What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

Mattk
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, ebo said:

I asked my friend where he got this because I couldn't find it anywhere. It seems he told me wrong... it was Jefferson's Straight Rye...lol.

I really like this rye.  It’s great for sipping neat, or with just a drop or two added.  Strikes me as very polished, rounded and refined.

To my knowledge, it’s the first rye expression they’ve released in 13 years. It was also finished in used cognac casks. 

I’m not a Jefferson’s fanboy, and this was only the second purchase I’ve ever made from them.  But, as a rye lover, there was no way I could let the opportunity pass by, especially knowing that if it passed the test I could go back out and grab a few while still available.

YMMV

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 2

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

I really like this rye.  It’s great for sipping neat, or with just a drop or two added.  Strikes me as very polished, rounded and refined.

To my knowledge, it’s the first rye expression they’ve released in 13 years. It was also finished in used cognac casks. 

I’m not a Jefferson’s fanboy, and this was only the second purchase I’ve ever made from them.  But, as a rye lover, there was no way I could let the opportunity pass by, especially knowing that if it passed the test I could go back out and grab a few while still available.

YMMV

I remember a rye from them.  It probably was more than 13 years ago.  It was sourced from Canada, 10 year age statement, NCF.  It was mighty tasty.  The darnedest thing, hold it by a light, and it looked like a snow globe.  There were all these tiny particles suspended the bottom couple inches of the bottle.

I found another bottle not marked NCF.  That stuff just seemed to taste very average.

• I like it 1

Finishing off a great day with a pour of Whistle Pig Boss Hog 7 "Magellan's Atlantic", which is the third great pour I have had this Sunday.

• I like it 1

We had my daughter's birthday party last Saturday. I decided to open my relatively recently purchased Old Carter rye. It is indeed really a tasty sip, and a big hit among the parents. The batch 8 actually reminds me a lot of the redemption 10 year batch 2. Sadly it is no longer around to do the comparison.

IMG_20210823_155119.jpg

• I like it 2

7 year, 94p.

This is the first proofed down BT rye I’ve tried that (in my mind) tastes like what THH would taste like if someone proofed it down…. which I’ll likely never do.

Anyway,

It’s very good. 👍 

E9ABF7ED-9CDC-43CA-BB19-434391531DAD.jpeg

• I like it 4

Happy FRyeday.  I'm having a little WTRB Rye. The Turkey Folks are hitting on all cylinders. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Remnants of Ida passing through, very cool and wet day, so some Rittenhouse seemed appropriate.

• I like it 4

Midwinters Nights Dram Act 5, Scene 3 — during a no-frickin-near-winter-night without power.

AB1CDE27-9A4F-42D5-859A-550D73A031E9.thumb.jpeg.a06e6947c779822e7484cc5b38cb598b.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 8/31/2021 at 7:12 PM, Marekv8 said:

Midwinters Nights Dram Act 5, Scene 3 — during a no-frickin-near-winter-night without power.

AB1CDE27-9A4F-42D5-859A-550D73A031E9.thumb.jpeg.a06e6947c779822e7484cc5b38cb598b.jpeg

Whiskey by candle light. Been there! Hope you get power back soon!

• I like it 2

On 8/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, Marekv8 said:

I echo Flahute's sentiments. I hope very much you & the rest of the good folks down your way, get power back pronto.

Stay safe. 

Having some WP 15yr. Pretty nice, but not worth the cheddar. 

You never know, until you lay your 💰 down. Happy FRyeday 

Cheers

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I echo Flahute's sentiments. I hope very much you & the rest of the good folks down your way, get power back pronto.

Stay safe. 

Thanks very much— I’m heading over to the shop in a few minutes with my fingers crossed in hopes we’re back in action. 

Regards, Dave

• I like it 2

On 9/4/2021 at 12:20 AM, Wedelstaedt said:

Having some WP 15yr. Pretty nice, but not worth the cheddar. 

You never know, until you lay your 💰 down. ...

that's our game.  we have to pay to play

• I like it 1

So I'm pretty excited to have ended up with one of these. Plus lunchtime pour of michter's barrel strength rye. So far it's been a delightful day.

IMG_20210905_125702.jpg

• I like it 3

Didn't waste any time cracking this.

It's a store pick, that they really hit out of the park. They let me try it first.

It was still marked with a sale price of $59.99, (regularly price is $69.99), but the sale ended yesterday. The owner honored the sale price. 

It tasted great at the store but, after pouring it in a proper glass, with a tiny splash, it's fantastic! I should've bought two....

20210905_184626.jpg

• I like it 3

I felt like a barrel proof mgp rye today, turns out I was spoiled for choice. My bunker had a wide variety of such things. I opted to open this James E Pepper barrel proof rye at 116. It is absolutely hitting the spot right now.

IMG_20210906_141431.jpg

• I like it 3

I also grabbed a private barrel release (Seelbach's) of The Senator. 20210830_134544.thumb.jpg.2dbbbb5a4048bc5f7305cbd4307557d7.jpg

Edited by bourbon-n00b
  • I like it 5

Just finished a pour of (possibly rather common) Pikesville (110 proof)  and going for another one  after "Streets of Fire" finishes.   Listening to a little Bruce on vinyl.

Edited by G L Tirebiter
  • I like it 1

Following the Tuesday rye train with a KC Rye, here.  Needed a little sizzle to clean up a heavy din-din.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.