Cocktail Hour—2022

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

30 minutes ago, GaryT said:

My best approximation of a cocktail I had in Glasgow in 2016:

1.5 oz bacon-infused bourbon (can't recall what I used for this)
1.5 oz bourbon (HH6BIB from the fridge)

1 oz agave syrup

1 oz lemon juice

1 egg white

Shaken with ice vigorously for 30 seconds then strained in a glass.  I had made some bacon-infused bourbon years ago, but then didn't know what to do with it - and while on vacation with the wifey we stopped at a bar in Glasgow that had bacon infused bourbon (not Scotch!) and a cocktail made for it.  I tried it and liked it, so decided that is where the rest of my bacon-infused bourbon was destined for.  Liked it enough back home that I've continued to make bacon-infused bourbon, really just for this recipe (although if folks have other cocktails they enjoy with that, I'd love to hear about them!)

Hope you have a great New Year Phil and we see you in April!!

Love it, thanks Gary!! See you soon!!

Prost!!  Phil 

First cocktail of 23. Barrel aged bulleit old fashioned. Excellent! Unfair screenshot it’s still early! 

69E83D13-ACC2-4B6D-96AF-12D9819D67CB.jpeg

• I like it 1

Fun with Green Charteuese cocktails. 

Last word (.75 oz suntory roku gin, .75 oz green chartreuse, .75 oz maraska maraschino cherry liqueur, .75 lime juice, cocktail cherry garnish)

Bijou (1.25oz suntory roku gin, .75 carpano antica sweet vermouth, .5 oz green chartreuse, dash Orange bitters, cocktail cherry garnish)

A9FB7379-C0DD-41DD-B5D9-602905219AAD.jpeg

45DF433E-C6E8-46E4-9AC0-4A95C602163B.jpeg

Nice week, though some snow flurries are intermittently flying through the air this afternoon here, down in the Deep South…End of the week cocktail is a Vesper with some muddled Vietnamese Chanh Muoi pickled lime.  Lovin’ it.  These pickled limes are meant for gin.  They are so complementary, and bring on a whole new dimension to gin cocktails.  They’re weird, but boy do they add some interesting flavor.  
Now, what to call this cocktail concoction… Charlie Vesper?  🤪

B69B0D52-2983-42F9-B95E-53285D82265B.jpeg

• I like it 1

The blood oranges have reappeared at the grocery, so couldn’t wait to get them home and fix up a negroni.  

22B597DD-15CA-44E9-A630-E641E1E7BCA2.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.