What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, 0895 said:

apparently I took one at some point. 😎

D27AB65C-E78D-4D79-A3F6-2437C052AA9A.jpeg

The moral of this story is "Stay away, stay far away from this Mizzou crowd!  Unless, of course, you're not driving home OR you don't have a plane to catch at O-dark-hundred the next morning!"   🥳

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

The moral of this story is "Stay away, stay far away from this Mizzou crowd!  Unless, of course, you're not driving home OR you don't have a plane to catch at O-dark-hundred the next morning!"   🥳

^^^Really good advice 😂

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

image.png.294be337ec22b15d407056ae78852f9a.png

I don't see anyone FORCING that bourbon on you. :)

That pic will never get old! :)

• I like it 6

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

image.png.294be337ec22b15d407056ae78852f9a.png

I don't see anyone FORCING that bourbon on you. :)

That pic will never get old! :)

Ha, Ha... I had not seen this before.  You have to love a man who doesn't hide his affection for bourbon in a brown paper sack.  😀

A vendor who I have a good relationship with gave me a bottle of Angel's Envy today.  This is not something I would buy for myself.  I am not normally a fan of finished whiskey.  In fact, I have only bought one bottle of AE ever and that was back when it first came out. 

Anyway, not wanting to be rude, I opened the bottle after dinner tonight, and after thanking him once again I sent him a picture of a nice pour in my glass. I enjoyed it.  It is not bad. It just not in my normal wheelhouse. 

Of course, being a gift, it is much more enjoyable than if I had popped some coin on it.  Again, I am a Cheap Bastard.  I will have another pour and then put it away for awhile.  I have several family and friends who will enjoy this bottle with me since most find what I typically enjoy to be a little too strong for their tastes.  It is a nice bottle to have around for the Holiday Season.

• I like it 6

I had a pre-dinner pour of BBC D4,  now it’s time for some of the EC grenade at 125 nice pour.

FF1E51DE-800B-4910-AE7D-EED7EDBB8C7C.jpeg

• I like it 6

After several days of no adult refreshments, a fresh pour of EW B.I.B.

I'm getting a very mellow expression of the HH house style.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A vendor who I have a good relationship with gave me a bottle of Angel's Envy today.  This is not something I would buy for myself.  I am not normally a fan of finished whiskey.  In fact, I have only bought one bottle of AE ever and that was back when it first came out. 

Anyway, not wanting to be rude, I opened the bottle after dinner tonight, and after thanking him once again I sent him a picture of a nice pour in my glass. I enjoyed it.  It is not bad. It just not in my normal wheelhouse. 

Of course, being a gift, it is much more enjoyable than if I had popped some coin on it.  Again, I am a Cheap Bastard.  I will have another pour and then put it away for awhile.  I have several family and friends who will enjoy this bottle with me since most find what I typically enjoy to be a little too strong for their tastes.  It is a nice bottle to have around for the Holiday Season.

I like finished bourbon from time to time.  I try to have at least one bottle open;  right now it's  a Woodinville finished in port casks.  I bought AE when it first came out  but have never gotten another.    Although I'm scatching my head to recall if I've ever bought a repeat bottle of a finished bourbon.    I should get another Joseph Magnus,  but the scratch has always gone elsewhere.    

• I like it 2

I'm sipping from an oddball concoction that is developing some real drinkability:

5 parts Beam's Choice,  a dusty from the seventies,  86 proof and 8 years old

3 parts David E bourbon,  from a local craft distillary and 4 years old.  

2 parts WT101

2 parts  Stranahan's Blue Peak (single malt whiskey, solera aged)

I may adjust the proportion of the Stranny's a bit,  place in a classy recycled decanter, and label it Beam's Regrettable Decision

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

I like finished bourbon from time to time.  I try to have at least one bottle open; ....

I do enjoy finished, jumped on bandwagon 12-15 year ago, but novelty has gone.  Some are quite good like Jefferson Rye Cognac finish.  Finish does lend a twist.  But recently got big kick when major scotch label released an "old fashioned" manufacture with $5 or $7 dollar premium for NOT being finished.  It's a new world and I'm left behind.

Last night at my wife's retirement party:

Ezra Brooks 15 y.o. 101 proof (See Old Ezra Report)

and then sampled a bunch of stuff with friends who were there:

KC SiB Barrel #3094 (remember that one Black Tot?)

CEHT Single Barrel

Maker's 46 "Community Batch" from the Edward Lee Initiative (best bottle of 46 I've ever tasted).

• I like it 3

A couple of guys from our local group were texting about JTS Brown. I decided to have a couple of pours of my HH BIB, and sent them the pic below. <_<

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.1bbed9d0ff0c6c965a988e2ffcb8a870.jpeg

• I like it 2

Got my hands on a bottle of Kirkland BIB 100 proof to see what the buzz was about. $29 a liter a real bargain given current pricing of most brands. Not bad at all and an excellent bang for the buck.

F6A3D38D-D3A7-4640-8605-FE2AC7060A6E.jpeg

• I like it 3

Oh my Goodness.  Tomorrow’s Friday…don’t know about y’all, but this week flew by.  I guess turkeys can indeed fly, so WT101 it is to mark the occasion.

• I like it 3

38 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Oh my Goodness.  Tomorrow’s Friday…don’t know about y’all, but this week flew by.  ...

aren't you retired??  for retirees everyday is saturday

49 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Blanton’s from the back of the cabinet,  for a change.

old one?  I've found old ones better than new ones.  old with less flavor but smooth as water.  last few I've bought seemed bit harsh.

53 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

aren't you retired??  for retirees everyday is saturday

No sir.  I’m still a workin’ man.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.