What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

36 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm having a before supper pour of ORVW 10. After supper, who knows? This will probably be my last pours for a while. Surgery on my rotator cuff Friday morning. 

FWIW, the gold thumbs up in the pic was a little "atta boy" thing from work. My quality rate in the last fiscal year was below the accepted goal of 1 error for every 10,000 lines processed.

The coffee mug was a gift from my son and granddaughter. The Sandlot is one of my favorite movies. They figure I'll be drinking a lot of coffee for a while.

Biba! Joe

952CDF20-201D-4AA7-8812-615B6AB5EFD5_1_201_a copy.jpg

Nice bunch of WFP you got there - they will be waiting for you when you finish re-hab.  Hope you get a cute PT (Physical Therapist).   ?

Edited by GeeTen
Spelling errors, of course!
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

Nice bunch of WFP you got there - they will be waiting for you when you finish re-hab.  Hope you get a cute PT (Physical Therapist).   ?

Thanks Frank. ;) FWIW, you just helped me decide what my nightcap pour is gonna be.  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Last night. Tapatalk isn’t working and website keeps posting pic sideways even if I rotate.

A81E0E06-C446-4156-907A-932F45D8AFAA.jpeg

Edited by marshall9779

13 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

67ECD8DC-8E6C-46A1-869D-1FA4A74C0CF8.jpeg

Tried this recently, because my son's initials are JTS, and was pleasantly surprised.  It's never going to rival a bottle of GTS or WLW but $10.99 for a 100 proof, minimum 4 year old bourbon . . . hey, I'm on that like stink on a polecat.

Last night my son and I opened and tried the Stranahan's Malt Whiskey he brought me from Denver.  Used 4 different malted barley's to make it.  Kind of smokey when chewed on.  Wasn't bad but I kept looking for other nuances that I get with bourbons.  I guess they weren't there since there is no corn or rye in it.  Finished up with a pour of RY SiB 10 yr.  Good way to re-modulate the palate.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Last night. Tapatalk isn’t working 

The Boss removed Tapatalk last Friday. 

8 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Last night. Tapatalk isn’t working and website keeps posting pic sideways even if I rotate.

A81E0E06-C446-4156-907A-932F45D8AFAA.jpeg

Tapatalk was causing the site a lot of problems and on top of that the Boss discovered some security issues with it.

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

The Boss removed Tapatalk last Friday. 

Was not aware. Thanks. Now to figure out how to post pics correctly on the main site.

62A81370-4F3F-4D46-901D-CC1D0E70C0BD.jpeg

2 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Was not aware. Thanks. Now to figure out how to post pics correctly on the main site.

I’m guessing you’re posting pics from your phone or tablet?  If so, the solution typically is to make a minor edit (e.g. resizing the pic), save it, then attach to a forum post.  Should post right side up every time.  

Love this stuff when I’m looking for a low proof evening.

In a few months it’ll go back into the freezer.

F7671D51-071F-4844-9ED6-3EDA79595A3A.jpeg

• I like it 3

Picked up a regular BT. Like liquid brown sugar. Going to get another tomorrow.

Celebrating Bottled In Bond Day...in the den...by myself. :P

084F8047-ABC0-4C99-A344-A9EB18CA07D1.jpeg

• I like it 5

13 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Tried this recently, because my son's initials are JTS, and was pleasantly surprised.  It's never going to rival a bottle of GTS or WLW but $10.99 for a 100 proof, minimum 4 year old bourbon . . . hey, I'm on that like stink on a polecat.

Agree 100% B)

Well, my day didn’t wait until 8:00 this morning to start challenging me, so I figured I wouldn’t wait until 5:00 to begin the decompression.  Another couple hours in front of me, but a paper label OWA usually can get my mind, body, and soul, right.  ?  

C2E1A499-DA5C-42EB-BCA7-DB125BB2390A.jpeg

• I like it 10

Working to empty this one in time to get one of the new bottles later this spring.  

0952B28E-3311-4858-BFF0-95576221189D.jpeg

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Well, my day didn’t wait until 8:00 this morning to start challenging me, so I figured I wouldn’t wait until 5:00 to begin the decompression.  Another couple hours in front of me, but a paper label OWA usually can get my mind, body, and soul, right.  ?  

C2E1A499-DA5C-42EB-BCA7-DB125BB2390A.jpeg

Wish I would have got one of those Glens a couple Christmas’s ago when the boss still had them and on sale.  

• I like it 1

Finished off my franken-blend of port finished bowman and wt101; drowned in fizzy lifting drink (cola).  

I'm down to my last bottle of truly awful tuition whiskey, some dewar's 12.  I like this scotch with 7up.  

After that, its clear sailing to the whiskey/bourbon zen horizon.  Godspeed!  

10 hours ago, Guss West said:

Finished off my franken-blend of port finished bowman and wt101; drowned in fizzy lifting drink (cola).  

I'm down to my last bottle of truly awful tuition whiskey, some dewar's 12.  I like this scotch with 7up.  

After that, its clear sailing to the whiskey/bourbon zen horizon.  Godspeed!  

Sounds like the sink drain will get you there faster.

• I like it 1

The second go around with my WT Stampede didn't go well tonight, I ended up pouring it down the drain. Still wanting some Turkey, I now have some RB in the glass. All is well again :) 

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

The second go around with my WT Stampede didn't go well tonight, I ended up pouring it down the drain. Still wanting some Turkey, I now have some RB in the glass. All is well again :) 

Ouch.

That bad eh?

I get it though.  One of my new rules in life is to not waste time drinking anything I don’t want to drink, even if it’s free, old, rare, etc.

• I like it 5

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ouch.

That bad eh?

I get it though.  One of my new rules in life is to not waste time drinking anything I don’t want to drink, even if it’s free, old, rare, etc.

I could've gotten through it, but your new rule in life has been mine for quite a while now. I have too many good whiskies to waste time on ones I don't care for. 

• I like it 4

I was going to delete this pic, since part of the glass is cut off (apple portrait mode)

but I changed my mind and thought it looked kinda spooky neat.  Ghost bourbon  or something...? ?

Anyway, I typically don’t like supporting Michters for reasons previously mentioned around here, but I tried this at a party and really liked it.  A lot.

Tastes sort of like a proofed down cousin of Stagg JR.

So I caved and bought one.  It’s been going down rather quickly.

F31E8E6A-DA83-4007-849C-36C235D0D73D.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.