What bottles did you open today ? (Spring ‘19)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

I have maybe 1/6 of my EHTB 128.1 left and it is fantastic. It may be one of my favorite bottles. Cheers!

Now that's what I wanted to hear!  You made my day, thanks for the heads up.  I've had EHTBP before and I wholeheartedly agree!  :- )

Had to fill the open slot on the bar and this was the winner. Only one sip in but I can tell it’s fairly young, BUT also that it is VERY drinkable. This will be fun to explore it more.
IMG_1753.jpg

Just opened an EW SB 2010.  Very nice 8 year that was $25.  Low proof so just a nice sipper with no burn. 

Makes up for the fact that it is snowing here!

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, Kepler said:

'06 EWSiB

The two above posts make me want to open a EWSiB.

I really like those older EWSiBs.  A 2003 EWSiB was the bottle that got me on the Bourbon train.   Enjoy.

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
nothing special

Picked up a new 4R Small Batch Select today and opened it. At $58 it’s a little more than I wanted to spend. First impressions this is really good, good spice a bit dry the way I like it. Really a profile I really enjoy, I think anyone that likes 4R or Turkey should get one.

IMG_6618.JPG

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Picked up a new 4R Small Batch Select today and opened it. At $58 it’s a little more than I wanted to spend. First impressions this is really good, good spice a bit dry the way I like it. Really a profile I really enjoy, I think anyone that likes 4R or Turkey should get one.

IMG_6618.JPG

Excited to try this one. Annoyed it’s not in my market and not willing to pay to have one shipped so will just have to be patient. 

• I like it 3

I don’t venture out of Lawrenceburg often but when I do it is for 12 year old, NCF barrel proof, laid down by parker beam ECBP. Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey as it should be. 

241808F6-45DD-4D34-9C34-A7FF582E02FA.jpeg

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Excited to try this one. Annoyed it’s not in my market and not willing to pay to have one shipped so will just have to be patient. 

I really look forward to trying it too, but there is a comfort in waiting patiently, knowing that it will be a readily available permanent expression.  No need to horde.  Kudos to Four Roses, one of my favorite distillers.  They do things right.  Must just be the culture over there in Lawrenceburg, KY. 

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

IMG_6618.JPG

Sounds right down my alley, looking forward to taking one for a spin.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This is one of the few instances where it's better to live in Washington State. I can buy it from California, avoid tax, and pay shipping, and it still ends up being cheaper than what I will pay for it whenever it gets here. 

So that's what I did. I don't do this regularly because I prefer to support my local store but since we won't see it for a year or so it made sense for me.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

*cult card revoked for being cheap*

Sorry bob...

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

*cult card revoked for being cheap*

Sorry bob...

Sigh, Guilty as charged.  If not a future national release I'd bite.  Plus I figure Chicago will be sooner rather then later. 

So this means you have one en route?  Hate to have you suffer the same cruel exile.  :) 

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Sigh, Guilty as charged.  If not a future national release I'd bite.  Plus I figure Chicago will be sooner rather then later. 

So this means you have one en route?  Hate to have you suffer the same cruel exile.  :) 

Dammit!  Read the purchase thread.  Well played sir.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Dammit!  Read the purchase thread.  Well played sir.

Cheers buddy. 

:)

8F390A5F-0589-44A1-8EF4-9920C04467CF.jpeg

• I like it 1

IMG_3229.jpg

Been a while since I have opened a bottle other than a daily drinker. This is good stuff. To my taste seems along the lines of MGP which I am a huge fan of.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Trying something new today from WT.
IMG_1336.jpg

I almost brought home a bottle of that last weekend. Curious to know your thoughts on this.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

I almost brought home a bottle of that last weekend. Curious to know your thoughts on this.

I am not great at describing Nose, Palate, and Finish, but it has a floral nose, with vanilla, leather and earthiness on the palate.  I thought my second pour over ice was better than the neat pour I had in the Glencairn.  I was expecting Russell's Reserve type flavors, but it reminded me more of Rare Breed.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I am not great at describing Nose, Palate, and Finish, but it has a floral nose, with vanilla, leather and earthiness on the palate.  I thought my second pour over ice was better than the neat pour I had in the Glencairn.  I was expecting Russell's Reserve type flavors, but it reminded me more of Rare Breed.  

Sounds like a pretty good description to me. Also sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for the input!!

No picture but got around to opening up my Sweet XVI yesterday.  This one lived up to the hype.

10 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Same boat here, passed on it several times now. I think I need to try some basic WT stuff before jumping on this one. Is it limited release?

12 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

Same boat here, passed on it several times now. I think I need to try some basic WT stuff before jumping on this one. Is it limited release?

I don't know much about it, but I think it is. Maybe someone a little more knowledgeable than myself will elaborate. Seems to be fairly well received, though. 

4 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

It is a limited, similar to the Bond & Lillard or Old Ripy that Campari released before. It’s better than those two. The bottle goes for $45 by me. It’s pretty good, but not $90/fifth good. 

Another BIB that's gone by the wayside, too bad.

(for you heavy drinkers, that's a 200ml bottle, not a giant Glencairn :) )

AA BiB.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.