What bottles did you open today ? (Spring ‘19)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 4/14/2019 at 11:12 AM, BMartin42 said:

IMG_4814.jpg

Took a while to get my buddies together to celebrate my new job but Masters Sunday at 10 am seemed as good as time as any to open this.

What did you think of it?

Just opened a Barrell Dovetail.....been looking for it for months.  Popped up at a little LS.  Anyone else dive into one of these?

• I like it 1

2015 FR OBSK from the gift shop, selected by JR. 9yr 9 mo., a relatively low proof of 52.9%, and it's outstanding!

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

2015 FR OBSK from the gift shop, selected by JR. 9yr 9 mo., a relatively low proof of 52.9%, and it's outstanding!

I still have 2 JR Gift Shop OBSK selections in the bunker. One of which he told me is what helped make the 2014 SMBLE a reality. I need to open one of those soon. Trouble is, I am not sure which box I packed them in when we moved 18 months ago. 

• I like it 4

On 4/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, callingtom said:

Just opened a Barrell Dovetail.....been looking for it for months.  Popped up at a little LS.  Anyone else dive into one of these?

I picked one up haven't cracked it yet as I'm a bench player these days but I've nosed a glass from someone elses bottle and I was suitably impressed with what my nostrils were experiencing. Looking forward to delving in.

Since Steve "encouraged" me a few days ago to open some bottles, tonight I cracked a RHF to go alongside the PS FR from Monday.

Thanks buddy! I needed the push :D

• I like it 2

Since Steve "encouraged" me a few days ago to open some bottles, tonight I cracked a RHF to go alongside the PS FR from Monday.

Thanks buddy! I needed the push [emoji3]

Attaway. Haven’t opened a RHF in a long time but used to enjoy that one quite a bit.

Looks like I finally lucked out and found a honey barrel of CEHT.  This bottle qualifies as the best I've had from BT, and I've had plenty.  The nose, taste, and finish are perfect for me.  I wish I had a bunker full of this barrel so I could stop hunting for 10 years.

A great dram while watching my Yankees spank the Sox.

IMG_1002.jpg

• I like it 4

Opened a bottle of WT Russel's Reserve Single Barrel. It was a store pick that I was good not great. I hope a little air will help it open up a bit.

Been on a tight budget recently so decided to grab and open these guys.  I’ve had the EWBIB before but not in a while. The OGDBIB is a first for me. Honestly these are both hitting the spot right now. I’m a fan of the OGD114, so naturally the BIB is right up my alley.  I love the heaven hill profile so the EWBIB does it for me. 

3B043F46-9EEF-47D5-98EF-B605A7F77508.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 4/16/2019 at 9:19 PM, hollywood said:

Not only opened here just earlier.. and of course now drinking.. :) 

9E89EBE3-444E-43E2-B85F-0E1EC8C71110.jpeg

Great pic

• I like it 2

On 4/15/2019 at 9:32 PM, elmossle said:

I need to open one of those soon. Trouble is, I am not sure which box I packed them in when we moved 18 months ago. 

Man, I know that feeling! 

1 hour ago, Adam777 said:

Been on a tight budget recently so decided to grab and open these guys.  I’ve had the EWBIB before but not in a while. The OGDBIB is a first for me. Honestly these are both hitting the spot right now. I’m a fan of the OGD114, so naturally the BIB is right up my alley.  I love the heaven hill profile so the EWBIB does it for me. 

3B043F46-9EEF-47D5-98EF-B605A7F77508.jpeg

7’s, thumbs here. Spent wisely then.. 2 good choices for the coin. ;) 

• I like it 1

I purchased this bottle back in December. I was really excited to find a 2011 WTKS as this would have definitely been the older lower entry proof. Also, it only cost $42! I saved it to open at the end of Lent as I gave up alcohol. This is my first experience with the infamous broken Wild Turkey corks, I feel like I've been through some sort of initiation, lol. The bourbon itself has a great nose and very thick mouthfeel, but the palate is too intensely bitter.

KIMG2154.JPG

• I like it 3

I opened a bottle of EC Single Barrel Store Pick today. It is a 12yr which is an added bonus and tastes really good. Now I just need to do a SBS with some of the old label stock I still have in the basement.

W.B. Saffell, my first go at this one.  Very oily and full-flavored.  It has a very bold spicy note that is welcome, classic Turkey if you ask me.

20190420_221325.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Soberiquet said:

I purchased this bottle back in December. I was really excited to find a 2011 WTKS as this would have definitely been the older lower entry proof. Also, it only cost $42! I saved it to open at the end of Lent as I gave up alcohol. This is my first experience with the infamous broken Wild Turkey corks, I feel like I've been through some sort of initiation, lol. The bourbon itself has a great nose and very thick mouthfeel, but the palate is too intensely bitter.

KIMG2154.JPG

It sucks when a bottle you've looked forward to let's you down. I've never had a bitter WTKS, but I've had one that had spice and dryness turned to 11. No bitterness however or it would have been undrinkable.

7 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

It sucks when a bottle you've looked forward to let's you down. I've never had a bitter WTKS, but I've had one that had spice and dryness turned to 11. No bitterness however or it would have been undrinkable.

It was a bit of a let down, but fortunately it is still drinkable and at the least interesting. I also think my palate was a bit off after not drinking for so long.

• I like it 2

Cracked this tonight.  EHTBP #6 128.1 proof  from '17.  I acquired this bottle last Christmas in a gift bottle exchange tradition I share with my brother each Christmas.

IMG_1751.JPG

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Cracked this tonight.  EHTBP #6 128.1 proof  from '17.  I acquired this bottle last Christmas in a gift bottle exchange tradition I share with my brother each Christmas.

IMG_1751.JPG

I have maybe 1/6 of my EHTBP 128.1 left and it is fantastic. It may be one of my favorite bottles. Cheers!

Edited by Adam777
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.