Empty Bottle Suport Group 2024

Harry in WashDC

As predicted last night, this one emptied after doing some vacuuming today.  

image0.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

As predicted last night, this one emptied after doing some vacuuming today.  

image0.jpeg

Well, that sucks. (couldn't resist)

• I like it 2

Clearing out the cabinet as for me, bourbon season is coming to a close. I know, heresy for some of you but i don’t drink a lot of whiskey once the temps get north of 70. Good thing it only hit 60 today.

IMG_0834.jpeg

• I like it 1

I found this bottle, on a hot Oklahoma August day,  while on a dusty hunt, many years ago in OKC.  

This bottle proves, a great whiskey doesn’t require to be high in proof. In fact, lower proofing exposes a whiskey’s insufficiencies.  This whiskey was well crafted by Mr. Parker Beam. 

I will miss this exceptional bourbon.  I’m glad I have the memory of finding this bottle in a tiny store, owned & operated by a mom  and her daughter. 
True Americana. 

Cheers. 

4B9947AF-4DD8-4DC4-ABAD-EA31442F9D81.jpeg

• I like it 5

19 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I found this bottle, on a hot Oklahoma August day,  while on a dusty hunt, many years ago in OKC.  

This bottle proves, a great whiskey doesn’t require to be high in proof. In fact, lower proofing exposes a whiskey’s insufficiencies.  This whiskey was well crafted by Mr. Parker Beam. 

I will miss this exceptional bourbon.  I’m glad I have the memory of finding this bottle in a tiny store, owned & operated by a mom  and her daughter. 
True Americana. 

Cheers. 

4B9947AF-4DD8-4DC4-ABAD-EA31442F9D81.jpeg

I agree with you. Not only that, but while working in OKC from 2010 into 2014 I came across a number of EWSB from 1999 through 2002, of which I still have 6 or 7. 

Pat

This has been a very nice bottle of whiskey.  Everything I look for in the Beam profile, plus the healthy proof.  I’m pretty sure I can count on one hand how many Booker’s I’ve purchased over the years, but my next bottle will come in a much shorter time than any two of the preceding. 😋

IMG_5151.jpeg

• I like it 2

I killed off the apple brandy with a jack rose. I tried lime juice instead of lemon and I decided the lemon is better.

The glenrothes bottle actually had the last of my handle of old Fitz BIB that a friend picked up for me as a housewarming gift right before COVID. RIP Tom.

20240506_210659.jpg

Adios. This was a very good bottle. 

20240507_200026.jpg

• I like it 5

At least the final pour is a healthy one...

OWA.thumb.jpg.3f851e2f6c64366a256d2daa83c32083.jpg

• I like it 8

Faits accomplis. 

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.97beec1151b0a1aae92c3ced3351d178.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, bayouredd said:

At least the final pour is a healthy one...

OWA.thumb.jpg.3f851e2f6c64366a256d2daa83c32083.jpg

There's nothing healthy about that! :)

• I like it 1

Forget pic. 🤷‍♂️  A HH 7  BIB was deposited in the big brown bin. A bottle of MM was also emptied, but it was refilled from a handle in the cabinet. Said handle might be gone in the near future. 

• I like it 2

On 5/8/2024 at 8:06 PM, Clueby said:

There's nothing healthy about that! :)

Are you sure? I know it doesn't have the vitamins of a Dickel, but come on, corn and wheat are almost a vegan's dreams...😁

• I like it 1

On 5/3/2024 at 5:59 PM, RT Fan said:

Clearing out the cabinet as for me, bourbon season is coming to a close. I know, heresy for some of you but i don’t drink a lot of whiskey once the temps get north of 70. Good thing it only hit 60 today.

Not so strange. I kind of do that in opposite fashion. I drink no beer as the fall cuts in. Fall in the air brings in the brown liquor...

This is a very limited bottle but it was amazing. Wish I had a dozen of them.  
IMG_7419.thumb.jpeg.3ab613ebf6e290aa2ad445e5d8f3e458.jpeg

• I like it 2

Posted (edited)

Recent empties.  I would buy the two on the right again, but not the one on the left.

I was quite disappointed in the standard Frey Ranch bourbon after being very impressed with a private barrel pick shared with me by a generous fellow SBer.  Just goes to show the potential difference between a hand-picked single barrel and a generally-produced small batch product. 

I'm a fan of the Sagamore BiB Rye and the New Riff SiB bourbon.  Will buy both of those again (and have already).

20240422_181037.thumb.jpg.ef038eb80d671ae0ab91a77e4e313cee.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

On 5/5/2024 at 8:27 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

I agree with you. Not only that, but while working in OKC from 2010 into 2014 I came across a number of EWSB from 1999 through 2002, of which I still have 6 or 7. 

Pat

Oh man, what finds those were. Now, I know why I didn’t find more of those older EWSiB, back then. I’m glad they found a good home with you. 😀👍

Cheers

21 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Oh man, what finds those were. Now, I know why I didn’t find more of those older EWSiB, back then. I’m glad they found a good home with you. 😀👍

Cheers

Haha, thanks bud.

Pat

Finished off one that I had not touched in a while, and boy was it good to the last drop. A Sarah bottle to boot.

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.c24b8aa4d039e78d59be61d31e91a413.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7f0cba61f2bc33c27f649ab697b20ab2.jpeg

• I like it 1