What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Summer 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heard from LC Woody and the good news is that he and his family are all safe.

Extensive damage to his homestead though. A tree fell on the shop he uses for his business and is maybe a total loss. House needs a new roof.

Everyone send him some prayers and positive thoughts.

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Watched the Qualifying run for the Belgian Grand Prix this morning. Watching Daytona now.  Will watch the F1 race tomorrow morning had a bit of blade and bow tonight. 

4B2C0694-5042-4E60-A691-6A1A7B3CF869.jpeg

I'm watching my recording of F1 Spa qualiy now. I Love that track. 

Back on subject, opened up with ER10 PS

Cheers

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Heard from LC Woody and the good news is that he and his family are all safe.

Extensive damage to his homestead though. A tree fell on the shop he uses for his business and is maybe a total loss. House needs a new roof.

Everyone send him some prayers and positive thoughts.

Thank you for the Update Steve. 

Prayers sent.  We are thinking of you LC

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Very Nice Kepler. Very nice. You have my utmost respect and admiration.  ?

There are folks here that fancy WT, and are members of “The Flock”.  Others love FR’s, and belong to “The  Cult”. Kepler sir, consider yourself a charter member of “The Weller Whorde”. ?  Congratulations, well done. ?

Biba! Joe

Thank you Joe, and glad to be aboard the Weller Whorde, haha ?

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Thank you Joe, and glad to be aboard the Weller Whorde, haha ?

Congrats Kepler.  Rarified company you are keeping there. 

• I like it 2

Since hearing the news that LCWoody and his family are safe and sound, it’s been multiple pours of my Weller Blend in the glass this evening and early morning. Need I say more?  ‘Nuff Ced.

Joe

• I like it 6

24 minutes ago, k-train said:

Started with this:
346085052_OldForester1920-1b.thumb.jpg.958b758b06af3f723b2d8d2009446eae.jpg

Ended with this:
302052800_RussellsReserveSiBPrivateSelection-5b.thumb.jpg.2f406b73cfcfbc9012baeefdfbc3377c.jpg

Both, excellent choices. 

BTW, well done on your photos 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Since hearing the news that LCWoody and his family are safe and sound, it’s been multiple pours of my Weller Blend in the glass this evening and early morning. Need I say more?  ‘Nuff Ced.

Joe

Yep that's good to hear about LCW and his family. Raising a glass of Weller 12 for that.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Both, excellent choices. 

Cheers 

Thanks so much!

10 hours ago, FacePlant said:

In the mood. Gave it a go and today it's spot on. Tomorrow?

IMG_1630.thumb.jpg.94f16c891d40260781f10334b80d99fc.jpg

Half way through my first ever bottle of this and ready to pick up several more.  This is a hidden gem for me even though it looks like many here have found it a lot earlier. Love this forum. Cheers!

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Both, excellent choices. 

Cheers 

Agreed, these pics are great!

• I like it 1

So I have a question to the group,  I checked Twitter this morning to find a video of Willett Pot Still being poured down a kitchen sink with the comment that it tasted like pickle juice.  Fiurther comments revolved around the variation from lot to lot and how bad WPS is from regular Willett.

so WPS is one of my favorites and the bottles that I have had have been very consistent. I know that everyone hates the bottle  format which I also like. Many others commented that they agreed with the original tweet. My question is “Am I that bad a judge of bourbon  or is this the subjectiveness of taste presences and should be ignored.”  

StarSurfer55:   "or is this the subjectiveness of taste presences and should be ignored.”  

This is what I meant to quote.

If you like it, that is what matters!
Edited by Bob_Loblaw

32 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

StarSurfer55:   "or is this the subjectiveness of taste presences and should be ignored.”  

This is what I meant to quote.

If you like it, that is what matters!

Agreed. Don’t let anyone tell you what you like. You can’t enjoy things wrong. ?? 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

Agreed. Don’t let anyone tell you what you like. You can’t enjoy things wrong. ?? 

Ditto

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

Taking your spaceship for a spin?

:)

Inside of a cooler?   Would love to hear the story on the great photo.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

Taking your spaceship for a spin?

:)

This bourbon is out of this world ?

• I like it 1

46 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

Inside of a cooler?   Would love to hear the story on the great photo.

Thanks!

A few years back, I worked as the Art/Marketing Director for a hospitality group which owned 3 restaurants, a bar/music venue, and a catering company. I handled all of the photography & design needs for all of their businesses. Each place had its own specialty cocktails & its own wine menu. So I got to spend a lot of time learning about things I hadn't ever eaten or drank before while I was doing photo shoots.

In addition to each place having it's own craft cocktail menu & wine list, each place also had it's own aesthetic... so I had to get creative in coming up with different ways to shoot the food, wine, and cocktails offered at each place while maintaining a look/vibe that was representative of that specific space.

The bistro/wine bar was the funnest because it was done up in a way that nearly everything shot in that space always looked amazing. The spot with the most flexibility was the bar/music venue. That's where I could get a little weird/experimental & it would be totally fine. So I was always looking for ways to create interesting photos for that space. Often that meant using things I found lying around as props, lighting modifiers, reflective tools, etc.

We had received an order of something that came wrapped in a silver insulated bag. Someone was about to throw the bag & box away when it occurred to me that I could probably use the bag to make a sorta space scene for a drink photo. So to experiment with the idea, I placed a pint of beer inside the bag, set a speedlight with a colored gel behind the bag but facing toward it, and than another speedlight outside of the bag's opening, with a snoot to direct a thin beam of light straight at the beer. From the test shot, I knew it would be a pretty wild looking photo. Unfortunately around that time, it became apparent that the owners had overextended themselves financially & so some of the businesses were sold & a ton of folks were laid off. I was let go shortly after and never got to put the idea to use.

So the other day, I noticed I kept the insulated bag & figured I'd revisit the idea for a fun shot I could use here. Glad you dig it!

Edited by k-train
  • I like it 4

Had some KCSB followed by OGDBiB Sunday night.  Was amazed at how much they both expanded with a little air-time.  Definitely baking spices and some heat due to the higher proof but got the same peanut-forward profile from JB products, but almost tasted more roasted or almost charred.  Very, very good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.