What beer are you drinking 2021?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Do NOT bring any of that shit on Friday. 

Tsk, Tsk, we’re all haters.  Perhaps we need to refreshen up on our City’s Ethos!  🤪

FB74B64C-1452-4A6B-8429-BDF2C907D733.jpeg

Alas, no Bud at BigRich’s last night at GBS Executive Council Meeting, but drank enough Irish Whiskey to flood the streets of Dublin.  Today, it’s a Guinness Draught Stout out back on a gorgeous Spring day.  

086D1E7B-D4AF-4526-A65B-1F4109494A81.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 3/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, smokinjoe said:

Alas, no Bud at BigRich’s last night at GBS Executive Council Meeting, but drank enough Irish Whiskey to flood the streets of Dublin.  Today, it’s a Guinness Draught Stout out back on a gorgeous Spring day.  

086D1E7B-D4AF-4526-A65B-1F4109494A81.jpeg

I'm intrigued by the 'Nitrogenated for smoothness' on the can. I picked up some today and it's not on ours. It seems quite a niche marketing line aimed at the craft beer people who know what nitrogenated beer is! 

Cheers all. The sun's out, I'm off work and so is the wife. Have a great St Patrick's if you're celebrating! 

20210317_145559.jpg

31 minutes ago, beasled said:

Cheers all. The sun's out, I'm off work and so is the wife. Have a great St Patrick's if you're celebrating! 

20210317_145559.jpg

Celebrating here!  Corned beef cooking now, red potatoes later, Guinness, and Irish Whiskey later.  The Guinness has a small plastic nitrogen filled ball inside the can and is attached to the top that is punctured when the tab is opened.  Really does seem to make it creamier and promotes that nice cascading thing.  

Cheers and Happy St. Patrick’s day back at y’all!  

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Celebrating here!  Corned beef cooking now, red potatoes later, Guinness, and Irish Whiskey later.  The Guinness has a small plastic nitrogen filled ball inside the can and is attached to the top that is punctured when the tab is opened.  Really does seem to make it creamier and promotes that nice cascading thing.  

Cheers and Happy St. Patrick’s day back at y’all!  

We've had that here for many years, only here we call it a 'widget' thanks to a nifty ad campaign by John Smith's (starring a deadpan UK standup Jack Dee):

I was more surprised by the use of the wording on the can! 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, beasled said:

We've had that here for many years, only here we call it a 'widget' thanks to a nifty ad campaign by John Smith's (starring a deadpan UK standup Jack Dee):

I was more surprised by the use of the wording on the can! 

Cheers!

Heehee!  Nice commercial!  We all have a price!  😂

• I like it 1

Mrssmokinjoe and I out at the Battery to watch some March Madness.  Has it really been 2 years???  Burnt Huckiry Big Shanty Graham Cracker Stout to start.  

EF58BD42-8C1C-448D-A9B7-B27B64C24F92.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Smokin' 

20210325_181729.jpg

When the mood strikes, that beer is really good.  I have one in the fridge, and this thunderstormy day we’re having here may be getting me in that mood!  😁

I’ll pair it with a pour of Ardbeg 10  for the full effect.

42 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

When the mood strikes, that beer is really good.  I have one in the fridge, and this thunderstormy day we’re having here may be getting me in that mood!  😁

I’ll pair it with a pour of Ardbeg 10  for the full effect.

Nice! It is a terrific beer but you do have to be in the mood for it, definitely. 

2 minutes ago, PaulO said:

It reminded me of hot dogs. 😄

There's certainly a smoked ham note in there, no doubt! :D

My azaleas are looking good, it’s sunny and 80, and I’m done with my chores.  Monday Night Brewing Space Lettuce DIPA with a little front patio relaxin’.  😎

C488028A-F014-48CD-A073-1F142402C586.jpeg

• I like it 1

Its a 4 day weekend (thanks, zombie Jesus!). Kicking it off with a fine English bitter. Cheers all!

20210401_172026.jpg

Shocktop.  People watching on Fremont St.

Prost!!  Phil 

20210401_132403.jpg

17 hours ago, Phil T said:

Shocktop.  People watching on Fremont St.

Prost!!  Phil 

20210401_132403.jpg

I love the angle of that photo Phil.  It looks like you have a giant cup of beer in the middle of the street and all those people are on the side walk. 

• I like it 1

This is probably old news to some.  I found out recently that Falls City is back to being brewed in Louisville.  They have a tap room, several brands, and are selling canned beer in KY and neighboring states.  After the holiday, I'll be hitting some stores.

If scalping the brown and dormant Bermuda grass isn’t dirty enough, we’re smack dab in the middle of the pollen season.  You can get an idea how much grass gets whacked from the pic I took before starting today, of the Shamrock I cut into it in March.  I’m covered with so much crap I feel like Pig Pen from Peanuts.  So, I guess a Hazy IPA is fitting...  😁

0DC5C953-2036-45D8-8B38-F15D9DC8BECA.jpeg

DDEEFEF3-D33E-49AC-B8FD-BA50D29E11CB.jpeg

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

If scalping the brown and dormant Bermuda grass isn’t dirty enough, we’re smack dab in the middle of the pollen season.  You can get an idea how much grass gets whacked from the pic I took before starting today, of the Shamrock I cut into it in March.  I’m covered with so much crap I feel like Pig Pen from Peanuts.  So, I guess a Hazy IPA is fitting...  😁

0DC5C953-2036-45D8-8B38-F15D9DC8BECA.jpeg

DDEEFEF3-D33E-49AC-B8FD-BA50D29E11CB.jpeg

The Shamrock is AMAZING  and happy to see you enjoying a beer from one of my favorite Oregon breweries.

A great beer on a day like today.  Wish they had had more cans.  And wish every spring day could be like this one.

IMG_7067.thumb.jpg.311316ea55b3899720ef0c6a67cdcce9.jpgIMG_7068.thumb.jpg.e643f2881226acf5062f75b6607c9a4f.jpg

• I like it 2

Creature Comforts Duende Hazy  DIPA.  Wow!  So bright while creamy.  This is just about perfect for my likes.  

ED8B8500-6B5E-4145-9D34-47900084AFBC.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 4/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, smokinjoe said:

Creature Comforts Duende Hazy  DIPA.  Wow!  So bright while creamy.  This is just about perfect for my likes.  

I loved the Creature Comforts beers I had several (5, is that f-ing possible?) years ago when I was lucky enough to be down in Atlanta.  It was a long hot summer and their sour beers were amazing.  And could there be a better name for a beer than Duende?  Love to taste that hazy IPA.

It's the season.  Well almost.  And this is great beer.  I don't drink a lot of West Coast IPAs but I look forward to this each year and this year's doesn't disappoint.   A friend opined the other day that Lagunitas was a rock solid brewery and that he'd be happy with their IPA as his house beer.  I'm going to have to pick up a six and put it to the test.  And turning to the sour beers (that I know you can't stand, Joe) their Dark Swan is also terrific.

IMG_7135.thumb.jpg.d3f563ee5b316d6128c95808fdb906d4.jpg

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.