What bourbon are you drinking this Spring - 2024

markandrex

Easing my palate back in with a MM.

• I like it 6

A bit of  Redwood Empire pipe dream and if that wasn't enough to usher in a new week, a splash of WT 101 rye. Both a very nice start to what will be a very busy week.

An EH Taylor 10 year single barrel.  Pretty, pretty good. 

IMG_2079.jpeg

• I like it 7

Harry in DC's post made think "Haven't tried it in awhile, think I should". So here's today's first ounce of two (back on the weekday wagon).

BT.jpg

• I like it 7

I've heard the BT SP's (this one is Liquor Lineup) are significantly better than the regular. Just opened the bottle, so probably not a perfect parallel comparison. The 2nd ounce.

BT SP.jpg

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 2

RRSBSP after dinner pour.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

I've heard the BT SP's (this one is Liquor Lineup) are significantly better than the regular. Just opened the bottle, so probably not a perfect parallel comparison. The 2nd ounce.

BT SP.jpg

They are not…BTW…

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

They are not…BTW…

I could not discern much difference. Granted, my palate is still a work in progress. I figured once the Wifey is back she could pour a few blinds.

Haven't had BT in awhile. Pleasant. Sweet, light, respectable amount of flavor. Tasted a little young, not very complex, a little something on the back palate that was rough. Super sippable.

I prefer my bougie bottles. But if I were stuck with basic BT as the only bottle I could drink for life? Why, I'd enjoy it and be grateful. It's good, especially for the price.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

BT SP.jpg

image.jpeg.8bfd74359c429e5c20a34162cd6efb20.jpeg

• I like it 3

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

image.jpeg.8bfd74359c429e5c20a34162cd6efb20.jpeg

Damn. You did it. You actually did it.

I think I need a drink.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

BT SP.jpg

The recent half dozen basic BTs I bought over the last year are MUCH better and smoother and complex than those from a few years ago when they were rare.  Keeping to that 6 or so years in the barrel does make a difference to us geeks.  I am envious of the store picks although as I jus t said the recent basic BTs do match the 2010 BT I used to dream about.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
added nd to the a before complex; wife’s anal tendencies are getting to me.
  • I like it 2

Some Makers Mark 101 tonight. Good Juice.

• I like it 8

Regular MM here, haven't had it for a while - nice.

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The recent half dozen basic BTs I bought over the last year are MUCH better and smoother and complex than those from a few years ago when they were rare.

Hmmm. The ones I had yesterday were from about 14 months ago. I might get one now and compare.

As always, thank you. I enjoy & learn from your posts.

• I like it 1

First ounce, newly opened Nulu DO. Their stuff is really, really good...or not. Thankfully I've made a few friends with excellent Nulu radar. This DO...it's really good, even from the neck pour.

Second ounce, that Michigan Catchers Rye (no pic) that Faster Horses found. Good stuff.

Happy day.

Nulu DO.jpg

• I like it 2

Some Bookers this evening.

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The recent half dozen basic BTs I bought over the last year are MUCH better and smoother and complex than those from a few years ago when they were rare.  Keeping to that 6 or so years in the barrel does make a difference to us geeks.  I am envious of the store picks although as I jus t said the recent basic BTs do match the 2010 BT I used to dream about.

Interesting as I enjoyed my first few BTs  and 2010 is the correct era, it took several years to revisit and when I did, it wasn’t nearly as enjoyable. I just figured it was my changing tastes but I would much prefer that it be supply constraint issues impacting the flavor profile because I would love to enjoy some BT to same degree I did back then.

• I like it 3

after dealing with some headaches after work I decided to go straight to the heavy hitter proof to calm the stress.

20240327_200227.jpg

• I like it 6

13 hours ago, Anwalt said:

First ounce, newly opened Nulu DO. Their stuff is really, really good...or not. Thankfully I've made a few friends with excellent Nulu radar. This DO...it's really good, even from the neck pour.

Second ounce, that Michigan Catchers Rye (no pic) that Faster Horses found. Good stuff.

Happy day.

Nulu DO.jpg

Joined for a pour of the same (wonder how I got that bottle), really good stuff indeed!

• I like it 2

Nothing, Yet...

Gave up bourbon for Lent; also SB since it brings on the desire. I think I'll crack a Blanton's Gold for Easter. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, can't wait...

Cheers All!!!

• I like it 7

A couple of pours of MM last night. 👋

• I like it 4

WTMK Unforgotten. Celebrating that friends found one for $210 in Australia.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

WTMK Unforgotten. Celebrating that friends found one for $210 in Australia.

Your reach is truly global, my friend!

• I like it 1

I thought I had finished this bottle, but just found it hiding behind some other bottles I hadn't moved in a while.

20240328_201512.jpg

• I like it 3