What bourbon are you drinking this Spring - 2024

markandrex

10 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Just excellent. Especially for $65. Thanks to Faster Horses for introducing me to this one. Intense, lots of flavor, drinks remarkably well for its proof.

Dry Fly.jpg

You are on a wheat journey tonight!  I have never tried Dry Fly but I do try to keep my fly dry. 😎

• I like it 2

I am drinking MM104.  MMCS proofed down for a slighty mellower experience.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Might as well drink to drown your sorrows since THE oHIO sTATE University got knocked out the the N...I....T... 😮😀

I am a heretic. I'm not much into sports at all. Not even Buckeye stuff. It's why I post anonymously. Because in Ohio it's "Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch!" for People Like Me.

So no sorrow. Just gratuitous drowning.

: - )

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nice.  That's what I get for being a smart ass.  You pull out the big guns. 

Oddly, I am familiar with what happens to Smart Asses. You Are Not Alone.

• I like it 2

20 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

but I do try to keep my fly dry. 😎

Didn't take long. Zero to Sixty! Smart Ass to TMI!

• I like it 1

I do so love this bottle. And the Glencairn now matches the whiskey again. 

Yes, I deviated from Wheat World. 

But if one's gonna be a deviant, one could do worse than ECBP. This is the A121 I keep coming back to.

Cheers. Time to support the friendly Marxists at Netflix by watching something mindless (at best) with The Wifey.

ECBP A121.jpg

• I like it 4

31 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

I am a heretic. I'm not much into sports at all. Not even Buckeye stuff. It's why I post anonymously. Because in Ohio it's "Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch!" for People Like Me.

So no sorrow. Just gratuitous drowning.

: - )

A good time just for you.  I can respect that!  😎

• I like it 1

I live in the 'burbs west of Indy.  Things are picking up as a lot of visitors are coming to the area for the total solar eclipse on Monday.  A lot of out-of-state license plates.  All of the local hotels are booked.  Even though, I work close to home, I opted to take the day off to watch the eclipse with my family.  My youngest son's employer gave everyone the day off with pay.  The current weather forecast indicates that the Indy area will be one of the best locations for observing the eclipse.  

Currently watching the Alabama-Connecticut game.  I hate both teams so I am drinking more MM1104 in hopes that neither win and Purdue is declared national champions by default.  

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I live in the 'burbs west of Indy.  Things are picking up as a lot of visitors are coming to the area for the total solar eclipse on Monday.  A lot of out-of-state license plates.  All of the local hotels are booked.  Even though, I work close to home, I opted to take the day off to watch the eclipse with my family.  My youngest son's employer gave everyone the day off with pay.  The current weather forecast indicates that the Indy area will be one of the best locations for observing the eclipse.  

Currently watching the Alabama-Connecticut game.  I hate both teams so I am drinking more MM1104 in hopes that neither win and Purdue is declared national champions by default.  

I watched a movie on Svengoolie called The Time Travelers - so OGD 114 is appropriate.

Smart asses - yep, been one my whole life, can't stop now.  I got my start trying to imitate some of my uncles.  I listened to all the comedy LP records in the Monroe County Public Library on the old style big headphones (this was before cable tv).  Also read a lot of Mad Magazine.

I have a special spot planned to watch the eclipse with my wife and son.  There's a great article on BBC news with maps and explanations.  Just a little way South of Indy, we'll be right in the middle of it.

• I like it 3

After my first pour of WT101, I knew it was going to be a "Flock" kind of night 🦃

For my second (and third) pour, I took it up a couple of notches:  a RRSiB Misty & Jamie Farris G4 pick.  So good.  This is what bourbon should always taste like.  🥃👍

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Earlier, I was enjoying WTRBR.  A very enjoyable rye.
I had an urge for bourbon, since I have been in The House of Russell, I decided to have a pour of RRSRH CNF. 

This bottle was a Christmas gift from my Brother (he is so generous, right?) Anyway,  have had a couple of pours from this bottle since Christmas, so it has had some air.  Tonight…….Yooowza!  Everything, I want from Wild Turkey,  balance, sweetness, spice and an aged oak framework that ties it all together. 
Not to mention  the cola notes, almost cherry coke (like WTMK 17yr 1st release comes to mind ) but so much more. This really hits me like early 90’s WT101.  Amazing.  Thanks to my Brother for this gift and thanks to the Russell’s for creating this whiskey. 

Cheers 

RR Single Rickhouse CN-F is the bomb.  Best bourbon I tasted in the last year, bar none.  IMO, Eddie Russell is the TOP guru in the bourbon industry today.

• I like it 4

Flocking Out. But I don't think I Flocked Up.

Saffell.jpg

• I like it 7

Been a minute since I've visited this one. It was still in the box and bag. I didn't realize it was even open.

20240407_193943.jpg

• I like it 11

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

It was still in the box and bag. I didn't realize it was even open.

I think you just accidentally found the wife’s secret Blanton’s

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

“That’s what she said.” 🤣

• I like it 4

Taking the day off work tomorrow for the eclipse.  Therefor I can have a couple pours tonight guilt-free.

BT barrel pick tonight. 

Pro tip:  candied roasted pecans from Buc-ees are an excellent choice to prep the palate for bourbon.  Extremely tasty!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Screenshot_20240407_222420_Google.jpg

• I like it 1

A blend of ER and BT………

A blend of ER and EH Taylor SmB……..

A blend of BT and EH Tayolr Smb……..

A blend of ER, BT, and EH Taylor SmB…….

Not to worry about me over doing it. Only 3/4 oz of each bourbon per pour.

• I like it 5

Decided on an eclipse toast and it was OGD114. It was excellent as usual.

• I like it 6

WTRB b3 in the glass this evening.

IMG_1283.jpeg

• I like it 4

Posted (edited)

I talked with an old friend today for several hours.  It had been years but felt like yesterday.  Decided I needed something special to commemorate the day, Big Man Small Batch Bookers to celebrate.  Cheers!

I just realized this photo was from 1974.

IMG_0131.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 10

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

I talked with an old friend today for several hours.  It had been years but felt like yesterday.  Decided I needed something special to commemorate the day, Big Man Small Batch Bookers to celebrate.  Cheers!

I just realized this photo was from 1974.

IMG_0131.jpeg

You guys had no idea how screwed up the world would be in 50 years. So glad i was able to enjoy the 70’s and 80’s as well. At least we had it.
Which one is you?

• I like it 2

Flying high tonight, and it’s tasting purty good. 😋

855muq.jpeg.a2103ad18201e9d3ad3d88d9173d16f3.jpeg

• I like it 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

You guys had no idea how screwed up the world would be in 50 years. So glad i was able to enjoy the 70’s and 80’s as well. At least we had it.
Which one is you?

On the left in the Red Dog Saloon shirt.

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1