Jump to content

What bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2021)


CreepFactor10
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It looks like luck was with me this year. My name was drawn for a lottery of Pappy/BTAC. Ya’all can probably guess what I picked. 😁 FWIW, it seems I get my name drawn every other year. I got a 2019 WLW two years ago. Last year I got one, but not in a lottery. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. As I’ve often said, “Every once in a while.” 
 

Biba! Joe

 

image.thumb.jpeg.5dcaf554379fb4291cd7ff158350aa17.jpeg

The folks at Saz should just ship a bottle of WLW directly to you every year. Surely someone there knows of your well documented Weller Whoredom!! 

  • I like it 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t purchase it but someone gifted it to me.  I’ve only had one other bottle of theirs and for a young bourbon it was good.  I look forward to enjoying this and appreciate the gift.  

D7762214-490D-41F7-AF47-2F94F58B0071.jpeg

9050FE72-573E-455E-9AB2-744437F3ABAC.jpeg

  • I like it 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I added one more bottle after dinner.  We went out for Mexican to support a local who had one of their locations trashed.
 I stopped by a LS that is about 200 yards from the hardest hit area in town.  You can actually see where the neighborhood was from their parking lot.  They had some minor roof damage but nothing serious, amazing.

I was talking to the owner about clean-up and he walked into the back.  He came out with this, no charge, he insisted.

 

EF174C6C-47AA-4AB6-B28D-F74E0F497711.jpeg

  • I like it 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I added one more bottle after dinner.  We went out for Mexican to support a local who had one of their locations trashed.
 I stopped by a LS that is about 200 yards from the hardest hit area in town.  You can actually see where the neighborhood was from their parking lot.  They had some minor roof damage but nothing serious, amazing.

I was talking to the owner about clean-up and he walked into the back.  He came out with this, no charge, he insisted.

 

EF174C6C-47AA-4AB6-B28D-F74E0F497711.jpeg

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!

Good deeds deserve the best and you my friend are deserving...

  • I like it 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I look at my current actions as“ a great many back payments” to quote Ebenezer Scrooge.

  • I like it 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

The folks at Saz should just ship a bottle of WLW directly to you every year. Surely someone there knows of your well documented Weller Whoredom!! 


Thanks JC. 🤔

 

 I have a pretty good relationship with the folks at BT. (At least I think I do.:unsure:) I’m pretty sure at least a couple of ‘em there know of my fondness for Blanton’s, BT, ER, and all things Weller.  ;) 
 

Biba! Joe
 

 

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ThomasGazelle said:

I didn’t purchase it but someone gifted it to me.  I’ve only had one other bottle of theirs and for a young bourbon it was good.  I look forward to enjoying this and appreciate the gift.  

D7762214-490D-41F7-AF47-2F94F58B0071.jpeg

9050FE72-573E-455E-9AB2-744437F3ABAC.jpeg

 

I would be more than happy to get one of those as a gift.  I have had several bottles and enjoyed every one of them.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:


Thanks JC. 🤔

 

 I have a pretty good relationship with the folks at BT. (At least I think I do.:unsure:) I’m pretty sure at least a couple of ‘em there know of my fondness for Blanton’s, BT, ER, and all things Weller.  ;) 
 

Biba! Joe
 

 

 

They were bottling Blanton's last time I was there.  However, they had several cases of WLW in the same room.  Freddie told us none of those would be going home with us that day.

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everytime i give an ETL or W12 away a new one appears. This one appeared Tuesday.  The PH11 was sitting right there on the shelf tonight.. nearly crapped my pants. 

9FC76EE6-40BD-4AD7-BB88-0F8C8BDF358E.jpeg

  • I like it 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Everytime i give an ETL or W12 away a new one appears. This one appeared Tuesday.  The PH11 was sitting right there on the shelf tonight.. nearly crapped my pants. 

9FC76EE6-40BD-4AD7-BB88-0F8C8BDF358E.jpeg

You are on fire this year my friend!  

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must be doing something right. 🤔 My wife got me an early Xmas present today. 🎅
 

Biba! Joe

 

image.thumb.jpeg.e2f646f6d025a41b27f22ecdca825255.jpeg

  • I like it 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been waiting on this one! I open all the special accumulations of the past year for Christmas with the S-I-L and the grabs have been very sparse this year. So far all I have to offer is a RR13, waiting since September. We opened the Remus IV for Halloween and I needed at least a deuce to feel worthy...

This should round it out nicely...

58950400_ofsib.thumb.jpg.3a51a2a602ae01e3ac0709ebb09e5aca.jpg

 

  • I like it 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Been waiting on this one! I open all the special accumulations of the past year for Christmas with the S-I-L and the grabs have been very sparse this year. So far all I have to offer is a RR13, waiting since September. We opened the Remus IV for Halloween and I needed at least a deuce to feel worthy...

This should round it out nicely...

 

 


Nice pick up Red. 👍  I still have yet to see a bottle of OFSB BP in the wild.  🤬

 

Biba! Joe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:


Nice pick up Red. 👍  I still have yet to see a bottle of OFSB BP in the wild.  🤬

 

Biba! Joe

This is a first for me, although the 100 proof SiB last year was stellar.

I have to say that I have kinda' become an OF Whore because being a Weller Whore is next to impossible in this part of the world, not to mention, that side of the street is already taken by someone I sorta' know... 😜👍

  • I like it 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I must be doing something right. 🤔 My wife got me an early Xmas present today. 🎅
 

Biba! Joe

 

image.thumb.jpeg.e2f646f6d025a41b27f22ecdca825255.jpeg

 

It's a trap.  Don't fall for it.  Hopefully, you didn't buy her a vacuum cleaner.  If so, there is still time to take it back. 

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

This is a first for me, although the 100 proof SiB last year was stellar.

I have to say that I have kinda' become an OF Whore because being a Weller Whore is next to impossible in this part of the world, not to mention, that side of the street is already taken by someone I sorta' know... 😜👍

Cheers to ya’ pal!

 

Biba! Joe


image.png.50d857367298ff8a1cac50fc099b3cc6.png

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, markandrex said:

You are on fire this year my friend!  

I am getting very lucky. Youre not doin too bad yourself (per usual!)

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I must be doing something right. 🤔 My wife got me an early Xmas present today. 🎅
 

Biba! Joe

 

image.thumb.jpeg.e2f646f6d025a41b27f22ecdca825255.jpeg

Lookin at that cypb back behind it. Finally got to try the 2021.. that is some very good stuff. 

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hit one of my favorite ABC stores, while traveling through Va. $128 for everything. I've never had the OFBIB. 

20211217_125452.jpg

  • I like it 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marekv8 said:

I was already out of room, but couldn't pass it up…

 

IMG_7310.thumb.jpg.825751f657fef1f4f3a306626205fddf.jpg

Nice score!

has anyone tried this year's version yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

I was already out of room, but couldn't pass it up…

 

IMG_7310.thumb.jpg.825751f657fef1f4f3a306626205fddf.jpg

Out of room???  Oh, that won’t do. Maybe we can take up a collection or set up a go fund me page for you to add an addition to your storage? 😉🤔 I want to continue to be able to live vicariously through your purchase posts.

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Out of room???  Oh, that won’t do. Maybe we can take up a collection or set up a go fund me page for you to add an addition to your storage? 😉🤔 I want to continue to be able to live vicariously through your purchase posts.

LMFAO! 
 

For s**ts and giggles, just how many hundreds of square feet is your bottle warehouse M? 😂

 

Biba! Joe

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

LMFAO! 
 

For s**ts and giggles, just how many hundreds of square feet is your bottle warehouse M? 😂

 

Biba! Joe


15 x 20 feet, with a sink, dishwasher and full bar— so it’s tight. 

  • I like it 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

apologies for bad pic.  I used to be serious amateur photo guy, time to return to it.  the alberta is most recent release in their cask series, release #3 ? which rumor says is a good one.  I'm excited by the JD at +140 proof and looking forward to sampling  

 

1258717010_DSCN8702(2).thumb.JPG.5c7a55fe9ab55ab87e9825b556ed1fac.JPG

  • I like it 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.