What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cannot express how ecstatic I am too pick up this batch 14. Cannot wait to try it next to 12. 
IMG_20191115_193141_214.thumb.jpg.ece0f258138a34b70269c8e68ea53217.jpg

Been dying to find a cigar blend, haven’t had any luck in NJ, enjoy!!!
  • I like it 1

21 hours ago, kiltedchef said:

Cannot express how ecstatic I am too pick up this batch 14. Cannot wait to try it next to 12. 

IMG_20191115_193141_214.jpg

@kiltedchef, I'd love to hear your thoughts after you've compared them. Batch #12 & 14 both come from the same "coupe mere" (aka "mother blend"), but from two very different Armagnac barrels. 

The Old Forester 1910 has finally reached VA ABC stores. I got two bottles of the original release earlier in the year and really enjoyed them, so I was glad to pick up another now they they've made another release. I hope this latest one is as good as the first release. Anybody try them side by side? Are there noticeable differences between them?

• I like it 1

Stumbled into a EC18 over the weekend.  I haven’t tried it in several years since back in Kentucky at the HH Heritage House tasting. What are people’s thoughts on recent releases? Anyone tried this year?

DF84BFBF-9E88-4D78-9AE5-1069FBC65371.jpeg

• I like it 5

Haven't tried this year's EC18 but I thought 17 and 18 were excellent. Great pick up. I've been looking for one. I found one for $200 but passed.

Picked these up today. ER goes down way too fast in my house. Part of the WSR 1L will go towards a new batch of Grandpa Weller's Four Grain.

20191118_221239-784x1613.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 4

14 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Haven't tried this year's EC18 but I thought 17 and 18 were excellent. Great pick up. I've been looking for one. I found one for $200 but passed.

Picked these up today. ER goes down way too fast in my house. Part of the WSR 1L will go towards a new batch of Grandpa Weller's Four Grain.

20191118_221239-784x1613.jpg

I picked mine up for $171. A little over MSRP I think, but not too terrible. 

I agree with the Eagle Rare. Once a bottle is opened, it does not last long on the bar. 

Ok, tell me this is worth $140?  Stumbled upon it and bought because it’s gotten some hype and 6 bottles the store had quickly turned into 3...hoping it’s a winner

67001807-BEE1-4F08-8588-A878009B8830.jpeg

• I like it 1

I’ve been hunting for a Russell’s Reserve single barrel store pick for a couple of months with no success, finally found one in St. Simons island. 

It’s an Eddie & Savannah Team “Butterscotch”, Rickhouse O. 

From 2016 I believe? 
It’s incredible!

509708A2-1163-43D2-9D5F-DF9EACEEFB78.thumb.jpeg.670cd3b89b6f9a00d71daa35c9961281.jpeg

Edited by Iron ghost
  • I like it 3

4 hours ago, GoCubs85 said:

Ok, tell me this is worth $140?  Stumbled upon it and bought because it’s gotten some hype and 6 bottles the store had quickly turned into 3...hoping it’s a winner

67001807-BEE1-4F08-8588-A878009B8830.jpeg

I really liked it!   Very different.   The chocolate is a bit overwhelming, but definitely a sipper and conversation starter.

Whether or not is worth the MSRP is up to you!

ER store pick$32.. just missed OC french oak. 

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

Gordon's Liquors (Waltham) pick FRSiB OBSF $69,99 OTD.  Really yummy (they "try before you buy" so I bought 2)!!! 8 recipies down, 2 to go before I get my FR cult card????   ?

20191112_091809.jpg

Can these count for anything?????   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

13 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Gordon's Liquors (Waltham) pick FRSiB OBSF $69,99 OTD.  Really yummy (they "try before you buy" so I bought 2)!!! 8 recipies down, 2 to go before I get my FR cult card????   ?

Which are ya missing? I've passed on a few good ones the year and missed the OESO and passed on a 9.7 year OESF. Probably should've grabbed it but I tried it and wasn't blown away. 

8 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Which are ya missing? I've passed on a few good ones the year and missed the OESO and passed on a 9.7 year OESF. Probably should've grabbed it but I tried it and wasn't blown away. 

Off the top of my head, missing OESO and something else. (CRS disease is rearing its ugly head again!)   ?

• I like it 1

I picked up a WSR liter for $25, didn’t really need it but it’s not in shelves often here these days so why not? Also picked up a M10 for a buddy who was looking for it. I’m not much of a Michters fan but at least that was a decent price for M10 in the current market, $100

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Off the top of my head, missing OESO and something else. (CRS disease is rearing its ugly head again!)   ?

Welcome to the club Michael. Uhhhh, I mean Frank.  :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I really liked it!   Very different.   The chocolate is a bit overwhelming, but definitely a sipper and conversation starter.

Whether or not is worth the MSRP is up to you!

I’m reading it doesn’t have chocolate in it but it’s just the flavor profile they were trying to bring out.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:23 PM, marshall9779 said:

Been trying to track down ECBP C919. Some insider info for my controlled county said they might be getting held back till a whiskey event in January. Decided to take advantage of a $5 off $50 coupon with these today. First of the corked OWA’s I’ve seen and still at the old price of $22.99.

One purveyor down here started selling the ECBP B519 at a 33% discount from its "regular" price.  Hence, I picked one up for ONLY $10 above MSRP.  But then, I've never seen one at MSRP outside a control state.  I also picked up a Booker's 2019-3 "A Love of Country Ham" - the first Booker's I've bought in a year or so - at the local going rate.  I finished one bunker bottle last week, so there was space.  Am awaiting the latest JAM Murray Hill Club - purveyor said he'd deliver it later today; wholesaler assured him while I was standing there that the truck was on the road.  I wonder if that's the new "Check is in the mail."

If this purveyor is hustling relatively rare ECBP off the shelf, I'm guessing he's expecting the ECBP C919 soon.  My experience with it makes me think this.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JMFH said:

Today's pick-ups.   Baker's was $40, way cheaper than OH prices.

spacer.png

I'm a fan of New Riff's rye. I interested to hear how the Balboa compares. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

One purveyor down here started selling the ECBP B519 at a 33% discount from its "regular" price.  Hence, I picked one up for ONLY $10 above MSRP.  But then, I've never seen one at MSRP outside a control state.  I also picked up a Booker's 2019-3 "A Love of Country Ham" - the first Booker's I've bought in a year or so - at the local going rate.  I finished one bunker bottle last week, so there was space.  Am awaiting the latest JAM Murray Hill Club - purveyor said he'd deliver it later today; wholesaler assured him while I was standing there that the truck was on the road.  I wonder if that's the new "Check is in the mail."

If this purveyor is hustling relatively rare ECBP off the shelf, I'm guessing he's expecting the ECBP C919 soon.  My experience with it makes me think this.

As an FYI, this year's addition of Murray Hill Club- Special Release finished in Virginia Distillery Company's Cider/Malt casks should be out in a few weeks. It was bottled last week, and we're just waiting on the labels to come back from the printer before it goes out. If you grab a bottle of it, @Harry in WashDC, I'd really love to get your thoughts on it, but no pressure on that either! 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 1

I picked up a couple bottles of a pick we did a looooong time ago.   So long I ca't recall when it was; but at least 6-months back.   ...And, I have almost no recollection of the profile of it.   It's a barrel of 1792 Full Proof.   I do remember it was better than average... so there's that.

I can tell you that the barrel only yielded 130 bottles, and that the color in the bottle is GLORIOUS!     I'll open it in a few days, and report back here.     

• I like it 4

On 11/19/2019 at 12:31 PM, Iron ghost said:

I’ve been hunting for a Russell’s Reserve single barrel store pick for a couple of months with no success, finally found one in St. Simons island. 

It’s an Eddie & Savannah Team “Butterscotch”, Rickhouse O. 

From 2016 I believe? 
It’s incredible!

509708A2-1163-43D2-9D5F-DF9EACEEFB78.thumb.jpeg.670cd3b89b6f9a00d71daa35c9961281.jpeg

I have/had this bottle - it's not bad. If you live in Atlanta go to Sigman bottle shop (just east of Atlanta). They have a RR pick along with some other really good bottles.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.