Bourbon Availability Downunder

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Didn't know Basil Hayden (which I've never bought) is the same whiskey as OGD. BH is readily available here though unfortunately 80 proof.

At first it seemed odd to me Basil Hayden was launched as an 80 proof premium but after a few tasting sessions it became apparent this brand was designed as a Scotch fighter.

Think I'll be hitting up Binny's for some booze.

Some blokes help me out here, best to call and ask for someone? Tips re. customs? Shipping costs?

Cheers.

Not sure who our contact is there now as I haven't placed orders in a number of years. Maybe send Scott (Hightower) a PM as he's ordered more recently than me. I do know that shipping is bloody expensive - from memory expect something between $200 and $300 for a 12 bottle case. Then there's Customs.....

My general rule of thumb is that a $10-$15 bottle of 80-90 proof will cost between $50 and $60 each landed. A $15-$25 bottle between $60 and $80.

Not sure who our contact is there now as I haven't placed orders in a number of years. Maybe send Scott (Hightower) a PM as he's ordered more recently than me. I do know that shipping is bloody expensive - from memory expect something between $200 and $300 for a 12 bottle case. Then there's Customs.....

My general rule of thumb is that a $10-$15 bottle of 80-90 proof will cost between $50 and $60 each landed. A $15-$25 bottle between $60 and $80.

Will do, cheers.

I just spotted Bernheim Wheat Whiskey listed as 'coming soon' at Dan's. No price yet, but I estimate it'll probably cost $100 or so (I'm hoping cheaper but hey, this is Australian prices)...

I really feel for you guys having to pay those prices, makes me appreciate all the more what I have.

Price is in at $85 a bottle, so better than I predicted :) Might want to look at splitting a case if they offer their usual by the case discount...

We get better prices than in Scotland, Alden, unless you're a 'friend' of the distillery.

Guys, is Jim Beam Small Batch just a lower proof Knob Creek?

Pretty sure it is JB white + Port and water to hit 80pf deathevo...

Pretty sure it is JB white + Port and water to hit 80pf deathevo...

Ok, cheers (I bought a bottle for my father).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.