What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

stopped by my go to place last night and grabbed an OF 1920 to try this weekend. I am looking forward to a comparison of 1910, 1920, and will make a blend of 1915 to try out.

Hoping to replenish my stock of WSR today but no luck.  However found a family sized bottle of a BT single barrel which will be my first.  Am excited to do a side by side tomorrow with the regular BT to taste the difference  

1059CD2B-1204-4B5A-8B70-29760B53A4B2.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 2/16/2020 at 5:15 AM, Jazzhead said:

We've got a long weekend so we're knocking around the South Jersey shore,  which is serene this time of year with nary a soul in sight.    The dog can run free too.    I stopped in a cool store in Avalon and picked up a Wyoming Whisky Double Cask.    This is five-year old Wyoming wheated bourbon,  which is good stuff, finished in sherry casks.    @Whiskeyblender - are you responsible for this?   It's delicious!    I'm thinking immediately of the Joseph Magnin and wish I could do a comparo but that bottle discharged its service honorably several weeks ago.   This dram really shows its brilliance and balance with a long Kentucky chew,  where the bourbon cuts through the velvet of the sherry.   

@Jazzhead, I cannot tell a lie.....YES! I do have some responsibility for the WW Double Cask. The big difference between the Jos. Magnus and the WW, besides one distillate being much older and from Indiana and the other being 5 to 6 years and coming from WY, is that the WW Double Cask uses only Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks for the finishing. The majority of the Sherry notes in the Magnus come from Oloroso Sherry casks, with just a little bit of PX (and Cognac, which isn't historically accurate to the blend, but that helps make the profile a bit more like the original). 

At any rate, I'm thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the WWDC, and I'm especially glad to hear that the Sherry notes are not overwhelming the Bourbon itself. That's always of concern to me, not just with WW, but with any distillery I blend for.  I'll be back in Wyoming again when blending season starts up in May to work with more of that delicious Wyoming goodness! 

Cheers,

Nancy

IMG_3702.jpg

• I like it 2

On 2/19/2020 at 5:54 AM, Soberiquet said:

Just heard about the new proof on this bottling, and am definitely intrigued. Have you tasted it yet, any thoughts?

Haven't  opened it yet.

Grabbed a Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered and 10 year Desert Jewel - I have a 12 year private pick currently open so ill do a side-by-side-by-side as soon as I shake this cold. The 12 takes me back to the good old days of SAOS

• I like it 1

Today’s mail...:)

yes, that’s correct.... I have to mail order BT bourbon cream sometimes (sigh).

2A7F594F-9443-48CF-819A-F5E4C5617885.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 3

12 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Bourbon Cream is SO hard to find in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but it's SO tasty!  Especially over ice, or with root beer.  Enjoy!

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Bourbon Cream is SO hard to find in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but it's SO tasty!  Especially over ice, or with root beer.  Enjoy!

I love it over ice spiked liberally with bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace...

• I like it 2

37 minutes ago, fosmith said:

I love it over ice spiked liberally with bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace...

A natural pairing!  I'll have to seek out a few bottles, they always got too quickly...

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Are those mini BT cream bottles or a handle of a PS ER10?!

9 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Are those mini BT cream bottles or a handle of a PS ER10?!

It’s a 1.75ml ER store pick

:)

Hope it’s good.

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Equally hard to find in Ohio.   Kids brought over the skrewball for a gag gift for dad during the holidays.  One of them spiked the cream with the skrewball - like a peanut butter bourbon milkshake.   Was incredible.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

Equally hard to find in Ohio.   Kids brought over the skrewball for a gag gift for dad during the holidays.  One of them spiked the cream with the skrewball - like a peanut butter bourbon milkshake.   Was incredible.

Might have to try this.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Might have to try this.

Oh, the HORROR!  ?

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

Love the big ER.  For me the only time it is available is when my LS has a private pick.  The one I have open now is a great on-profile barrel with huge cherry cola flavors.  Was lucky to get a case, one open, one for a friend, one for later.   Perfect. :)  Well I admit I went back for more, but they were all gone.  Only had 750ml of the second barrel that was more off profile.  I did pick up one extra, but was really looking to load up on the other one.  Oh well

Bourbon Cream has been on my no buy list after that last two bottles disappeared alarmingly fast!  

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

I can find places that have it in stock regularly (I’m in south metro)

Saw another EHT Small Batch at 44.99 and had to pull the trigger... Hadn't seen them in many months around West MI so I feel compelled to buy whenever I see them... Really big fan of all the EHT I have had 

• I like it 2

A guy posted these on a local FB group, and much to my surprise it was for (basically) retail plus tax. 

Many of you shrug and think "no big deal." But these 2 are seldom found on shelves in STL. 

20200225_150613.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Grabbed a C919. Repressed the tater within and passed on Stagg Jr. batch 13 @$82. 

Batch 12 is the tater batch. You have the all clear to purchase batch 13.

6 hours ago, AndyD said:

I can find places that have it in stock regularly (I’m in south metro)

I'm in the northern metro, so I'll have to look harder!  Thanks for the heads up.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Batch 12 is the tater batch. You have the all clear to purchase batch 13.

If you recall you cleared me for takeoff on batch 12 too. Unfortunately, there’s still no flights available. 

4 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

If you recall you cleared me for takeoff on batch 12 too. Unfortunately, there’s still no flights available. 

I waited too long to provide that clearance. My fault!

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

A guy posted these on a local FB group, and much to my surprise it was for (basically) retail plus tax. 

Many of you shrug and think "no big deal." But these 2 are seldom found on shelves in STL. 

20200225_150613.jpg

Can you define "basically"? :P  I'm pretty flush on ER and ECBP but looking for a C919.

Edited by Clueby

52 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Can you define "basically"? :P  I'm pretty flush on ER and ECBP but looking for a C919.

$70 for ECBP and $35 for ER10. the reason I said basically is when I've gone to other states I've gotten ECBP for anywhere between $50 and $65 (pretax), so I'm not sure what actual retail is. Of course there are a few local stores that'll tell you retail is $100!

The ER10 was definitely retail. 

In a few weeks I may be in a place to snag a C919. If so I'll get you one. 

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.