What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been crazy busy the last month, but I still managed to sneak off and pick up a few bottles. Picked up the JTS, VOB86, and the EW1783 in Louisville the past couple weekends while bmx racing with my son. The 2 Blanton’s, 3 W107, Wsr, and ECbp from the local Kroger over the past few weeks as well, I’m starting to figure out delivery day and now onto the two other stores within 5 mins from my work 😂 (guy in line told me how he picked up 2 Stagg jr that were just sitting on the shelf 😳 for $40/ea!!)

B88019D7-8E89-4313-9F78-6C0325FB6569.jpeg

• I like it 6

4 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Now go find the VOB 100.  I bet the big stores have it.

I love the stuff, so much that I have 5-6 bottles bunkered of it back home. I also I have a couple 90’s and a single 80 proof.  VOB 100 is one of the best values imo. Even more when I seen it on sale for like $9-10 in KY. Of course the shelves were empty. The 86 I’ve only seen once and was as tasty as the 100. For $10, how can you beat it!?

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 2

I’m still on the hunt fir the HH green label 6yr. Seems like the guys I’ve talked to all have had luck at smaller mom and pop stores rather than the big boy box stores.   My eyes are open everytime we’re in KY and I have time to run off. 

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, PaulO said:

Now go find the VOB 100.  I bet the big stores have it.

VOB was something I had never seen here in Calif.  But last year K&L got in some 86, 90 and 100 proof and I was able to get a bottle or two of each.  I wouldn't buy the 86 or 90 again but this week they have just gotten the 100 back in stock so I picked up a couple of bottles.  A great value at $15 and it's cool to have something that you don't see every day.  If you're in Calif. (they don't ship out of state) and you've been looking for this, they still have it in stock..

Shopping day today, so y’all know what that means. 😉 FWIW, they had BT at msrp but I passed on it. They did have one that caught my eye though. I hesitated because the last bottle I took a flyer on was a little less than desirable. The deciding factor was that this was a store pick, and more often than not their picks have been pretty good. So I went ahead and bit the bullet. What can I say? 😏 Gonna give ‘er one more try. 🤥

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.d15793fc8834559f975475abe16e6067.jpeg

• I like it 5

Picked up a VOB 100 1.75 big guy today. Every once in awhile a local store will get one in, and I always seem to be the one who buys it.

IMG_2205.jpg

• I like it 6

I found some of the older (big turkey head label) WT 101.  They were pushed in back.  Also finally got MM 101.  Will open that later.

• I like it 4

The gang at the LS was curious about the Kings County 7yo SiB since no one had touched it, so I offered to do the purch-and-pop. Unexpectedly nice and punchy with a distinctive Highland Single Malt Scotch barley sugar vein running through it.

A056004D-7A03-4A7E-8B86-135037F89573.thumb.jpeg.d8bb42b16242607247c0b71d56399a33.jpeg

• I like it 5

14 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

The gang at the LS was curious about the Kings County 7yo SiB since no one had touched it, so I offered to do the purch-and-pop. Unexpectedly nice and punchy with a distinctive Highland Single Malt Scotch barley sugar vein running through it.

A056004D-7A03-4A7E-8B86-135037F89573.thumb.jpeg.d8bb42b16242607247c0b71d56399a33.jpeg

7 summers old and 107.8 proof bourbon sounds good enough to be low risk.

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

56 minutes ago, Trnet said:

Quick question.. 

Today I found some Copperhead Orphan Barrel on a shelf for $138.. think it’s worth the price tag?

If its the Copper Tongue 16 Year Old Dickel....then nope.  Not to me anyway.  I tried it and almost spit it out.  Its like "super Dickel" and I hate regular Dickel.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Trnet said:

Quick question.. 

Today I found some Copperhead Orphan Barrel on a shelf for $138.. think it’s worth the price tag?

Here’s a line from an online review I read about Copper Tongue.“Unfortunately, Copper Tongue’s best feature is it’s label design-“

Joe

• I like it 1

A few bottles followed me home from KY this week.

After liking the 200ml sample well enough, I kind of wanted more, but told myself I wasn’t buying any AA90p in plastic. So of course the last place I stopped on the way out of town had glass 750’s.

🙄

10745237-6E71-4AB5-957A-FA60EDEEF65F.jpeg

• I like it 6

57 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

how is copper tongue an orphan barrel???   why not call it dickel 16?

Cuz nobody would buy it for $140

😂

• I like it 4

Buddy of mine grabbed a bottle of this New Riff for me up in Chicago, can’t get it here in South Carolina.

Pairing it with an Alec Bradley Prensado, I’ve got to say I’m really enjoying it.  It’s a little thin but has a nice little bite that’s not overpowering.  Very smooth, not too sweet but not too earthy either.  Worth $50 I think.

image.jpg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, dwightschrute said:

OWA 107 for me.  

AF15ABA7-FD4F-4F32-B30C-53E176A8A201.jpeg

A thing of beauty is a joy forever (well, at long as the bottle isn't empty).

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, DanP said:

Buddy of mine grabbed a bottle of this New Riff for me up in Chicago, can’t get it here in South Carolina.

Pairing it with an Alec Bradley Prensado, I’ve got to say I’m really enjoying it.  It’s a little thin but has a nice little bite that’s not overpowering.  Very smooth, not too sweet but not too earthy either.  Worth $50 I think.

image.jpg

Looks like it keeps really good company.

Doing a little work at the cabin today. Picked up some store picks from a local. Three of them I’m pretty sure are MGP juice. Opened the oldest one tonight ( the Mattingly 1845) and it is excellent!! 

27E6C54D-1053-4953-9F1D-2490390A250F.thumb.jpeg.be92159e14b565d3ee2937f992895671.jpeg

• I like it 2

Picked up several daily drinkers - BT, WT101, KC9 - plus a RRSiB PS, FRSiB and MM101.  Heading up to Bear Lake, Michigan early in the week to meet up with a close friend for several days so I grabbed the RRSiB and MM101 to enjoy during our visit and to leave whatever remains.  Also, plan to take up a WL12.  Good bourbon, good friends, good time.

• I like it 9

Picked up a Knob Creek 9 yr (which I guess is just KC now; it caught me by surprise after the age statement dropped). Still one of my favs for the money.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.