Dang it... I want my money back.

Curtis Reed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Agree.  It's also why I keep Agave syrup on hand.  A Lynchburg lemonade (bourbon, lemon/limeade, sugar syrup to taste) is hard to beat.  I just didn't feel like digging through the utility room floor space under the bottom shelf to find a Sprite.  The Frizzante was only six months past its BestBy date so I figured it'd work just fine.

OTOH, I am trying to talk myself into dumping it.  Maybe if dissolve one of my wife's Jelly Belly cotton candy jelly beans in it . . .

I hate having crap bottles.  While I have had several over the years, two really stick out.  One was Dickel 12.   The vitamin profile just wasn't to my liking.  I poured about 1/2 bottle down the drain.  The only bottle I have ever sent to the sewer.  A store select Starlight Carl T. Barrel Strength was the other.  I ended up blended that crapfest and finishing it off.  Now I just use any skunk juice in cookies.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, Commodore said:

^^^^
This is genius! 

Yep. That’s how I’ve been getting rid of a HMcK10 that laid an egg. 

Cooper's Craft 100 proof was difficult and time consuming to finally finish off. Nothing but heat! 

"Old Virginia" - A European release of surely the worst bourbon that they couldn't sell in America.

Ha that stuff is everywhere over there, I’ve had no interest, heck you can usually get yellow label for the same price. Is it worst than Label 5 Scotch that’s all over in Europe?

I hate having crap bottles.  While I have had several over the years, two really stick out.  One was Dickel 12.   The vitamin profile just wasn't to my liking.  I poured about 1/2 bottle down the drain.  The only bottle I have ever sent to the sewer.  A store select Starlight Carl T. Barrel Strength was the other.  I ended up blended that crapfest and finishing it off.  Now I just use any skunk juice in cookies.

A county sanitarian once told me about a conversation he had with a homeowner who asked him about septic system treatments (they’re snake oil). He told her “Save your money; buy whiskey.”

She looked at him with a confused expression and asked “Do I just pour it down the sink?”
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, evasive said:

A county sanitarian once told me about a conversation he had with a homeowner who asked him about septic system treatments (they’re snake oil). He told her “Save your money; buy whiskey.”

She looked at him with a confused expression and asked “Do I just pour it down the sink?”

ABSOLUTELY OFF THREAD (but related to poop so is one of my favorite subjects:D:D)  -- My wife likes to bake things like bread.  She sometimes has "expired" yeast (Fleischmann's or Red Star).  After a septic system issue (like, one could SMELL something bad when driving up to a vacation house), a septic pump guy told me, "Just pour a cup or so of household yeast down a toilet once a month.  Fixes everything."

ABSOLUTELY some of the best advice I've ever received.  And since it addressed an issue related to one of my favorite subjects, I took it to heart.  Twenty years on, and we've YET to drive up to the cabin and smelled that smell.

And the iced ECBS I am currently sipping has NOTHING to do with my lapse in taste of subjects discussed or the absence of a nod to propriety by evidenced by my referring to POOP!

EDIT - Misspelling - and it was NOT "poop" I misspelled.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

ABSOLUTELY OFF THREAD (but related to poop so is one of my favorite subjects:D:D)  -- My wife likes to bake things like bread.  She sometimes has "expired" yeast (Fleischmann's or Red Star).  After a septic system issue (like, one could SMELL something bad when driving up to a vacation house), a septic pump guy told me, "Just pour a cup or so of household yeast down a toilet once a month.  Fixes everything."

ABSOLUTELY some of the best advice I've ever received.  And since it addressed an issue related to one of my favorite subjects, I took it to heart.  Twenty years on, and we've YET to drive up to the cabin and smelled that smell.

And the iced ECBS I am currently sipping has NOTHING to do with my lapse in taste of subjects discussed or the absence of a nod to propriety by evidenced by my referring to POOP!

EDIT - Misspelling - and it was NOT "poop" I misspelled.

speaking of, anybody heard from our fellow SB'er Boubonmakesmepoop lately?  ?

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha that stuff is everywhere over there, I’ve had no interest, heck you can usually get yellow label for the same price. Is it worst than Label 5 Scotch that’s all over in Europe?

I am grateful to have forgotten, apart from having tattooed my mind with NEVER AGAIN.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, evasive said:

Ha...I am on a septic system.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.