the most expensive stuff in the closet bunker along with backup bottles and stuff that I still don’t have room for elsewhere.

IMG_6345.jpg

Just so you'll know that was me last night tossing stones on the windows and yelling loud. You know I'm on a short hiatus so I'm no threat to your "good stuff", so why didn't you come to the door? All your neighbors did. :) 

Just so you'll know that was me last night tossing stones on the windows and yelling loud. You know I'm on a short hiatus so I'm no threat to your "good stuff", so why didn't you come to the door? All your neighbors did. [emoji4] 

Haha! I must have slept through all of the ruckus. When you’re feeling up to it again, I’ll have you over to check out the new digs.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:25 AM, lcpfratn said:

IMG_6345.jpg

That looks fantastic!

• I like it 1

I had to purchase another shelving unit for the ever growing collection so I picked up one from World Market that was on sale.  I've migrated all of my club's private picks to it to free up space in the other cabinets/shelves for other bottles.

Club Picks.jpg

• I like it 4

On 7/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, ThirstyinOhio said:

I had to purchase another shelving unit for the ever growing collection so I picked up one from World Market that was on sale.  I've migrated all of my club's private picks to it to free up space in the other cabinets/shelves for other bottles.

Club Picks.jpg

Only problem I see is there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much empty space.

• I like it 2

On 7/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

Only problem I see is there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much empty space.

Don't worry....we have 4 more barrel picks that have already been selected but have yet to arrive.  A 1792 Full Proof, Eagle Rare, Knob Creek, and a Whistle Pig 10yr rye should help fill it up.

• I like it 2

I've been working on an efficient but flexible way to house some of my collection. It's still a work in progress, but is big enough to hold a lot of stuff. I tried it out by housing my 4R PS bottles in one part and the KCSB store picks in another. The shelves are adjustable and seem like they can hold the weight without any problem. The KCSB bottles are 2 deep and I could probably put more on there.

Eventually I'd love to have a more formal cabinet for part of the bunker, like some have shared on here, but this could do for the bulk of the collection. 

IMG_8738 edit.jpg

IMG_8744 edit.jpg

• I like it 14

31 minutes ago, silverc said:

I've been working on an efficient but flexible way to house some of my collection. It's still a work in progress, but is big enough to hold a lot of stuff. I tried it out by housing my 4R PS bottles in one part and the KCSB store picks in another. The shelves are adjustable and seem like they can hold the weight without any problem. The KCSB bottles are 2 deep and I could probably put more on there.

Eventually I'd love to have a more formal cabinet for part of the bunker, like some have shared on here, but this could do for the bulk of the collection. 

IMG_8738 edit.jpg

IMG_8744 edit.jpg

?

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, silverc said:

IMG_8738 edit.jpg

IMG_8744 edit.jpg

There's a man who knows what he likes. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, silverc said:

Beautiful c, beautiful! :o

Today was work inside day for me. It's too hot to do anything outside. My wife and I had clean up to do from our family cookout yesterday. When that was done, my wife did laundry, and I cleaned up my room and bourbon cabinet, and took inventory. (see my next post.) My wife came into my room a little while ago to grab some more laundry and asked me what I was looking at. I showed her the pictures of your shelves with the FR's and KC'S. She smiled, nodded, then kissed me on the forehead and said, " I guess you ain't too bad." :lol: I really married a good 'un. She's a keeper. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

As posted above, it's cleaning and inventory today. :mellow: Believe it or not, everything matched up. :blink:

Pic #1-My open bottles

Pic #2-My Wellers

Pic #3- Other BT bottlings

Pic #4-Misc. bottles

Pic #5-Dusties

Pics #6-9 Back in the cabinet

Biba! Joe

b6.jpeg

b7.jpeg

b11.jpeg

b12.jpeg

b13.jpeg

b9.jpeg

b14.jpeg

b15.jpeg

b16.jpeg

• I like it 5

222181703_IMG_8738edit.thumb.jpg.49a624b22b3f7412e64d24dfc816ab5f.jpg
555084529_IMG_8744edit.thumb.jpg.232e40b1f83cbd94ca2611a4775e60d7.jpg

I want to be Silverc when I grow up. Your stash is and taste is something I aspire to.
  • I like it 1

As posted above, it's cleaning and inventory today. :mellow: Believe it or not, everything matched up. :blink:

Pic #1-My open bottles
Pic #2-My Wellers
Pic #4-Misc. bottles
Pic #5-Dusties

Biba! Joe

b6.jpeg.f3a67a353791eb7ab3f399b3df5b097d.jpeg
b7.jpeg.ee1a0ca8b9462efd10b3790b72e23f69.jpeg
b11.jpeg.00419b7e790c53803c6aeb49d475a8f1.jpeg
b12.jpeg.935e826ec697d467339a378ecb6d8efc.jpeg
b13.jpeg.ec767e0be7b2c9d2f6de14cce389d482.jpeg
b9.jpeg.47f8caed953e82e4819f2c42563dcc3d.jpeg
b14.jpeg.73d81bc236870880993b33886d4c8982.jpeg
b15.jpeg.0ed55be685895d12158038397260d9e3.jpeg
b16.jpeg.45bd9115bc54bd449c489955157a260f.jpeg

Seem to be running low on Weller’s, ha I kid.

Curious what’s the Barclay’s?

30 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pic #1-My open bottles

Pic #2-My Wellers

Pic #4-Misc. bottles

Pic #5-Dusties

Biba! Joe

b13.jpeg

Where were those Dant's distilled, I have a couple dusty smalls both are DSP 113 (currently BT)

37 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pic #4-Misc. bottles

b12.jpeg

What is the Maker's bottle all the way on the right?

The square one?

222181703_IMG_8738edit.thumb.jpg.49a624b22b3f7412e64d24dfc816ab5f.jpg
555084529_IMG_8744edit.thumb.jpg.232e40b1f83cbd94ca2611a4775e60d7.jpg

Wow! You certainly like 4R and KC! I think those shelves can hold a lot more than you’ve put on them, and based on past “purchase pictures” that you’ve shared over the years, I suspect there are a lot more bottles of other brands and types that we aren’t seeing that need more shelving and more shelf cramming!

54 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I showed her the pictures of your shelves with the FR's and KC'S. She smiled, nodded, then kissed me on the forehead and said, " I guess you ain't too bad." :lol: I really married a good 'un. She's a keeper. ^_^

Biba! Joe

That's great! ?  She sounds like a keeper and I'm glad she now thinks your sizeable collection isn't so big. Maybe she will suggest you add to it? I see the organization freed up some space for a couple more Wellers. You can always dream, right?

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, silverc said:

Damn, here I thought I had a lot of FR PS's! 

Is your Cult Card a gold card? :P

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, silverc said:

That's great! ?  She sounds like a keeper and I'm glad she now thinks your sizeable collection isn't so big. Maybe she will suggest you add to it? I see the organization freed up some space for a couple more Wellers. You can always dream, right?

For the most part, my wife supports me in this crazy hobby. She sometimes helps too. As a change of pace, we’ll take off on a Saturday or Sunday and just go for a drive. Over the years, she’s developed an uncanny knack for spotting liquor stores when we’re on the road. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3