Jump to content

What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021


Recommended Posts

Well rye must be a thing because I've had Sazerac (a barrel pick nonetheless) and some Pikesville tonight.

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mattk

    80

  • 0895

    42

  • Kepler

    35

  • Skinsfan1311

    31

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are still cleaning up from Hurricane Laura (just some stuff we haven’t gotten to yet). I was in my shop and came across a wine box that was heavy, damn the luck, it has 5 Rittenhouse BiB Ryes (KY35

This showed up today, thanks to an eastern connection. Super excited about it!    

My first experience with this one. Both the wife and I commented that the rye was much sweeter than we expected. Lots of orange and citrus notes with some subtle baking spices. Of course, the wife wen

Posted Images

I had the good fortune of showing up at a local spot for happy hour. All whiskies were half price, so I ordered a double of thh.good fortune as it was blessed me with a sbs of 16 and 19 as there was only a pour left in the 16.

IMG_20210909_170332.jpg

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm digging WT 101 Rye.  So glad they brought this back after years of being gone.

I even saw Rare Breed Rye in the wild today $56. 🦃

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a company event at Hershey park today. The PA haul was pretty good. I was kind of surprised by the selection being so good at the state store. But chose to buy a few more of these.

IMG_20210912_191950.jpg

  • I like it 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up an EC Rye this weekend and cracked it just before dinner tonight.  Not bad - need to do a blind SBS w/ Ritt BIB (same price these days, although 6 proof points lower).

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whistlepig 10 bottle kill at the SkyClub... a triple courtesy of my new bartender buddy. 
 

9FA4B67E-8B8C-4816-B20E-B1CCAF7E63A5.thumb.jpeg.d043df94f826bd37f06cb3388026e1fd.jpeg

 

 

  • I like it 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
G L Tirebiter

Sipping some WT101 and watching the Pirates cling to a fading lead against the Reds.   Up by 2 in the 8th.   Let's go, Bucs

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Whistlepig 10 bottle kill at the SkyClub... a triple courtesy of my new bartender buddy. 
 

9FA4B67E-8B8C-4816-B20E-B1CCAF7E63A5.thumb.jpeg.d043df94f826bd37f06cb3388026e1fd.jpeg

 

 

I always love the end of a bottle at a bar/restaurant, normally makes for a hefty pour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

I always love the end of a bottle at a bar/restaurant, normally makes for a hefty pour. 

There’s a long standing tradition with the bar at my American Legion post. If you order a drink that empties a bottle, that drink is free. 🥃 FWIW, I’ve experienced this from both sides of the bar. I occasionally helped out by filling in at bartender there many years ago.

 

Biba! Joe

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out on the porch in a bit of rain and what walks up? A not so big raccoon looking to get out of the rain. Instantly thought, where’s mama? Baby sat at the door for a minute, scratched at the screen, and left when I tried to take a pic. Must have wanted some WhistlePig.

7399D49A-3BC3-4878-AB3B-F1881BCB6E13.thumb.jpeg.8a55c420f99362e50c5c8037ae958659.jpeg

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 8:00 PM, Kjbarth said:

Out on the porch in a bit of rain and what walks up? A not so big raccoon looking to get out of the rain. Instantly thought, where’s mama? Baby sat at the door for a minute, scratched at the screen, and left when I tried to take a pic. Must have wanted some WhistlePig.

7399D49A-3BC3-4878-AB3B-F1881BCB6E13.thumb.jpeg.8a55c420f99362e50c5c8037ae958659.jpeg


It’s a trap.  He’s not 21.  The racoon police would have been all over you.

You did the right thing running him off.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
kcgumbohead

A bit late but oh well... last Fryeday resulted in a pour of Dads hat BiB, bottles getting mighty low. I read awhile back that a certain run, and I think this bottle is included, was particularly spicy. That lines up with my impressions throughout this bottle so I don't know that I have really tasted their core profile. Once empty I'll hold off until I find a barrel proofer (hopefully sampled pre purchase which means an out of state trip) and resume exploring the DH catalog from that point.

This one was good, a mood pour as the spice was prevalent and I really enjoy spice, but this had some other side note that put it in the mood category vs. say, WP10 which has all the spice at 100% rye but I find that one enjoyable anytime, anyplace.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been making a real effort to drink up a bunch of my opens before cracking new bottles. And with much success. I present to you, a relatively low number of opened ryes.

IMG_20210923_150627.jpg

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wedelstaedt

Happy FRyeday 😀  I opened up with a wee pour of WTRB Rye.  Cooler weather just shouts a Rye whiskey to me.  Have a nice weekend. 

 

Cheers 

 

 

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this one up because the young guy at the LS was wondering what it tasted like... only one way to find out...

 

719449ED-B3AB-422B-B443-7F44F95C5B13.thumb.jpeg.d82cc4aaec24cb5ff23c79fd85a79db9.jpeg

 

 

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattk said:

Well so much for my last post...

IMG_20210925_190633.jpg

 

How is that?

I keep seeing it around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wedelstaedt
On 9/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Mattk said:

I've been making a real effort to drink up a bunch of my opens before cracking new bottles. And with much success. I present to you, a relatively low number of opened ryes.

IMG_20210923_150627.jpg

How is that 1776?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Picked this one up because the young guy at the LS was wondering what it tasted like... only one way to find out...

 

719449ED-B3AB-422B-B443-7F44F95C5B13.thumb.jpeg.d82cc4aaec24cb5ff23c79fd85a79db9.jpeg

 

 

How was that pour?  I absolutely love the Kevin Collaboration 2 whisky, but have not seen this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

How was that pour?  I absolutely love the Kevin Collaboration 2 whisky, but have not seen this one. 

 

I took it down to around 50% ABV and it really performed well. Great mouthful and delivery, but woefully overpriced. Basically a fantastic pour if someone else is buying.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 0895 said:

 

How is that?

I keep seeing it around.

I liked it just fine last night. The sherry finish is sweet and fruity. Usually I'm not one for a finished rye, but this one is acceptable.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

How is that 1776?

It's a young barrel proof mgp at a decent price point. Nothing more or less then you'd expect. So when the mood strikes it is exactly the proper rye. But there are many others like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.