jeffrey r

What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Spring/Summer 2019

Kane

Wandered into a mom & pop store while visiting Providence, found this for $50. The owner was a sweet old lady, said they brought in a bunch of fancy bottles a few years ago, but they didn't move in that part of town.

Unrelated pour of Pusser's in the frame there.

IMG_20190707_001806.jpg

• I like it 2

lcpfratn
Wandered into a mom & pop store while visiting Providence, found this for $50. The owner was a sweet old lady, said they brought in a bunch of fancy bottles a few years ago, but they didn't move in that part of town.

Unrelated pour of Pusser's in the frame there.

IMG_20190707_001806.thumb.jpg.f5f83846a104945cfcf623c32a7737cf.jpg

Can’t argue with that price! I would have brought it home too!

beasled

20190709_134321.jpg

• I like it 2

Marekv8
Posted (edited)

A couple of interesting things from one of my favorite dusty CT bottle shops-- left a case of underpriced 200th Anniversary Laphroaig 15 and a bevy of Blanton's on the shelf, but I may stop by tomorrow on my way to the airport if I still have some room. The first fill sherry Glen Scotia 16 was bottled in 2008 and is probably an oddball to say the least.

IMG_1870.thumb.jpg.04f23f600dbccf65e93af4dae9b775ce.jpg

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 3

GaryT

Picked up a Knappogue Castle 12yr Marsala Cask Finish (never had a whiskey finished in Marsala casks, and Chicken Marsala is delicious, so . . . why not?) and a Port Charlotte 10yr Heavily Peated.

• I like it 1

BigRich
Picked up a Knappogue Castle 12yr Marsala Cask Finish (never had a whiskey finished in Marsala casks, and Chicken Marsala is delicious, so . . . why not?) and a Port Charlotte 10yr Heavily Peated.

Getting the mid year itch there Gary?

GaryT
8 hours ago, BigRich said:

Getting the mid year itch there Gary?

Damned by the "free shipping every month" on one bottle by Flaviar (which of course has successfully resulted in my buying one bottle a month, including many I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise).  Started off mostly price shopping (like Lag 16 for $83, Redbreast 12 CX for $68 - trying to recoup the membership).  But this buying nonsense is going to slow down . . . really . . . I mean . . . its not like I have a problem . . . 

• I like it 1

kevinbrink
2 hours ago, GaryT said:

Damned by the "free shipping every month" on one bottle by Flaviar (which of course has successfully resulted in my buying one bottle a month, including many I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise).  Started off mostly price shopping (like Lag 16 for $83, Redbreast 12 CX for $68 - trying to recoup the membership).  But this buying nonsense is going to slow down . . . really . . . I mean . . . its not like I have a problem . . . 

Thats how they get you, $68 for RB 12 CS is a very good price these days though. 

GaryT
2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Thats how they get you, $68 for RB 12 CS is a very good price these days though. 

You're 110% right.  And I hate that I know that . . . but am still falling for their shenanigans!

Being the geek I am, I've got a spreadsheet where I'm keeping score :lol:  I figure a RB12CS would run me closer to $95 these days - so figure I 'recouped' $33 on that bottle alone (and the annual membership was < $200).  I shopped the first month and made a list where they were substantially below local prices, or stuff I just don't see locally (2 months ago got a Armorik Double Maturation which I hadn't seen around).  I think I've exhausted the big price savings bottles (at least what I'm looking for), so outside of a couple more bottles (they've got an English single malt and a Japanese that looked intriguing), I may cry uncle.  

• I like it 1

lcpfratn
You're 110% right.  And I hate that I know that . . . but am still falling for their shenanigans!

Being the geek I am, I've got a spreadsheet where I'm keeping score :lol:  I figure a RB12CS would run me closer to $95 these days - so figure I 'recouped' $33 on that bottle alone (and the annual membership was

You can always buy another RB12 cask strength...it’s not like it’s going to go bad on you before you get around to opening it...or it could also make a great gift!
  • I like it 2

GaryT
7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

You can always buy another RB12 cask strength...it’s not like it’s going to go bad on you before you get around to opening it...or it could also make a great gift! emoji3.png

Exactly!  Although at $95 . . . I may not buy another ;)  

lcpfratn
Exactly!  Although at $95 . . . I may not buy another   

But, I thought you could get it for $68 through Flaviar!

BigRich

THANKS Jeff IMG_2240.jpg

• I like it 2

lcpfratn
THANKS Jeff IMG_2240.thumb.jpg.6f2ea513ffb157f7b1cef054f6e6e4ff.jpg

Now wait a minute, I had no influence whatsoever on those other two purchases...although they do look pretty interesting! Let us know what you think of the Balvenie Tun 1509.

beasled

20190712_225517.jpg

GaryT
8 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

But, I thought you could get it for $68 through Flaviar!

Not after the membership expires (not planning on renewing)

bourbon-n00b

Happy birthday to me!

20190713_211827.jpg

• I like it 1

Auracom

importing is a luxury i wish i could do more often 

735BE93F-D0D8-4E8E-8D38-65AD93F1CBFE.thumb.jpeg.a684fc057ade28f7a62ec4c77afd4600.jpeg

• I like it 2

Marekv8
1 hour ago, Auracom said:

735BE93F-D0D8-4E8E-8D38-65AD93F1CBFE.thumb.jpeg.a684fc057ade28f7a62ec4c77afd4600.jpeg

Love the G&M Imperial— very well done.

• I like it 3

kevinbrink
7 hours ago, Auracom said:

I left an Rattray Imperial on the shelf a few days ago, I've been thinking about going back as I've never any whisky from that distillery and it's not like more is being made.