What's the most that you've paid for a bottle?

Skinsfan1311

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

I feel your pain.  I passed on a backup Booker's 25th at bevmo because it was $130, 30% over msrp.  I had just recently bought one for $100.  That was in 2014, I think..

Booker's 25th!  One of the best ever, if you ask me. I wasn't lucky enough to own a bottle, but I had pours of that at bars. Probably the best Beam distillled bourbon I've ever tasted personally.

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...

Alright, gotta come clean and update my input here.  Recently bought a RR13 for a hair over 2x MSRP...my first time breaking the $300 barrier on a bottle...no regrets either...been hunting this one for a while and it became crystal clear I wasn't gonna score one for MSRP. 

• I like it 2

SO my wife surprised me for Christmas in 2020 with a bottle of PVW15.   Not going to tell you what she (I) paid for it except to say that it was my entire Christmas that year (I did recently check and that bottle has almost doubled in price since then).  The only bonus was the only place she could locate it was at the Beverly Hills liquor store and ti was the last bottle they had of PVW.  

Every time I take a sip of it, I smile knowing that some movie industry tater did not get his PVW for Christmas that year.  I  have really enjoyed that bottle. (and yes, I do drink it on occasion.  As I have said in the past, I have no trophy bottles, bourbon was made to drink)

• I like it 9

16 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

SO my wife surprised me for Christmas in 2020 with a bottle of PVW15.   Not going to tell you what she (I) paid for it except to say that it was my entire Christmas that year (I did recently check and that bottle has almost doubled in price since then).  The only bonus was the only place she could locate it was at the Beverly Hills liquor store and ti was the last bottle they had of PVW.  

Every time I take a sip of it, I smile knowing that some movie industry tater did not get his PVW for Christmas that year.  I  have really enjoyed that bottle. (and yes, I do drink it on occasion.  As I have said in the past, I have no trophy bottles, bourbon was made to drink)

My wife did the same thing for me in 2019 except that it was milestone birthday gift.  I didn't ask her what she paid for it (we keep our money separate so it didn't come out of my pocket) but I'm guessing it was around $1200.  And, yes, it would cost more than twice that today.  That bottle comes out for celebrations and special occasions and it's down to the last third.  I'll miss it when it's gone but I'm glad to have experienced it; but I'm mostly glad to have such a generous and loving wife. 

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, fosmith said:

My wife did the same thing for me in 2019 except that it was milestone birthday gift.  I didn't ask her what she paid for it (we keep our money separate so it didn't come out of my pocket) but I'm guessing it was around $1200.  And, yes, it would cost more than twice that today.  That bottle comes out for celebrations and special occasions and it's down to the last third.  I'll miss it when it's gone but I'm glad to have experienced it; but I'm mostly glad to have such a generous and loving wife. 

My wife lets me live!  🤣

• I like it 3

32 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

My wife lets me live!  🤣

And mine does the same and reminds me of that frequently!

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

my wife tolerates my existence. Some days better than others.

I’m gonna have to remember that one Jeff. 😬

• I like it 1

feel free to use my other retort.  I had someone criticize me once and my response was "I have been called worse by better than you."

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

for better AND for worse, I just paid more $ than ever for a bottle. $325 for a RR single rickhouse CNF.

• I like it 3

• 3 weeks later...

Struck out on both lotteries I entered. There aren't that many around me for us mere mortals to obtain allocated bottles.  Most LEs in my area never see the light of day and mysteriously find their way to other more connected customers through some unknown secret society. Anything left over is marked up 10x.

I did get the FRsmBLE from my go to LS, so I guess I live on the fringe of the secret society, a small consolation I guess. 

• I like it 5

• 1 month later...

Like Steven S I just dropped 299 plus tax on the Camp Nelson F. 
It’s truly delicious. Pricey but worth it to me. I’ve been not buying much but drinking from the Bunker for several years. This Turkey rivals any in my top five. Maybe even top 3. 

Cheers

RW

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...

I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 for a bottle of Booker's quite a while back. It was good, but I wouldn't do it again for that price. I've paid more for Scotch, but those days are over...lol.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys
An interesting story unfolded, and now I have acquired this set.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come with Fabergé egg and watch, but hey, I didn't buy it for 2.5 million USD 🙃

20240330_141820.jpg

Edited by Stan_FL