Empty Bottle Suport Group 2024

Harry in WashDC

On 4/7/2024 at 11:42 PM, Kepler said:

Is it just me or does that CEHT Rye not like empty?  Maybe it's just the lighting?

But good work on some great bottles.

I wish it were not empty!  Gonna try and trade a stagg jr for another. 

52 minutes ago, markandrex said:

image0.jpeg

Just, Damn!!!

21 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

For the bin.

IMG_5785.jpeg

Hitting for the cycle!!!

• I like it 1

I will not miss this one...it was okay but not worth a repeat buy....

20240412_203523.jpg

Rapidly turning into one of my favorites! This is on my list for the next time I go shopping. Everything I like and nothing of what I don’t.

IMG_0820.jpeg

• I like it 4

Such a fantastic pour.

Not for everyone though.

This half bottle was given to me by a buddy who was tired of it.

The wife didn’t care for it either, saying it’s too woody.

Oh well.  I enjoyed it!

IMG_8610.jpeg

• I like it 8

13 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Such a fantastic pour.

Not for everyone though.

Oh well.  I enjoyed it!

Smart strategy (pro tip), ... make friends with buddies who have bad taste in whiskey! 😉😁😜

• I like it 7

20 hours ago, 0895 said:

Such a fantastic pour.

Not for everyone though.

Oh well.  I enjoyed it!

IMG_8610.jpeg

I really like this bottle. 

• I like it 4

Finished off a couple of basic oldies but goodies.

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.60b199688718b6080f9e797c85714e85.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.623f82ebfdd98208c4b8dd5f69fe63e8.jpeg

• I like it 9

On 4/13/2024 at 5:11 PM, RT Fan said:

Rapidly turning into one of my favorites! This is on my list for the next time I go shopping. Everything I like and nothing of what I don’t.

IMG_0820.jpeg

Do you like Woodford Double Oak?

I found it interesting that the descriptions of 1910 and WRDO are very similar, both are B-F products, and yet they taste a bit different when compared sbs.

• I like it 2

Two more harvests in my bunker beatdown. Too lazy (under the influence) to post either in the proper forum; apologies. 

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.e71ebf76aa27197e98c419f469700e0d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6d22f412a92325a4fc5aead74f7a22bb.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/15/2024 at 1:51 AM, 0895 said:

Do you like Woodford Double Oak?

I found it interesting that the descriptions of 1910 and WRDO are very similar, both are B-F products, and yet they taste a bit different when compared sbs.

Haven’t traveled down that road as of yet. In general I have been avoiding  “ double oak” “groovy oak stave” bottlings. Don’t want to stray too far off the path of what I enjoy. I am afraid the bourbon bottlers will follow the path to perdition that certain single malt scotch and Irish distillers have traveled, i.e. screwing with what made them successful in the place.  I am a firm believer in the “KISS” theory of things, Keep It Simple Stupid!.

1 hour ago, RT Fan said:

Haven’t traveled down that road as of yet. In general I have been avoiding  “ double oak” “groovy oak stave” bottlings. Don’t want to stray too far off the path of what I enjoy. I am afraid the bourbon bottlers will follow the path to perdition that certain single malt scotch and Irish distillers have traveled, i.e. screwing with what made them successful in the place.  I am a firm believer in the “KISS” theory of things, Keep It Simple Stupid!.

I hear ya. But the Old Forester 1910 that you liked is double oaked and made by the same people as Woodford Double Oak (Brown-Forman).  If you like the 1910 you might want to give WRDO a shot too if you find one at a good price... just an idea. 

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, RT Fan said:

Exactly as @Kepler mentioned.

I tried them sbs and found that I liked the Woodford a hair better and it could be found approximately $5 cheaper here.

• I like it 3

On 4/21/2024 at 11:38 PM, Kepler said:

I hear ya. But the Old Forester 1910 that you liked is double oaked and made by the same people as Woodford Double Oak (Brown-Forman).  If you like the 1910 you might want to give WRDO a shot too if you find one at a good price... just an idea. 

I used to not care for either not long ago. But ah, the fickle (developing) palate. I think they are two of the best priced bottles out there. My goal: To see if I can tell the difference blind. Chocolate, mmmm.

Spring cleaning?  🤔 Tidying up a bit because we have a company coming over in the morning to give us an estimate on new windows for our house. When it came to my bourbon/computer room, I decided to clean house a bit. I’d been holding on to a couple of bottles for sentimental reasons. I’d also saved a couple for blending, and a couple more for freezer bottles. Pffffffffft. Gone. The second picture is a last minute substitute. I guessed correctly that the remnants of the 750 ml of my Weller Blend would fit in the empty 200 ml Dant. Also and FWIW, we no longer have a big blue bin for recycling. The city saw fit to provide all new trash and recycle bins. So, now  it’s out to the big brown bin. Gonna skip “with the yellow top” after this. New garbage and recycle bins in the third pic. 

IMG_4264.thumb.jpeg.afc6be8bbb6f67956d1c9a845a37863d.jpegIMG_4270.thumb.jpeg.cffe6c4831da2055546c0fe5001437a7.jpegIMG_4119.thumb.jpeg.ae8cb0cbc4de8572113fcb2eaa858edc.jpeg

• I like it 5

Well, speaking of Weller and MM, I finished off a couple recently. Smooth bourbon.

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.9f0e9cf46977a1bc2c15dfd25e7ab46e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7a5b983505397dc864f1dc3755d36625.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 4/21/2024 at 8:51 PM, RT Fan said:

Another one bites the dust:

IMG_0822.jpeg

Did Ya get Barbara Eden to finally come out of that thing?  

• I like it 2

On 4/23/2024 at 10:24 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

Well, speaking of Weller and MM, I finished off a couple recently. Smooth bourbon.

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.9f0e9cf46977a1bc2c15dfd25e7ab46e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7a5b983505397dc864f1dc3755d36625.jpeg

Ah, the old Weller 12 bottle.  I need to open one soon but I have somewhat of a hard time bringing myself to open one because they just seem so special to me...but they taste so good!

• I like it 3