What bourbon did you pass on, Summer 2019?

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, flahute said:

Liquid Reese's? I just went from being completely uninterested to now considering it.

Definitely!  :) 

Rare Perfection 14  y/o $150

is this from Willett? Label stated Bardstown. 

ER10 for $27 at kroger

11 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

ER10 for $27 at kroger

The Rare Perfection brand is owned by Preservation Distillery. That business is run by the Palatellas and they only very recently started distilling. So clearly any 14 year product they put out is sourced. They own other labels too, all sourced still as far as I know. Sourced from where? Who knows. I doubt they got anything recently that is 14 year age stated from Willett. If I had to guess I would think HH is a good possibility, since they are close by and have plenty of aged stock. 

12 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

The Rare Perfection brand is owned by Preservation Distillery. That business is run by the Palatellas and they only very recently started distilling. So clearly any 14 year product they put out is sourced. They own other labels too, all sourced still as far as I know. Sourced from where? Who knows. I doubt they got anything recently that is 14 year age stated from Willett. If I had to guess I would think HH is a good possibility, since they are close by and have plenty of aged stock. 

Interesting.. i think ive seen some 25 y/o online before. Will need to read up. I saw the 14 from $150-$200 today. For some reason I had associated this brand with Willett.

46 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Interesting.. i think ive seen some 25 y/o online before. Will need to read up. I saw the 14 from $150-$200 today. For some reason I had associated this brand with Willett.

Well, Willett/KBD had bottled (and presumably helped source the juice) for some of the Olde St. Nick releases in the past for sure, but the brand was never owned by them. So might they have also bottled some of the Rare Perfection releases? Certainly possible. But today the Preservation Distillery has their own facility in Bardstown too. I believe they bottle there, and they have a very small system for their own distilling. But again they mathematically could not have come close to distilling a 14 year product. Of course Willett hasn’t been distilling their own juice neatly that long either. 

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

ER10 for $27 at kroger

16 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

16 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

15 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Well, Willett/KBD had bottled (and presumably helped source the juice) for some of the Olde St. Nick releases in the past for sure, but the brand was never owned by them. So might they have also bottled some of the Rare Perfection releases? Certainly possible. But today the Preservation Distillery has their own facility in Bardstown too. I believe they bottle there, and they have a very small system for their own distilling. But again they mathematically could not have come close to distilling a 14 year product. Of course Willett hasn’t been distilling their own juice neatly that long either. 

TTB Filings are all for Canadian Sourced Whiskey:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19123001000619

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19086001001184

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19120001001316

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19121001000838

• I like it 2

Not for lack of trying...

BF1DB68C-9E4C-45C1-B448-528ADAEB8985.thumb.jpeg.33817792edd9cc653f3f0207d711db75.jpeg

It has been at least ten years since I’ve seen that much Blantons together in person.

BT bourbon cream all but disappeared from the shelves once again. Came across a lone bottle for $55 today and noped the hell out of there. Bought a Baileys to sate that crave instead.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kane said:

BT bourbon cream all but disappeared from the shelves once again. Came across a lone bottle for $55 today and noped the hell out of there. Bought a Baileys to sate that crave instead.

The Ezra brooks is also a decent substitute if you can find it.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Kane said:

Bailey’s Georgetown Cupcake Red Velvet is crazy good should you need a fix. 

DCD814A8-2C0F-434A-9218-6286763A64B7.thumb.jpeg.5b9c52e4cc80ee46aee28e66ace4689f.jpeg

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

Never seen it in MA unfortunately...

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

DCD814A8-2C0F-434A-9218-6286763A64B7.thumb.jpeg.5b9c52e4cc80ee46aee28e66ace4689f.jpeg

...but seen this and passed thinking it a silly gimmick release. I'll be on the lookout!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, Marekv8 said:

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, BigRich said:

It has been at least ten years since I’ve seen that much Blantons together in person.

I saw at least that many on a Royal Caribbean cruise earlier this year.  Their stash was in the corner cabinet behind the counter, but they even let me pick out the cork stopper letter that I've been searching for!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Kane said:

OMG it should be under $20.  What a ripoff!

21 hours ago, Kane said:

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I've only had the BT bourbon cream myself.  In addition to Ezra Brooks and Brown Jug (neither of which I've tried yet) I also have recently come across Boone County bourbon cream.  Has anyone tried the Boone County and how does it compare?

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I've only had the BT bourbon cream myself.  In addition to Ezra Brooks and Brown Jug (neither of which I've tried yet) I also have recently come across Boone County bourbon cream.  Has anyone tried the Boone County and how does it compare?

There’s also Nooku from Greg Metze/Old Elk which is very tasty. Not sure if it has nationwide distribution. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, Marekv8 said:

BF1DB68C-9E4C-45C1-B448-528ADAEB8985.thumb.jpeg.33817792edd9cc653f3f0207d711db75.jpeg

No one else is the least bit curious where this it???

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

There’s also Nooku from Greg Metze/Old Elk which is very tasty. Not sure if it has nationwide distribution. 

The Va ABC has discontinued Nooku and Ezra Brooks creams.  We get BT cream once in a blue moon but we do have the Bowman Caramel Cream 10 deep on the shelf which is very tasty and at $19.99 is very affordable.

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

No one else is the least bit curious where this it???

If you’re having that much trouble finding Maker’s Mark, you should perhaps consider a new hobby...

:P

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, 0895 said:

If you’re having that much trouble finding Maker’s Mark, you should perhaps consider a new hobby...

:P

You laugh but how deep into the rabbit hole are we going with the bourbon craze and availability? :) 

On 9/27/2019 at 11:36 PM, Kepler said:

I tried the Boone County bourbon cream while touring their facility. I thought it was pretty good, but much different than the one from Buffalo Trace. Overall, I thought it was a solid product. If you see it, don't hesitate to give it a try. 

On 9/27/2019 at 1:05 AM, Kane said:

Wow! And I thought the bottle I passed on a couple of days ago @ $38.99 was way off the mark. 

This past week, I also passed on ECBP, Little Book, Michters, and a couple of other interesting things at  inflated prices. I also passed yesterday on a Weller SR @  $27.99. Yeah, I know. I would have bought one if I didn’t have one open and ten in the bunker. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

.Yeah, I know. I would have bought one if I didn’t have one open and ten in the bunker. ;)

Biba! Joe

Ten in the bunker?! You Weller whore you.?

Prost! Phil

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.