Kirkland's 1792 Bourbons

BrokeCal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Man, don't tell me that.  My Costco(s) never have anything like that.  

My city banned the sale of liquor except for at a "party store" when liquor sales became an item a few years back.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Man, don't tell me that.  My Costco(s) never have anything like that.  

I'm gonna break your heart now.  A friend just sent me this:

Costco Stagg.jpg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I'm gonna break your heart now.  A friend just sent me this:

Costco Stagg.jpg

C'mon now, this is just piling on!  Any idea what the right side of the receipt shows?  Not that it matters but I can still hold out hope next time I walk into my local Costco.  Only to be disappointed once again.

Get your tissues ready.  My friend says $40.  I don't know when the receipt was from but I called that Costco and they said they had not had it in stock for a while and do not expect to get more FWIW.

• I like it 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Checked my local Costco today for the SiB; they said they don't have it and it looks like a deleted item (as in nobody will have it).  Anybody seeing the SiB this year? Item #14722224

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tasting the small batch tonight in prep for a review on my blog. I'm still on the fence about which recipe it is, but leaning toward Barton atp. FWIW, I like it a lot for the price point, but I'm a VOB fanboy.

Edited by Josh
  • I like it 2

Last year's Kirkland BIB was VERY similar to VOB 100.  I'm eagerly waiting for the SiB to come to my area.

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Last year's Kirkland BIB was VERY similar to VOB 100.  I'm eagerly waiting for the SiB to come to my area.

Forgot to mention it was the Small Batch I was tasting. I haven't seen the BiB or SiB here yet, although I may have missed it. Still easier to find than VOB.🙄

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

They have all 3 at the new Costco in Verona WI. I just bought a bottle of BIB today and will go back for more...want to try the single barrel 120 proof too. Was going to try the Small Batch but reading some of the comments make me think the BIB is better for just a couple bucks more...I enjoy the BIB. Drinking some now...

• I like it 2

Interesting about the SiB.  A few weeks ago I talked to Costco and the only store in the country with SiB was a brand new store in CA that had 500+ bottles.  I suspected they were from last year's release because last year they released the SB first, then the BIB 6-8 weeks later, then the SiB 6-8 weeks after that so I figured this year's SiB wasn't out yet.  Now you are seeing it an another new store.  It's interesting that the SiB is showing up at new stores.  I'll have to check today to see if this year's SiB release is out yet.

• I like it 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, B3Nut said:

They have all 3 at the new Costco in Verona WI. I just bought a bottle of BIB today and will go back for more...want to try the single barrel 120 proof too. Was going to try the Small Batch but reading some of the comments make me think the BIB is better for just a couple bucks more...I enjoy the BIB. Drinking some now...

This was definitely a great buy.  Hopefully the SiB shows up soon too.

Image.thumb.jpeg.5fd06d4fe3789cd9e2291234fbd7d566.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IamMatt said:

Jumped on the scale this morning.  Appropriate weight for a bourbon drinker, right?

1792 weight.gif

I haven't weighed that since I was in middle school.  Good on you!

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Jumped on the scale this morning.  Appropriate weight for a bourbon drinker, right?

1792 weight.gif

I see what you did there 😏

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, BigRich said:

How about 4th grade?????  🤪

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

But I'm only 4'2"!

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, IamMatt said:

1792 weight.gif

That's what I weigh right after a big fart first thing in the morning.  But, when I breathe in a little air my weight jumps up.  Scales can so cruel sometimes.

• I like it 2

On 9/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, IamMatt said:

1792 weight.gif

Looks like you are underfed and need to drink more bourbon, stat!!!

Dr. Dan's orders

On 8/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, Josh said:

I'm tasting the small batch tonight in prep for a review on my blog. I'm still on the fence about which recipe it is, but leaning toward Barton atp. FWIW, I like it a lot for the price point, but I'm a VOB fanboy.

Are you saying this is a VOB mash bill as opposed to the 1792 mash bill?

On 9/27/2022 at 1:19 PM, Jazz June said:

Are you saying this is a VOB mash bill as opposed to the 1792 mash bill?

Do you mind sharing a link to your blog?

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Do you mind sharing a link to your blog?

I think you meant @Josh's blog, which is: sipologyblog.com. This Josh does not have a blog.

• I like it 1

• 5 weeks later...

The Kirkland SiB just hit my local Costco.  Tried the neck pour and remembered that it gets much better after it opens up, so I will probably bunker a few.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.