What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, it's our normal weekend shopping day, so y'all know what that means. :unsure: Of course I stopped and looked, but I had no intention of buying anything. But y'all know what they say about good intentions? -_- Anyway, I ran across a deal too good to pass up. Handles of Four Roses (Yellow) for the unheard of price of $19.61. No, that's not a typo. So yeah I did. Three came home with me. The bourbon gods have to be smiling down on me. Right???:)

Biba! Joe

fr.jpeg

Well if 4R is on the menu that's the way to go. If I found a deal like that I'd have to call Coole to clean those shelves. ;) 

• I like it 2

Seeing a pile of Four Roses on your bar is not an every day occurrence! 

$20 handles ain’t a daily occurrence.
  • I like it 3

D4635EDA-62FB-4F9B-A196-4B42EB845699.thumb.jpeg.c4573286b5598e37412ba3a322efb8fb.jpeg

A Valentine’s Day treat from the Mrs.(she’s the best!) Although I am sure I don’t want to know what she paid for it. 

• I like it 11

We've got a long weekend so we're knocking around the South Jersey shore,  which is serene this time of year with nary a soul in sight.    The dog can run free too.    I stopped in a cool store in Avalon and picked up a Wyoming Whisky Double Cask.    This is five-year old Wyoming wheated bourbon,  which is good stuff, finished in sherry casks.    @Whiskeyblender - are you responsible for this?   It's delicious!    I'm thinking immediately of the Joseph Magnin and wish I could do a comparo but that bottle discharged its service honorably several weeks ago.   This dram really shows its brilliance and balance with a long Kentucky chew,  where the bourbon cuts through the velvet of the sherry.   

On 2/7/2020 at 8:47 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I enjoyed my first bottle last year so I was anxious to replace it when it came out this year.  I even found a bottle of this year's release in the low $50s.  But, I am with @smokinjoe, it tasted like Coke Zero to me.  Almost like an oversweet diet cola.  However, it blends well with the 1920.   I recall enjoying it as a blend last year.  However, the first batch seemed more enjoyable on its own. Similar to you, I see no need to replace the bottle. 

I am actually sharing the remaining few pours in the bottle along with the remaining few pours in a bottle of 1920 with a co-worker who hasn't tried either.  I will give him a decent enough sample of each so he can try a nice pour of each neat and then as a blend.   

I had a bottle of the 1910,  and thought it was way better than the Woodford Reserve Double Oak,  but doubt I'll buy another bottle.    The double oak gimmick still hasn't proven itself to me,  unlike bourbon finished in wine casks, which I quite enjoy.    

Now whenever I see a bottle of Statesman . . .  

3 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Now whenever I see a bottle of Statesman . . .  

I really like the Statesman.

• I like it 1

Grabbed a WB Saffell for myself and one to ship to a “friend” who cannot find it where they live. 

• I like it 3

IMG_0420.jpg

Day trip over to neighboring Missouri to visit the new Aquarium that opened in St. Louis. Made a couple stops and picked up a few goodies. Some because it isn’t available much here at home and some because bottles were as much as $8-15 cheaper there. Haven’t tried the SAOS since they went back to MGP but this has has Sarah’s name on it, says distilled in Indiana, and the price was right to give it a whirl.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

IMG_0420.jpg

Day trip over to neighboring Missouri to visit the new Aquarium that opened in St. Louis. Made a couple stops and picked up a few goodies. Some because it isn’t available much here at home and some because bottles were as much as $8-15 cheaper there. Haven’t tried the SAOS since they went back to MGP but this has has Sarah’s name on it, says distilled in Indiana, and the price was right to give it a whirl.

Its funny that us Missouri side folks head over to the Illinois side to find stuff all the time and complain about what we have here in STL. HA!

• I like it 3

My favorite Wine and Spirits department received a new KCSiB recently so I fired up the Visa for a purchase. Since I just opened up a bottle of their previous KCSiB pick, I'm thinking that it's SBS time this weekend.

In Lexington tonight and picked up a bottle of Jim Beam Single Barrel 108 proof. Different bottle and different proof than whats available in Ohio.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Shep said:

In Lexington tonight and picked up a bottle of Jim Beam Single Barrel 108 proof. Different bottle and different proof than whats available in Ohio.

Just heard about the new proof on this bottling, and am definitely intrigued. Have you tasted it yet, any thoughts?

A local store had some Yellow Label FR. They were 2017 and yellow.. not tan. I got  a little nostalgic(sp) and picked one up.

• I like it 4

Haven't had Larceny in a few years, but when I saw it was on sale for $25 and a Single Barrel Select, I couldn't pass it up. They had two barrels to choose from, mine is 6Yrs. 10mos. and came out of the Barrel at 58.5% ABV before being proofed down to 92. From Warehouse E-2. (The other barrel was 5 months younger and was 59.6% before proofing) I also picked up a bottle of the new Jameson Cold Brew Infused to try. 

IMG_8110.jpg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, BDanner said:

Haven't had Larceny in a few years, but when I saw it was on sale for $25 and a Single Barrel Select, I couldn't pass it up. They had two barrels to choose from, mine is 6Yrs. 10mos. and came out of the Barrel at 58.5% ABV before being proofed down to 92. From Warehouse E-2. (The other barrel was 5 months younger and was 59.6% before proofing) I also picked up a bottle of the new Jameson Cold Brew Infused to try. 

IMG_8110.jpg

How much is it normally there if $25 is a sale price? It's normal price at TW is $21.99 here and that's not enough incentive for me to pick one up.

6 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Bourbon finished in a bourbon barrel? Don’t ask me I just drink the stuff.

4DAE7E7A-CB27-4880-B8A6-0B41D63C0232.jpeg

Like a "Double oak" finished maybe?

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Like a "Double oak" finished maybe?

I wouldn’t think so because it’s finished in a 16 yr bourbon barrel rather than another new charred/toasted barrel like 1910 or JDHB. We’ll see. 

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

How much is it normally there if $25 is a sale price? It's normal price at TW is $21.99 here and that's not enough incentive for me to pick one up.

Larceny is $29.95. 

I finally was able to secure a bottle of Larceny BP (my first ever), as well as finally seeing and buying a bottle of the last ECBP batch fro last year (C-19, also first ever).    I shall open each up in due course and see if they were worth the wait....

• I like it 4

A buddy was looking for some CEHT.  Told them there probably wasn't any around but I would go look.  There wasn't but . . . I found the ET BIB mis-priced at $19.99 so even though I didn't "NEED" a bottle I grabbed one anyway.  The KC SiB was a PS that I did the pick on so I grabbed a bottle.  I actually got to name the bottle.  If you remember the group the Zombies, they had a song called "Tell Her No".  This bottle is called "Tell Her Noe".  The other picture is of the actual barrel.  I wrote the name on it when we did the pick but John O didn't want the name out there until it was in the store.

TELL HER NOE 1.jpeg

TELL HER NOE 2.jpeg

• I like it 9

Bulleit Blender Select 

Larceny Barrel Proof.. both for a friend but still. May keep the Larceny

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.