What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

I stocked up on some WT101 today because a store(I try not to buy from them usually) had it on sale for a price to good to pass up. $20 for a 1.75L. I was even able to locate some 2018 bottles with a LL/GK code on them. 

20 bucks for a family sized 101?? I would have cleared the shelf!!

• I like it 3

27 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Got a Blazed Orange on hold for me, gonna see if its up to the hype. But they didnt mention W12...

Different stores.  The place I bought the Whiskey does not carry Hop Butcher.  The Blazed Orange is one of Hop Butchers better releases IMO so if you like their style of beer you should enjoy this one.  

3 hours ago, Double C's said:

I stocked up on some WT101 today because a store(I try not to buy from them usually) had it on sale for a price to good to pass up. $20 for a 1.75L. I was even able to locate some 2018 bottles with a LL/GK code on them. 

I saw their post about that but decided not to drive all the way out there and stopped at TW instead and got a HMcK10 for $32. 

4 hours ago, Double C's said:

I was busy and couldn't get there until 7:30. I was concerned they may run out before I got there. So much for that thought. People that see the sign about them running out of BT but didnt snag some WT101 just dont know what they're missing. 

20191127_191653.jpg

• I like it 9

10 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I was busy and couldn't get there until 7:30. I was concerned they may run out before I got there. So much for that thought. People that see the sign about them running out of BT but didnt snag some WT101 just dont know what they're missing. 

20191127_191653.jpg

For future ref. (and road trips!) would love to know which store this is in St Louis??  Much obliged!

On 11/27/2019 at 7:48 PM, JCwhammie said:

20191127_191653.jpg

Don't tell them what they are missing....

On Wednesday popped into a store I hadn't visited in over 10 years looking for ER 10 for a friend. Found it, went to check out and they had a bottle of W12 behind the counter. Had to get that to.

• I like it 3

My brother and two nephews came down this morning for some fun on the golf course, and afterwards I had to go do a little Black Friday shopping for some gifts.   Merry early Christmas to me!

5CA3DA04-2507-4897-BAFB-EC79C461DBB9.jpeg

• I like it 8

My Black Friday shopping while out of state yielded some good results. Found the Eagle Rare for 31.99 as opposed to the 39.99 at home. I swore I’d never buy another WR masters but...fell of that wagon during my buying frenzy.
IMG_8915.jpg

• I like it 6

Been kinda wanting this since I passed on it back in October.  I don’t really even care to drink it.  I just think Makers did a fantastic job decorating the bottle.

On sale today for $20, so it came home with me... I guess to be a holiday decoration?  Who knows.  ?

I might  have a problem.  

6B02A524-7D7B-43CB-9738-A54BC19C1CEC.jpeg

Got a tip that a BCS event had some  bourbon.  Blanton's for under $60. They had ER for under $30 as well but could only pick one. Grabbed a few more BCS and variants tonight but missed out on the Reserve.

20191129_094350.jpg

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Got a tip that a BCS event had some  bourbon.  Blanton's for under $60. They had ER for under $30 as well but could only pick one. Grabbed a few more BCS and variants tonight but missed out on the Reserve.

20191129_094350.jpg

The Misses and I had dinner at 3 Kings tonight. I had a pour of BCS Café de Olla. I liked it quite a bit. It was kind of like Abraxas but with a tamer amount of cinnamon. 

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

The Misses and I had dinner at 3 Kings tonight. I had a pour of BCS Café de Olla. I liked it quite a bit. It was kind of like Abraxas but with a tamer amount of cinnamon. 

Yeah I was worried I wouldn't like it since I wasn't a fan of Abraxas but I really liked it. Picked up a couple more tonight.

20191129_202158.jpg

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Black Friday shopping for me was stock up on WT 101 and OF Rye.

Grocery store had a 30% off sale. ?

Those may well be the best values in the bourbon and American rye categories going today. I could live on those 2 alone.

• I like it 1

Tryna keep it artsy for you guys, haha. Another stagg. First two were gifts. I'll keep this one for myself. The McKenna 10 is another great gift so that will go to a new home this year as well. Already dipped into the willet rye 6yr. 

IMG_20191130_154716.jpg

• I like it 1

Well, things didn't quite go as planned today. I was gonna grab an OGD 114 for a GWFG vatting, and a Skrewball whiskey to make PB & J fudge. It turns out the PB & J fudge idea got nixed. So.........yet again, yeah I did.^_^

Biba! Joe

nov.jpeg.5cba0a81136ccc7234415a26761c8a46.jpeg

• I like it 2

43 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, things didn't quite go as planned today. I was gonna grab an OGD 114 for a GWFG vatting, and a Skrewball whiskey to make PB & J fudge. It turns out the PB & J fudge idea got nixed. So.........yet again, yeah I did.^_^

Biba! Joe

nov.jpeg.5cba0a81136ccc7234415a26761c8a46.jpeg

Joe, I'm guessing 80% of Illinois's W12 allocation goes directly to you! And I'm not upset about it. 

2 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Joe, I'm guessing 80% of Illinois's W12 allocation goes directly to you! And I'm not upset about it. 

Actually, I only had one new bottle/label 750 of Weller 12 in the bunker. That's why I'm so happy that I found this one.

FWIW, it's the Weller SR that I have a crap ton of. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

20191129_094350.jpg

Nice. I did some Bourbon County Hunting as well. Walked into a W12 in the process. Good day. 

Been waiting for the ABC to get the minis of Skrewball in. Well that day arrived and I’m the proud new owner of a Skrewball mini. After a few sips I’m thinking it’s a good thing I only spent $2.99 on this. The jury is still out whether I’ll get the 750 but I also got an EW egg nog. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.