What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

MM101

Great choice.  If only it didn't come in a box.  It is a lot of work removing it from the box and then breaking the wax.

• I like it 1

in the dominican republic with the family. scored a blanton's for 60$ otd at the charlotte airport duty free on the way down. i have to say, and this is about my 4th or 5th different barrel, that it does not even come close to living up to the hype. yes it's enjoyable, but there are lots of things i prefer for less than 60$. i can't believe what people pay for this. happy thxgiving all!

• I like it 1

Started out with some Monkey Shoulder (yes, not bourbon) then followed up with some MM101.  Still confirming that I prefer bourbon.

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Great choice.  If only it didn't come in a box.  It is a lot of work removing it from the box and then breaking the wax.

Yeah,  but only once. After that, you’re left with a screw off which is easier than a cork.

• I like it 2

OESV and an Oliva masters blend while the wife is cutting up cheese, and now she will officially have nothing “stressful” to do tomorrow. Better go get her some nice wine in the morning after I pull the brisket for all her effort in making what will be another wonderful Thanksgiving. Cheers! Enjoy your families!

• I like it 4

25 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

OESV and an Oliva masters blend while the wife is cutting up cheese, and now she will officially have nothing “stressful” to do tomorrow. Better go get her some nice wine in the morning after I pull the brisket for all her effort in making what will be another wonderful Thanksgiving. Cheers! Enjoy your families!

I’ll be opening her a nice bottle (since she won’t herself) as I brain farted and forgot the stores are closed tomorrow… 

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I think that's called a first world problem...  🤪

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Joe, 

Those are really cool.  They could also be used for Christmas.  What did you use to draw the faces on the grapes?  Hopefully, not a Sharpie!  😜

We did the Grinchkabobs so we could share them with the family at Thanksgiving. The pen was a Wilton FoodWriter Edible Color Marker. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Enjoying a couple of nightcap pours of ER. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! 🦃🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, steven s said:

in the dominican republic with the family. scored a blanton's for 60$ otd at the charlotte airport duty free on the way down. i have to say, and this is about my 4th or 5th different barrel, that it does not even come close to living up to the hype. yes it's enjoyable, but there are lots of things i prefer for less than 60$. i can't believe what people pay for this. happy thxgiving all!

I felt that way before it vanished and the price went up.

• I like it 1

Did a SBS (actually many more than one) with a brand I never purchased before - Crown Royal, and a bottle I had not seen before - Ezra Brooks Distillers Collection.  The Crown Royal was bought because the mash bill intreaged me, wheat, corn and barley.  Great sweet nose, light bodied and a delightful no burn 90 proof.  The youth was well hidden.  The Ezra, classic, 107 proof, very well made, balanced and a repeat buy.  While I am glad I have the Crown Royal, at $70 a pop, it won't become an every day sipper.  At $35, the Ezra will definatly have company in the bunker.

Happy thanksgiving all.

1124211544.jpg

• I like it 2

Actually, being programmed by SB is akin to velvet shackles!!!

You guys have me believing that the holidays are meant for ryes.

Started with WP10, Bulleit Rye, then Willet 4yr & just enough eggnog. (sorta like cream in coffee instead of opposite)

The Willet wins but all good...

Happy Thanksgiving & a safe, wonderful Holiday Season to all!!!

• I like it 2

Forgot I had this. Broke it out to allow some family to try something different but ultimately I just wanted to get rid of it.

4DC7CA7A-398D-4498-9BFC-8285F3DBA862.jpeg

• I like it 3

Happy Turkey day. Wife made a pecan pie with some Smooth Ambler I had and a apple cake with some over proofed Hampden from Stolen.  

ABA9788E-6ACB-471B-9A92-E3283B0747DB.jpeg

244C1DBD-D66F-41AF-9B77-8B0569FCB1A7.jpeg

• I like it 6

Having some of that Curaçao barrel finished Parker’s with the above.  Wouldn’t rebuy but it’s an ok dessert companion.

B386D06E-EE83-46CA-8FD2-456BDF29DF4B.jpeg

• I like it 4

At my nephew’s for Thanksgiving yesterday he poured me a glass of Noah’s Mill. I had only had it one other time, very tasty. 

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Having some of that Curaçao barrel finished Parker’s with the above.  Wouldn’t rebuy but it’s an ok dessert companion.

B386D06E-EE83-46CA-8FD2-456BDF29DF4B.jpeg

The PHC makes an outstanding Old Fashioned, if you are inclined to them.

20 minutes ago, markandrex said:

The PHC makes an outstanding Old Fashioned, if you are inclined to them.

That makes a lot of sense, yeah I think I’ll give this a try, thanks.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving get together at my niece /@Galvin0791house yesterday. This years gathering was even more meaningful since we couldn’t get together last year. Great family, great food, fun and games(🙄) and a couple of very nice pours. I brought a BT Bourbon Cream to share with everyone, and Mike shared pours of a ps BT and a LotB with me. (We’re the only bourbon drinkers.😉) A good time was had by all. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.