What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

They usually send the invites on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am - 2pm.  Tip:  you need to be super fast once the email comes and know what you want at first glance for the higher end stuff like Pappy, GTS, WLW, Weller Single Barrel, Weller CYOB etc.  Cart it and get out ASAP, it'll be gone within the first few minutes.  If you don't, your consolation will usually be Blantons, Weller 12, Weller Antique etc.  

90% of what I have in this pic is courtesy ABC Vault at MSRP:

Bourbon Bunker 9-16-2021.JPG

Now let’s see the open bottles. 😉

• I like it 2

For the first time in a couple years, I bought a WSR. I was going to buy a MM 101 but spied the Weller. I'm not expecting much as I thought it was meh last time I had it.

• I like it 2

I went back to the store with the store pick OF BS and picked up two more.  Was surprised they were not already gone, but the stack was very low.  Hopefully that will be all the bottles I acquire until the fall releases arrive.  

• I like it 3

Two bottles of Belle Meade Reserve cask strength.  Got some in the bunker but when I saw 14 bottles on the shelf at the LS, I couldn't resist since they come in few and far between.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

For the first time in a couple years, I bought a WSR. I was going to buy a MM 101 but spied the Weller. I'm not expecting much as I thought it was meh last time I had it.

GW4G - now all you need is some OGD114!  Great 'fridge dram for hot weather.  😋

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, dwightschrute said:

Thank you and I appreciate the tips!  That is an amazing spread too.  I’m in Saint Johns Co., so hard to get anything around here for most part. Most of my pickups are when I’m traveling but thought the vault program would be best bet to pick up one or two a year.  How often you got your invites?  

I'm in PVB in SJC so right there with you.  We used to get an invite almost every month (this was back in 2019).  Now it's every 3 months or so.  

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Whitewhale said:

I'm in PVB in SJC so right there with you.  We used to get an invite almost every month (this was back in 2019).  Now it's every 3 months or so.  

oh gotcha!  Thank you.  Well I’ll keep on the lookout for you if I come across anything, as I’m right up the road (Palencia).  

• I like it 1

I’d never seen a bottle of Hancock’s in the wild, let alone on the shelf for MSRP - including no sales tax (thank you, Delaware!) I’ve heard it’s ok, but I wasn’t going to pass on the opportunity to add it to the collection. 

AB16C1F4-84A9-4353-B970-CF3A12CCE701.jpeg

• I like it 11

3 hours ago, Rhettro said:

I’d never seen a bottle of Hancock’s in the wild, let alone on the shelf for MSRP - including no sales tax (thank you, Delaware!) I’ve heard it’s ok, but I wasn’t going to pass on the opportunity to add it to the collection. 

My favorite. I still kick myself for not buying more the 2 or 3 other times  I visited the store     By the time I opened and tried it, they were long gone

• I like it 1

This weekend was successful... I picked up an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B0521 and a Four Roses OBSQ store pick for MSRP.

• I like it 3

On 9/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, apt43bear said:

Had some time during lunch break today and decided to do a little liquor shopping at some nearby stores as it's been awhile.  I probably should have stayed in the office because the wifey will not be happy haha.  Picked up:

- Calumet Farms 15 (been hearing some great things about this bottle, figure will give it a chance)

- Weller 12 (when I walked in there, one of the store managers was like welcome back, i got something for you...a pleasant surprise!)

- EC Barrel Proof B521

- Remus V (enjoying it so far, so got a backup bottle)

- Barrell Craft Spirits Seagrass Rum (not something I would normally get but one of my buddies swears by it, so figure i'd give it a try)

- Barrell Craft Spirits Dovetail (wanted to do a side by side with the Seagrass for science)

Not bourbon (though the Seagrass isn't either), but also picked up a Midleton 2021 to commemorate the son's birthyear.

Will hopefully go on a buying moratorium now until the holiday season....

I finally popped my Calumet 14 last night -- it's a woodchuck's dream! I enjoyed it, but it's mighty oaky. I want a 15 yr now because it would've gone into the barrels the year we bought our house.

3 hours ago, stevegoz said:

I finally popped my Calumet 14 last night -- it's a woodchuck's dream! I enjoyed it, but it's mighty oaky. I want a 15 yr now because it would've gone into the barrels the year we bought our house.

I keep passing on those due to the price. Both have been sitting behind the counter for several weeks. I love me som Barton juice so I’m sorta torn….

Meanwhile, delivery day again. picked up a couple too tree W107’s, again. We all know what they look like. Lots of speculation on the new bookers and possible EHT arriving, nothing but Weller sr/107 today.
🥰 for me, 😐 everyone else who waited.

I’ll ride this one till she’s dry 😂

• I like it 2

On 9/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, Rhettro said:

I've seen just one of those in the wild in the last 5 years - and I gave it up!  It was a lone bottle in a Total Wine in Chatsworth CA a couple of Christmases back.    I was listening with annoyance at a TW clerk trying to convince a customer to spring for one their "Spirits Direct" items for a  special occasion.   I interjected and shared the bottle of Hancock's with him,  saying this was both rare and special.   And so went the last bottle of the stuff I've ever seen.

• I like it 6

OK, I guess I should whine and complain more!  Guess what I stumbled onto today!  😋

Weller Single Barrel.jpg

WSiB in the wild - but $149.99 OTD.  Ooof - "Once in the interest of science" (old Socrates quote, loosely translated).   🤣

The ETL 100th was a gift that I opened for a taste last night.  Me likee muchly.   Will be shared with the folx at Pappy's Place tonite for Whiskey Wednesday.  🥰

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 21

My son and his family came over for a cookout and game night this past Saturday. He gave me a bottle of Weller SR as a belated retirement present. Again no pic. Again you’ve seen ‘em before. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

Found these Ezras last weekend at a store about an hour away from home.  I VERY rarely see these in stores around here, and NEVER at retail.  These were.  And the first is a store pick.  I had never tried them before.  It's illegal here to open them in the store (or just about any public place) so I found a private place to take a sip of each.  They were yummy so I went back to the store and bought more.

Ezras.jpg

• I like it 11

Oh, and a grocery store near me was closing out some stuff, so I picked these up.  $40 for the Bakers, $30 for the Burning Chair, $45 for the Stellum.  Haven't opened them yet.

Bakers, Stellum, Burning Chair.jpg

• I like it 6

Long story short, I got lucky. 😀 Since I still had the recently purchased/ gifted Weller SRs out, I included them in the pic. 😉

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.dd8c370d428a27945d9e627a9c2bb668.jpeg

• I like it 9

They're out there, guys.  Picked this up at my local Safeway supermarket.  The shelf slot was empty so I asked the liquor manager (who happened to be stocking the aisle) if he had more and he brought me out one 'from the back'.   He offered me two, but I don't drink it that often and I didn't want to be greedy.  1475377481_blantonssafeway.jpg.559005dfca170f8c69e5b53fc33ff260.jpg

• I like it 11

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

They're out there, guys.  Picked this up at my local Safeway supermarket.  The shelf slot was empty so I asked the liquor manager (who happened to be stocking the aisle) if he had more and he brought me out one 'from the back'.   He offered me two, but I don't drink it that often and I didn't want to be greedy.  1475377481_blantonssafeway.jpg.559005dfca170f8c69e5b53fc33ff260.jpg

Isn't the saying, "Greed will Set you free"; well maybe not, but you could be pi$$ing off a few taters.

Think!!! 😜

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Oh, and a grocery store near me was closing out some stuff, so I picked these up.  $40 for the Bakers, $30 for the Burning Chair, $45 for the Stellum.  Haven't opened them yet.

Bakers, Stellum, Burning Chair.jpg

$40 for the Baker’s is a good deal.

I have enjoyed the new “single barrel” version quite a bit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.