What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Now, you know it’s better to have a buying problem than a drinking problem. :lol:

?  

I think you might be onto something here...

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Another one of those days where a bourbon I think I know pretty well tastes a little different due to something I've eaten. Having some W.B. Saffell after a meal that had a fair amount of garlic in it and I'm getting quite a bit of sweetness that hadn't been there before. Still a great pour.

I've done the same. I'm such a dope! My toothpaste ran out, so I used my grandsons instead. Went through the day eating, snacking and drinking (non-alcoholic) and finally relaxed for an evening pour of A119 ECBP.  It provided a wonderful sweet subtle bubble gum finish that was great and made me go back for more.  Took a few days for me to connect the dots.  Funny thing is, I might do that again.

• I like it 1

Cumberland Cask Vanilla Bean finished. This is dickel sourced stuff at cask strength finished in a port barrel with vanilla beans. It's 123.3 proof and has a nice kick. The vanilla bean finish gives it a bit more complexity and takes off some of the vitamin finish note from the dickel. It's quite nice and even though this was about $80 a bottle, I bought a 2nd to have as a backup.

Had friends over and let them into the secret vault to pick a few flights. NO, I didn't let them into the inter-sanctum holy subterranean bunker of course but they did find some jewels.

IMG_1437.thumb.jpg.4b92647d420a360119df3402b85133cb.jpg

IMG_1438.thumb.jpg.ebbb65a3819176774888c0fdc4c17f9b.jpg

IMG_1439.thumb.jpg.e25fee67616c4211eb4df3f3879d1a08.jpg

IMG_1440.thumb.jpg.e98158069ae9513dba04420914d94a7c.jpg

Wow, that used up a lot of pixels. :) 

• I like it 15

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

Had friends over and let them into the secret vault to pick a few flights. NO, I didn't let them into the inter-sanctum holy subterranean bunker of course but they did find some jewels. 

Wow, I wanna know what's in the inner samctum!!

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, FacePlant said:

You had me with the first pic. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, River Hills said:

Trying to figure out how to add photo to my post.  Not very computer savvy!

Using computer, adjust size and  move to desk top. Move to post using mouse. 

Cracked this open tonight.  I’m not familiar with any of the Knob Creek line, but this is fantastic.  
64832A86-8212-41FC-9B1E-2268356AFBAC.thumb.jpeg.3b45976dbb6c6a38454670422bdec097.jpeg

I saw you bought four of these and haven’t had any Knob Creek before? Good thing you like it. You might want to pick up the standard 100 proof, I’d be curious how they compare.
  • I like it 1

13 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Wow, that used up a lot of pixels. :) 

It was worth the pixels.  Beautiful stuff!

Giving my 2012 FR LE SmB another go tonight. It's sorta kinda growing on me but still not what I think it should be.

Sorry Steve....

4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Giving my 2012 FR LE SmB another go tonight. It's sorta kinda growing on me but still not what I think it should be.

Sorry Steve....

Still a top 10 all time pour for me. Scratches all the itches. 

• I like it 1

Bottling some samples of WP 13 yr SB pick and RYSB 10yr for a coworker who really needs something strong and I’m trying to expand his tastes beyond rum.

Thinking of FRLE SmB, having some 2016 FRLE, wonderful stuff. Picked this up in Europe a few years back from a great Belgian SBer who hasn’t posted in a while. I provided some SAOS SBS back when I could walk into a store and select from multiple barrels by the case. Good ole days.
cac592c91ca3667dd6fcb1fe0174ff5f.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Sorry Steve....

Gahhhhh!!!!!!!

Bring that to Bardstown and I'll bring something that you like. I pine for this one!

• I like it 1

Last night was a wee pour . . . OK, a substantial pour of EW BIB.  Sometimes you just have to hit one of the standbys.  Always good.

• I like it 2

Last night started with a pour of New Riff small batch, then OF 86 proof, followed by a small pour of ECPB C917 to cap off the night.

Freakin' BOTM thread has got me into the ODG 114 this week.  Half the damn bottle's already gone!  :0

Thanks, Stevo (and Harry)!  ;)

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Freakin' BOTM thread has got me into the ODG 114 this week.  Half the damn bottle's already gone!  :0

Thanks, Stevo (and Harry)!  ;)

LOL! Here to serve!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.