What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/29/2020 at 8:19 PM, smokinjoe said:

Every time I go back to this Larceny Barrel Proof, I continue to be impressed.  Thick and syrupy, and the chocolate notes are to die for.  Pairing well with this MB3, too.

CBBC5BF2-E354-4439-911A-68A0C6E695EA.jpeg

How much,  if you don't mind my asking,  did you pay for it? 

There's a liquor store around the corner that has some for sale. I think it's on an "allocated - 1 bottle per person" rack. 

54 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ouch.

That bad eh?

I get it though.  One of my new rules in life is to not waste time drinking anything I don’t want to drink, even if it’s free, old, rare, etc.

Haha I am so squarely in the the opposite camp! Helps me rein in the buying. I haven’t found any difference in bourbon put into a hot toddy. With half a lemon come up early and 8 ounces ofHot water it’s pretty diluted.

• I like it 1

Drinking some EC BP B519. Gonna need to pick up a backup soon. Strange that no stores near me got the A or the C in, but B is all over the place still

A fortunate set of circumstances led up to a unexpected and fantastic March shopping day! I’ve splurged on 2 fantastic pours of ORVW the last month so it was an easy choice over Lot B, Handy, or Stagg. 

Smaller pour is for the wife who always seems to know which bottles to ask to try.

569C4A0C-4D32-48E6-AF9C-2F57F501206E.jpeg

• I like it 6

52 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

There's a liquor store around the corner that has some for sale. I think it's on an "allocated - 1 bottle per person" rack. 

My unsolicited input: goes btw 45 to 55 in Boston area, which is an expensive place to shop liquor.

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It was MSRP at $50.  

• I like it 1

Turkey Thursday. Having a few pours from my fingerjug of WT101

Always hits the bullseye. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

Yesterday morning bout 8:30 went to drinking. Never too early to start eh? Maybe I should back up and say tasting...not so much drinking. Met my local LS guy to do a SP pick  of Elijah Craig. Sample #3 was the lightest in color but the most aged at 10+ years. It also was the highest proof at 131. WOW was that barrel special. Light and delicate, more of a BT house taste than HH and it drank like a 90Proof...real smooth and easy, but no BIG tastes. Hints of oak, cane sugar, lemon, and maybe a soft butterscotch. But I knew it wouldn't take water and unfortunately I was right. It would have made the most incredible SiB BP I've had in a while but as most know that could not happen. Oh well...we picked one.

• I like it 4

It’s good, but I’d still rather spend $15 on it. 

82C038C3-CE69-4FF6-9FAA-9D86C73232BA.jpeg

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

It’s good, but I’d still rather spend $15 on it. 

82C038C3-CE69-4FF6-9FAA-9D86C73232BA.jpeg

Great idea and I agree. Or $9.99 /case price last time, hehe ?

20200306_223421.jpg

• I like it 8

Woodford Double Oaked followed by an Old Forester Statesman at the Delta Club. Damn shame that Booker's and Baker's have officially been stricken from the roster. At least the Laphroaig 10 survives for the time being.

IMG_3951.thumb.jpg.fb407f5f38f69515b98e204b3127bdc4.jpg

Climbed the WT ladder. Rare Breed is soooo good.  I’ve had an open bottle pretty consistently over the last year, but no backups. It may be time to put it on the stock up list.

46DED5DA-7571-400E-8255-2F6C348C2A1C.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Forgot photo!
  • I like it 2

Larceny Barrel Proof is killing it tonight, after a couple of other warmups.  Seriously really good whiskey.  

James Pepper 1776 barrel proof rye.  Barrel proof MGP rye under $40.  Heck yeah!  Rye bread, pine resin and dill on the nose.  Explosion of spice and sweet fruit on the palate with a long finish.  Young?  Yes, and a bit rough, but, as Larry David would say, pretty, pretty good! 

1776 rye.jpg

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

Last night went pretty well, so decided to lead off with the same tonight. WT101 it is then.

• I like it 2

Killed off the last of an Act 3 MWND (I know, I know it's not bourbon) and then finished up with a pour of Little Book 3. That is a fantastic bottle.

20200307_201340.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.