What bottles did you open today ? (Spring ‘19)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Joining the rest of the thread...

058516E5-065E-4CFE-B365-472A318E7B42.jpeg

• I like it 3

Had some friends over for the Derby, so felt it was time to crack open the VW lot B. 

EB168411-C52C-4251-B1FD-A6E6BD5AB9D5.jpeg

• I like it 4

Whenever a Russell’s meets the recycle bin, another bottle gets opened. 

Hey! I heard your local has some OWA and HM10 (keep ignoring the Russell’s picks. ). 

Thanks,

Mgmt

FD2ABFDC-78E6-412C-A457-F3F037722EB7.jpeg

• I like it 3

Whenever a Russell’s meets the recycle bin, another bottle gets opened. 

Hey! I heard your local has some OWA and HM10 (keep ignoring the Russell’s picks. ). 

Thanks,
Mgmt

FD2ABFDC-78E6-412C-A457-F3F037722EB7.thumb.jpeg.20211a4024fa5a76f8d1468c213cdafb.jpeg

What a great name.

I finally got around to opening my bottle of Old Fitzgerald 9yr BiB this evening at a celebration with some friends!  Wow, this is a very impressive wheater.  A caramel nose that gives no indication of the 100 proof but serves very nicely to introduce the palate to the smoothest sweet brown sugar and caramel taste I have encountered so far in my experience.  The group agreed unanimously that this is an exceptional whiskey...Hope I can find one of 2019's 13 year version.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:10 AM, JSpartan said:

Had some friends over for the Derby, so felt it was time to crack open the VW lot B. 

EB168411-C52C-4251-B1FD-A6E6BD5AB9D5.jpeg

Looking at that fill-line in your Lot B bottle, I'm left wondering just how far out of level your table is, JSpartan????    ...Or was this pic taken at "Mystery Spot"?   HA! :lol:

• I like it 1

50 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Looking at that fill-line in your Lot B bottle, I'm left wondering just how far out of level your table is, JSpartan????    ...Or was this pic taken at "Mystery Spot"?   HA! :lol:

Looks level to me Richnimrod.  Me thinks you might have too heavily imbibed of the brown water.:);)

6 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Looks level to me Richnimrod.  Me thinks you might have too heavily imbibed of the brown water.:);)

OK, maybe it's just me.    Cuz I ain't had a drop in a couple days.    The fill line just seems waaaay slanted compared to the top edge of the label to my eyebulbs, is all.

5 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

OK, maybe it's just me.    Cuz I ain't had a drop in a couple days.    The fill line just seems waaaay slanted compared to the top edge of the label to my eyebulbs, is all.

Haha. I noticed that as well and the only thing I can think would have caused it is taking the picture as soon as I set it down and it was still sloshing in the bottle.

I like the “mystery spot” idea better though. 

• I like it 1

Just opened Resilient Barrel #39, aged 14 year, 1 month. This is a TN distilled barrel (Dickel), and not one of the earlier single barrels from MGP. It's good, the multi-vitamin Dickel note is there, but it's toned down a lot. Very creamy and an easy sipper, even at 107 proof.

• I like it 2

Cracked open a Jack Daniels #27 Gold. A bit disappointed.
Tasted to similar to the black label for the 80.00 price tag.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Haha. I noticed that as well and the only thing I can think would have caused it is taking the picture as soon as I set it down and it was still sloshing in the bottle.

I like the “mystery spot” idea better though. 

You probably just had the camera tilted. 

:)

JDSBBS. This was picked up a couple years ago when they came out and I finally got around to it. This may be the sweetest whiskey I have ever had!! Drinks nowhere near its 129p and as a JD fan this is a very nice bottle to have.

• I like it 1

I received a substantial pay raise today. So I’m opening this one that I’ve had stashed away. 5 years is a bit young for my tastes but curiosity got the better of me.

242AD9AA-439A-45BD-9BFB-8D0EF40F2DC9.jpeg

• I like it 2

I received a substantial pay raise today. So I’m opening this one that I’ve had stashed away. 5 years is a bit young for my tastes but curiosity got the better of me.
242AD9AA-439A-45BD-9BFB-8D0EF40F2DC9.thumb.jpeg.58b6eeea26b3eba754acfb91f5d85f13.jpeg

Congrats and enjoy!

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Low ABV SAOS

E6319657-C214-4CB5-B9C3-AA69E831D717.jpeg

Someone likes mashbill #2

like that paper label OWA too. Which Jefferson’s are on the left?

29 minutes ago, BusterChestnut said:

Someone likes mashbill #2

like that paper label OWA too. Which Jefferson’s are on the left?

3 18's and a 21.  OWA is from the 60's

• I like it 2

I posted this in the "Does the current value prevent you from opening it" thread last month:

Bottles I have that go for 2-5x what I paid for them, no problem opening those. It's some of the others that have gone completely nuts that make me pause. 

An example: When the CEHT Warehouse C Tornado Surviving bourbon came out, I got to try it (thanks Dawn & Jon!), loved it, and bought a bunch of them. I've drank a few, but now that they're going for 15-20x what I paid for them, it makes it tough to open another one.

Someday I'll get over it, maybe.......

Well, today was the day I got over it :) 

taylor.jpg

My gosh I love this whiskey! Tonight I'm even getting a little bit of that old time butterscotch taste that I don't ever remember getting with previous bottles 

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 15

1 minute ago, Vosgar said:

Well, today was the day I got over it :) 

taylor.jpg

Good on ya, Gary!!!

I posted this in the "Does the current value prevent you from opening it" thread last month:

Bottles I have that go for 2-5x what I paid for them, no problem opening those. It's some of the others that have gone completely nuts that make me pause. 

An example: When the CEHT Warehouse C Tornado Surviving bourbon came out, I got to try it (thanks Dawn & Jon!), loved it, and bought a bunch of them. I've drank a few, but now that they're going for 15-20x what I paid for them, it makes it tough to open another one.

Someday I'll get over it, maybe.......

Well, today was the day I got over it [emoji4] 

taylor.thumb.jpg.0bcc4c2844d71b2dca33474799a3e7ec.jpg

My gosh I love this whiskey! Tonight I'm even getting a little bit of that old time butterscotch taste that I don't ever remember getting with previous bottles 

I’ll join you, Gary!

IMG_9889.jpg
  • I like it 5

I’ll join you, Gary!

IMG_9889.thumb.jpg.e2b0b3625ea26461ca95ba80690138c0.jpg

Galvin beat me to it but good for you and@Vosgar not worth the hassle to sell secondary and you guys deserve to enjoy these pours. I also kind of think once these guys paying crazy secondary prices sit back and enjoy some of there favorite readily available bottles from there favorite distillers they’ll realize these unicorns while good aren’t worth those crazy secondary prices.
  • I like it 2

31 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

3 18's and a 21.  OWA is from the 60's

Oh...just a trio of Jeff’s 18’s, a 21, and a 60’s OWA...

Loser...  :D

• I like it 3

I’m helping my 9 year old with his school project and decided to pour some BT. It’s hitting the spot, while I multi-task with the Rockets game on in the background.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.