Jump to content
CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

Recommended Posts

Supercharger
52 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Pricey indeed. The bottles I saw recently were $660. And those are 375ml bottles.

Distillery price is $499. Yes, still absurd. 
 

I’ll likely never have a shot at SW juice. Even if I did, most collectors are snapping up old dusties like crazy and driving the prices up. I though I’d use a new job as an excuse to buy now. Ill likely drink it one day as a milestone achievement, perhaps with my kids when they’re ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clearmoon247
26 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

I’ll likely never have a shot at SW juice. Even if I did, most collectors are snapping up old dusties like crazy and driving the prices up. I though I’d use a new job as an excuse to buy now. Ill likely drink it one day as a milestone achievement, perhaps with my kids when they’re ready. 

I don't fault you one bit. The small pour of 17-Year SW that I have is so amazing, but almost gone. Im stupid happy that I found something that is even remotely close. Enjoy your bottle and be happy you splurged!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Distillery price is $499. Yes, still absurd. 
 

I’ll likely never have a shot at SW juice. Even if I did, most collectors are snapping up old dusties like crazy and driving the prices up. I though I’d use a new job as an excuse to buy now. Ill likely drink it one day as a milestone achievement, perhaps with my kids when they’re ready. 

Good for you. This is why we’re called Enthusiasts!  :)

 

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

With a little help from a fellow SB member, yeah I did! 😃

 

Biba! Joe

 

 

 

D521F803-56D2-45B0-AD8F-CD643686F3BC_1_105_c copy.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
parksmart

Got a couple of 750s of WSR today thanks to a tip from @fosmith that a local big box retailer had them in stock for a solid price.  Much appreciated!

 

😁

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FasterHorses

ER PS.. didnt need another but the guy and the store have been super cool to me. Really nice pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith
3 hours ago, parksmart said:

Got a couple of 750s of WSR today thanks to a tip from @fosmith that a local big box retailer had them in stock for a solid price.  Much appreciated!

 

😁

My pleasure.  Just returning one of many favors bro!... 👍

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mako254

If you are gonna get a back up Decades, this is the one. 

 

 

7E06BAF1-3385-41B2-AEE1-4A42447D4BF1.jpeg

  • I like it 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obeezy1Kaneezy

This weeks pick ups...

6A653C16-883F-4DDD-9186-89803068330C.jpeg

  • I like it 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marshall9779

From my counties whisky event yesterday. It’s gotten too crazy. No more camping out for me. Go there at 8:45 the night before and was about 115 in line. Probably just do the afternoon releases from now on.

EC is a 10 yr.

IMG_4083.thumb.jpg.d453f690c523f4ab48b3ec6c65500212.jpg

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRich
This weeks pick ups...
6A653C16-883F-4DDD-9186-89803068330C.thumb.jpeg.a71c6917cf0b29d07543cd7cb00006de.jpeg

Flock of Eagles
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
4 minutes ago, BigRich said:


Flock of Eaglesemoji1787.png

Ba-dum-bump-pssssshhhhh.....

 

FYI SBers:

 

BIGRICH will be performing 2 shows nightly through the end of the month in the Copa Room at the Holiday Inn - Passaic.  He recommends the veal...  😆

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CardsandBourbon
On 1/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, Kepler said:

Picked up a 6 year age stated fighting cock 103.  Haven't seen one of those in awhile and even though I have several I decided WTF I'll get another. It's good drinking.

I totally agree.  The restaurant we usually go to before our Broadway Series play in Louisville still has a bottle.  I have a pour every time we're there.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
4 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

From my counties whisky event yesterday. It’s gotten too crazy. No more camping out for me. Go there at 8:45 the night before and was about 115 in line. Probably just do the afternoon releases from now on.

EC is a 10 yr.

IMG_4083.thumb.jpg.d453f690c523f4ab48b3ec6c65500212.jpg

 

8:45 the night before and already 115 people in line.

This is relevant to the boom thread.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharger
14 minutes ago, flahute said:

8:45 the night before and already 115 people in line.

This is relevant to the boom thread.


Agreed. Especially for those bottles. No offense, they’re great, but their not grails or unicorns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
parksmart
5 minutes ago, Supercharger said:


Agreed. Especially for those bottles. No offense, they’re great, but their not grails or unicorns. 

One would have to assume the better stuff was snapped up by the first dozen or two folks who camped out.....

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ptman2000

I was 30th in line and got there at 4 pm. 
 

here was my haul for the day. 

E15B87E4-105E-4CE6-9720-5E559638907D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ptman2000
4 minutes ago, parksmart said:

One would have to assume the better stuff was snapped up by the first dozen or two folks who camped out.....

They had 3 bottles each of Pappy 20 and 23. Then 1 bottle of OFC 1994. Some Weller full proof,12 yr, Old Rip 10 yr along with Old Fitz 15 yo. 
 

that was the extent of the early releases. 
 

not going to be camping out again most likely. Just gotten too crazy. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
parksmart
6 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

They had 3 bottles each of Pappy 20 and 23. Then 1 bottle of OFC 1994. Some Weller full proof,12 yr, Old Rip 10 yr along with Old Fitz 15 yo. 
 

that was the extent of the early releases. 
 

not going to be camping out again most likely. Just gotten too crazy. 

Yikes.  Sounds like you were lucky you got an ORVW being that far back in line.

Edited by parksmart
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
51 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

I was 30th in line and got there at 4 pm. 
 

here was my haul for the day. 

E15B87E4-105E-4CE6-9720-5E559638907D.jpeg


Good variety there.

Hope you enjoy that Baker’s.  I like what is being done with that brand currently.

 

Also, I’m a little jealous of that nice fireplace. 🔥 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mako254
2 hours ago, flahute said:

8:45 the night before and already 115 people in line.

This is relevant to the boom thread.

 Glut ain’t coming. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
5 hours ago, BigRich said:


Flock of Eaglesemoji1787.png

...and one dodo.

😂

 

 

7C301269-FE05-4614-B739-EE66ABD8281A.jpeg

Edited by 0895
Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Nothing personal against Willett.
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obeezy1Kaneezy
9 hours ago, BigRich said:


Flock of Eaglesemoji1787.png


Remember to tip your waitress!

 

These are two different picks by the same store.  These & the Willett I’d already paid for just hadn’t been able to get down & pick them up.  The ER picks have been scarce until just recently around me.  I’ve picked up seven the last couple months from three different stores.  I’m not mad about it at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

No words needed. :D

 

Biba! Joe

 

 

DSC_0010.jpeg

  • I like it 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FasterHorses
14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No words needed. :D

 

Biba! Joe

 

 

DSC_0010.jpeg

Awesome! Was pullin for you to get a full proof at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.