What bourbon are you drinking this Spring - 2024

markandrex

Monday end of day decompression with WT101 on a clear cube.  Two sips in, and I’m chill.  

• I like it 4

MM BU 1-3 this evening.

• I like it 4

last night was just a pour each of Woodford and EW bib

• I like it 2

Bulliet 10.......................................  WTH!!!!

Grabbed this today and opened, 1st time in awhile. This is by far the darkest one of these I have ever opened. Quite tasty with a discernable oak on the palate and a medium-long finish. Legs in the glass are every bit as long as Mary P from high school. (🤩 -flashback )  This is not at all what I was expecting, but very welcome... 😋👍

Bulliet10.jpg.3b0202c0cd791aa917c8ad5acc362b85.jpg

Picture does it no justice...

• I like it 8

WT101 while wathcing the Utah-ISU NIT Final Four game.  Cream Abdul Jabbar, Milk Chamberlain, Larry Nerd aka Robbie Avila is fun to watch.  Lots of friends went to ISU.  They should have been in the NCAA tournament. 

• I like it 1

I'm having Maker's 46.  It's good but not wow over regular MM (which I also like).

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

I'm having Maker's 46.  It's good but not wow over regular MM (which I also like).

Not drinking tonight…😏 But, I’m with you about MM 46 @PaulO. I used to like it more, but when they came out with MM 101, it kinda fell by the wayside with me. The last partial bottle of MM 46 I had, I did a blend with MM and MM 101. It was okay, but not as good as my HH BIB Blend, and certainly not as good as my Weller Blend. 😉

• I like it 6

United flight, Denver to San Juan. BT. They are not stingy on the pours!

Funny thing. They brought another. More than I should have had in such rapid succession. It bugged me to see it dumped and I said so. Guy next to me chimed in with "I got this".

Good, clean fun.

Had another half pour before landing, quite, umm, "pleased".

Cheap date.

BT United.jpg

• I like it 7

Some Stagg b15 this evening.  The storms yesterday were pretty intense.  We had a lightning strike near the house that fried the cable/internet multi-switch on the back of the house taking us off line for 24 hours.  So, cheers!🥃

• I like it 6

MM tonight, followed by MM 101.  MMMM MMMM  good!  

• I like it 5

4R OBSF one of my favorites.

• I like it 2

These 15 to 17 year old Beam bottles are growing on me. Remarkably, they are not over-oaked. Thanks to You Who Recommended Them To Me! Spot on.

JW.jpg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

These 15 to 17 year old Beam bottles are growing on me. Remarkably, they are not over-oaked. Thanks to You Who Recommended Them To Me! Spot on.

JW.jpg

i think that's supposed to be the good 'un. Looked for it to no avail. Tip one for me...

-----

Started the evening with a George Remus & a batch of oysters rockefeller from the grill. After the feast switched to a VOB90 freezer pour or maybe two. I think I'll go with a third for desert...

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

JW.jpg

Great pic.

I've missed out on these.  I've seen them as Saturday morning "tater camp out" items and in small shops at heavy markups, ... but my local store has not come through for me on these.  The reviews sound great. 

• I like it 2

Started with MMCS 23-04 followed by Hard Truth Sweet Mash Small Batch Bourbon.  MMCS is solid at 112 proof but the Hard Truth is holding its own at 93 proof.  New puppy is farting.  I am going to need another pour to deadened my olfactory senses and to prepare for the Iowa-UConn game. 

• I like it 2

Earlier, I was enjoying WTRBR.  A very enjoyable rye.
I had an urge for bourbon, since I have been in The House of Russell, I decided to have a pour of RRSRH CNF. 

This bottle was a Christmas gift from my Brother (he is so generous, right?) Anyway,  have had a couple of pours from this bottle since Christmas, so it has had some air.  Tonight…….Yooowza!  Everything, I want from Wild Turkey,  balance, sweetness, spice and an aged oak framework that ties it all together. 
Not to mention  the cola notes, almost cherry coke (like WTMK 17yr 1st release comes to mind ) but so much more. This really hits me like early 90’s WT101.  Amazing.  Thanks to my Brother for this gift and thanks to the Russell’s for creating this whiskey. 

Cheers 

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Clarification
  • I like it 5

Weller 12, Doc Swinson, MM BEP. It was a good Friday!!!!

• I like it 4

Starting with a WT101 while watching the Charleston Open. Thinking about the next pour... maybe a ECBP A 124. 

• I like it 2

Light & sippy start to the early evening.

Yes, %22Smooth%22.jpg

• I like it 5

W12 > ER10, no contest. Way more flavor. Got a bit of pine on the ER10 finish, did not like that. Huh.

W12 made want more wheat. I even got the glass right.

Opened up considerably compared to neck pour. I do not normally associate "nice finish" with "wheat", I do on this one. Oak is light but definitely present. Something a little creamy and viscous in there in spite of the proof. Kentucky chew brings out something nice & nutty. Cashews maybe? Slightly toasted "something"?

I need to try this next to OWA.

OF10.jpg

• I like it 3

Dr. Frank with the prescription: GW4G...

iwh.thumb.jpg.08c038acde8ea5891f6d36bba75ad764.jpg

• I like it 3

Just excellent. Especially for $65. Thanks to Faster Horses for introducing me to this one. Intense, lots of flavor, drinks remarkably well for its proof.

Dry Fly.jpg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Light & sippy start to the early evening.

Yes, %22Smooth%22.jpg

Might as well drink to drown your sorrows since THE oHIO sTATE University got knocked out the the N...I....T... 😮😀

Actually, two nice bottles.  I prefer W12 as well. 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

W12 made want more wheat. I even got the glass right.

Opened up considerably compared to neck pour. I do not normally associate "nice finish" with "wheat", I do on this one. Oak is light but definitely present. Something a little creamy and viscous in there in spite of the proof. Kentucky chew brings out something nice & nutty. Cashews maybe? Slightly toasted "something"?

I need to try this next to OWA.

OF10.jpg

Nice.  That's what I get for being a smart ass.  You pull out the big guns. 

• I like it 2