What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/14/2019 at 11:27 PM, GeeTen said:

How many pairs of EC socks do you want?  I have tons!   ?

They should sell them on the website. Those are really cool haha. I’d buy a pair!

• I like it 1

Hey gang, I’m a little giddy to share my very fortunate week of acquisitions. On Father’s Day I was gifted a Nikka Coffey Grain (I know, wrong forum, but it is a fantastic whiskey), which already made my week awesome. Then today I went to a private sale for the top 15% of customers at a local LS, and they had a drawing for the first 20 people to choose between one bottle of Lot B for $99 or Mister Sam Tribute for $250. Well, I picked one of the winning draws, and nabbed the Lot B! Was curious about the Mister Sam, but $250 is a bit rich for me. Oh well, some fortunate soul will get it... Also walked out with a McKenna, which I haven’t seen in the shelves here for months... suffice it to say, my cabinet got quite a boost of great whiskey in the last 72 hours!

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Hey gang, I’m a little giddy to share my very fortunate week of acquisitions. On Father’s Day I was gifted a Nikka Coffey Grain (I know, wrong forum, but it is a fantastic whiskey), which already made my week awesome. Then today I went to a private sale for the top 15% of customers at a local LS, and they had a drawing for the first 20 people to choose between one bottle of Lot B for $99 or Mister Sam Tribute for $250. Well, I picked one of the winning draws, and nabbed the Lot B! Was curious about the Mister Sam, but $250 is a bit rich for me. Oh well, some fortunate soul will get it... Also walked out with a McKenna, which I haven’t seen in the shelves here for months... suffice it to say, my cabinet got quite a boost of great whiskey in the last 72 hours!

Mister Sam is a interesting story and, while there is a lot of conjecture on the blend, who knows what is really in the bottle.  I would have opted for the Lot B as well.   A Lot B and McK10 are nice prizes to walk out with.  

• I like it 1

While working in South GA on the GA/AL border, I picked up a Virgin 101. One of those tip of the hat to bourbon enthusiast bottlings I love, thank you HH.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Congrats!  To me it is even more exciting to get something like this out of season.  Pretty much when you least expect it.

Never heard of the Mister Sam, the few reviews I could find are very favorable though. . . $250 is a bit rough though.  

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Mister Sam is a interesting story and, while there is a lot of conjecture on the blend, who knows what is really in the bottle.  I would have opted for the Lot B as well.   A Lot B and McK10 are nice prizes to walk out with.  

Ok, I'll bite.... What is Mr. Sam? 

• I like it 1

On 6/15/2019 at 2:27 AM, GeeTen said:

How many pairs of EC socks do you want?  I have tons!   ?

Do you have an extra pair you could spare?  I only have MM socks right now.

27 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Looks more like the fragrance of Mr. Sam with that cologne bottle. Lol. :) 

Mister Sam sounds like a Sazerac attempt at what B/S did with Little Book 2.

Believe it or not, I have been slowing down my purchases recently because I am running out of storage space and also running out of new stuff I want to try. Plus I have more than I will ever possibly (or should) consume in a lifetime. Of course, with that being said, I have just returned from a yearly epic road trip to see family, and do some sightseeing, and do some bourbon hunting along the way. 3225 miles through 5 states in 10 days. I was also able to find a bunch of vintage Delord and Dartigalongue armagnacs in Chicago that I can't get anywhere around here.

Should make for a fun side by side comparison as I work through this haul. I cracked open one of the KCSB picks already, a 15 year selection from Liquor City (Gallenstein #15) and it's awesome.

IMG_4054.JPG

• I like it 8

11 minutes ago, silverc said:

Believe it or not, I have been slowing down my purchases recently because I am running out of storage space and also running out of new stuff I want to try. Plus I have more than I will ever possibly (or should) consume in a lifetime. Of course, with that being said, I have just returned from a yearly epic road trip to see family, and do some sightseeing, and do some bourbon hunting along the way. 3225 miles through 5 states in 10 days. I was also able to find a bunch of vintage Delord and Dartigalongue armagnacs in Chicago that I can't get anywhere around here.

Should make for a fun side by side comparison as I work through this haul. I cracked open one of the KCSB picks already, a 15 year selection from Liquor City (Gallenstein #15) and it's awesome.

IMG_4054.JPG

Holy fuckshit dude!!  What are the FR? I see Binny's and Crown.

Edited by Phil T

35 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Thanks. That sounds so...boring.

And all that pleasure will cost $250. No thanks.

4 hours ago, silverc said:

IMG_4054.JPG

Wow, what a haul!  Yeah, I am also curious on what the Crown FR picks are?

On 4/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, Richnimrod said:

A fairly nice bottle with a neat looking cap.   The Bourbon inside isn't spectacular; but, it's OK.   I have one as well (not that private pick, tho).   Won't replace it; but I'll eventually drink it.

Just had a sample of an Old Elk PS and was very impressed.

Been perusing around sw Florida the last couple days. Only thing I've bought so far to take home is a bottle of Old Ezra BP.

• I like it 1

Picked this up today. I negotiated from $140 to $130. They are very nice people! That Liquor Hound on YouTube is a bad influence.

93A14D2C-8C03-4A83-9C92-EA63A18B08DA.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 6/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, Phil T said:

Holy fuckshit dude!!  What are the FR? I see Binny's and Crown.

The Four Roses are:

OBSF: Binny's, Crown, Liquor Barn (x2 different)
OESF: Binny's, OBC Kitchen
OBSV: Binny's

I had to ask at Crown if they had any 4R PS left, and the guy had one on a shelf behind the counter. I think that may have been the last one available at the store. That same Crown location had 4 or 5 different ones last year when I was in Indy, but they seem to have largely dried up now unfortunately. I did see a few other 4R bottles that I passed on (OESQ at OBC Kitchen in Lexington and at Binny's), and a OBSF at Liquor Barn in Danville,, KY, so they can be found but it takes a bit of effort, and some driving around.

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Picked this up today. I negotiated from $140 to $130. They are very nice people! That Liquor Hound on YouTube is a bad influence.

93A14D2C-8C03-4A83-9C92-EA63A18B08DA.jpeg

Congrats man!  I missed it for $140 by 30 minutes...

Let us know tasting notes please.

Holy fuckshit dude!! 

I was looking for the words and then I saw you put it so succinctly.
  • I like it 2

Grabbed the last bottle that my local LS was holding for me.  The distillery is almost out and jacked their prices up 50% so not buying any more from them.  Distribution has stopped and there's none left in the area.  If it's one you enjoy grab it now before it's gone or the stores raise prices...  Stores in NKY have upped the prices to around $100-$130 (disitilery is at $90 now).

spacer.png

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.