George Dickel BOURBON

BDanner
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

it’s really opened my eyes.  I’m now eyeing that 15 year, does seem like a steal in today’s market.

I just got a bottle of the 15yr SiB and it's delicious.  Well worth the $55 in this market.  Only 96.2 proof but barrel strength and packed with flavor.  Bought a couple more that are 100.8 proof but they haven't arrived yet. 

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

I just got a bottle of the 15yr SiB and it's delicious.  Well worth the $55 in this market.  Only 96.2 proof but barrel strength and packed with flavor.  Bought a couple more that are 100.8 proof but they haven't arrived yet. 

You’re in Northern Cali, here’s its $70 but still worth it.  I was looking at the Blackwell’s site trying to see how many bottles I need to make it worth paying shipping.

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 1

So I got a bottle of GD #12.  I was thinking it must have been like 15 years since last time I tried it.  I don't know what's changed more, the product or me.  I sure have tasted a lot of other pours in the meantime.  I get just a slight minerally aroma in the nose, and some in the finish.  It's not the Flintstones vitamins like I remembered.  On the palate, it has a nice mouth feel, not thin.  Overall positive review, glad I picked it up. 

• I like it 7

• 3 months later...

Dickel 8 yr. Bourbon $23.99 at Costco.  I finally pulled the trigger on this one and so glad I did.   Solid bourbon on the sweet side, vanilla, caramel, touch of butterscotch with an underlying savory finish and just enough heat to warm but not overpower.  Not your typical Dickel.  Surprisingly full bodied.  Good deal at $33.99.  A steal at $23.99.  Will be stocking up.  Very enjoyable pour. 

• I like it 2

On 12/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, dmatley said:

Dickel 8 yr. Bourbon $23.99 at Costco.  I finally pulled the trigger on this one and so glad I did.   Solid bourbon on the sweet side, vanilla, caramel, touch of butterscotch with an underlying savory finish and just enough heat to warm but not overpower.  Not your typical Dickel.  Surprisingly full bodied.  Good deal at $33.99.  A steal at $23.99.  Will be stocking up.  Very enjoyable pour. 

Thanks for your detailed feedback.  I need to try this one soon.

Really not the best picture, took while trying to get on the on ramp of the highway.  Dickel 8 year, BOURBON.  They’ll full in this bourbon thing.  This stuff is good.

3453AA27-2D7D-466E-861E-C0EFEAB434B2.jpeg

On 12/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, dmatley said:

If I found it that cheap, I'd buy a couple of cases. I have been a Dickel 12 fan for ages, but this 8-yr bourbon is something really distinctive. The age helps with that savory finish you mention, IMO, while the classic Dickel profile keeps the palate sweet. The usual mineral notes are dialed back but not totally absent. I have some sea salt caramel cashews here in the house that are pretty much a perfect match for this. I went through my first bottle quite quickly, and it will definitely not be my last.

• 2 months later...

Bought a bottle last week, opened last night. WOW. Can't remember the last time I was WOWed by a bourbon. I'll be buying more.

OR price is $31.95.

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, CorvallisCracker said:

Bought a bottle last week, opened last night. WOW. Can't remember the last time I was WOWed by a bourbon. I'll be buying more.

OR price is $31.95.

You're so old Cracker, I’m surprised you can remember anything…. 😂

Kidding, of course.  Glad to see you around these haunts, again.  I hope all is well your way.👍🏻

• I like it 1

I was wondering where you went, CC.  ☺️

TTFN,

GeeTen

CHS Class of '66

8-)

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You're so old Cracker, I’m surprised you can remember anything…. 😂

Kidding, of course.  Glad to see you around these haunts, again.  I hope all is well your way.👍🏻

It's not the age, it's the drugs.

Bizzy, bizzy. Wrote two books, finishing up a major project, about to start a novel. If I had known I'd be this busy after I retired, I would have kept working.

• I like it 2

• 1 month later...

I picked up a bottle at the distillery store the other day while I was in the area. It's not in "Sippi yet, imagine that!  I like it a lot.  Paid $43 for it out the door, and am told it is a couple bucks more at most liquor stores in the area.  I plan to get a few more when I can.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.