Buffalo Trace - Experimental Collection

brewcrew
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ah, context -- a good point! Might I suggest you try to ascertain what the context is before you imply aspersions, especially toward a long-standing SB.com stalwart and professional whiskey writer. In fact, those two facts ARE context here.

You don't have to agree with everything -- or anything, for that matter -- that is written here. But it behooves you to be civil -- and to acknowledge the mere possibility that others' opinions are well-grounded.

I do believe that I am being civil. I understand that there are those that will not appreciate me asking questions of those that are held in such high regard by many.

Does that mean that Chuck can't respond to my questions?

cowdery:

I believe that you have trashed the context of my original questions - and provided in <my> opinion - answers that remind me of a former president that could not determine the meaning of "is".

As you suggested - I did go to your web site.

Before I respond any further - I was informed by someone that you may be a lawyer.

Please confirm or deny as to whether or not you are a lawyer - and if so - as to what type of law you practice.

Please forgive me if I am wrong - but I believe that this is pertinent to my future discussions within the forum.

BTW - I am not a lawyer. I spend a lot of time writing computer programs. I don't spend alot of time trying to market the truth - as my perspective is at the true or false level. If you ask me a question - I'll do my best to answer the question you asked - in the same context that it was asked.

Remember the 449th!

http://norfield-publishing.com/449th/449site.html

Grant

I am a non-practicing attorney and a member of the Illinois bar.

I have a pretty thick skin but this has gotten ridiculous. Unlike President Clinton, I am not under oath nor does my inquisitor have any standing of which I am aware. Therefore, I will not participate in this pointless exchange any further.

Thank you to all who have jumped into this on my behalf. Let's consider it closed.

I am a non-practicing attorney and a member of the Illinois bar.

I have a pretty thick skin but this has gotten ridiculous. Unlike President Clinton, I am not under oath nor does my inquisitor have any standing of which I am aware. Therefore, I will not participate in this pointless exchange any further.

Thank you to all who have jumped into this on my behalf. Let's consider it closed.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your candor.

Within this forum - we all have equal standing.

I agree - this has become pointless.

Think of all the good whiskey bottles you can get for that price! At the moment I´m enjoying brilliant stuff from all over the world (well, almost!) including my recent brilliant E.T. Lee, Blanton´s STFB, Stagg and even my newly acquired RHF has shaped up a bit even if I still regard it as a minor disappointment. Hey, I even managed to find a bottle of AAA 10yo (in Denmark, of all places!)

Dave and Roger,

Do I understand you right here, i.e. that you are advocating self-censorhip? I hope I´m wrong but if not I think you should ask yourself what constitues a true friend.

From my experience, the ones who are always nice to you are, more often than not, the same people who talk badly about you behind your back.

A true friend, on the other hand, praises and encourages you when it is deserved and, at the same time, dares to criticize you when it is called for.

I cannot in my wildest dreams think that anyone from BT who stops by at this forum would dismiss SB.com members as "enemies" just because of one complaint.

A community that chokes on its own over-friendliness is not a good thing in my book. To me it is an invitation to dullness and complacency.

Hey, even the head honcho himself, Jim, is prone to the odd venom spitting and I like him all the better for it! :)

A forum is by definition a place for open discussion or expression of ideas.

Let's consider it closed.

Dang it, Chuck! I was already heating the tar by the time I reached your sensible post. Don't ask about the condition of my pillows. :grin:

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Before I respond any further - I was informed by someone that you may be a lawyer.

Please confirm or deny as to whether or not you are a lawyer - and if so - as to what type of law you practice.

Please forgive me if I am wrong - but I believe that this is pertinent to my future discussions within the forum.

How? Why? I've always found Mr Cowdery's posts to be enlightening and on point. I've never felt threatened or disrespected by the content of his posts. I'm not sure what someone else's profession has to do with one's future willingness to engage in civil discussions?

How? Why? I've always found Mr Cowdery's posts to be enlightening and on point. I've never felt threatened or disrespected by the content of his posts. I'm not sure what someone else's profession has to do with one's future willingness to engage in civil discussions?

I find it acceptable to ask what his profession is - as he eluded to mine in a previous post in this thread.

As far as relevance goes - as you may recall - President Clinton was a lawyer too.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered - I too would like to drop this argument. Please post anything further to me privately.

Let it be known that my post had nothing to do with the Chuck vs. Grant argument.

It was more an attempt from my side to bring up to discussion the need for a forum to be able to criticize a distillery in a constructive manner, in order to keep the vitality of said forum alive.

In no way did I wish to condone attacks on SB.com members.

Quote " - President Clinton was a lawyer too."

I know this is off subject, but I get nostalgic when anyone mentions President Clinton. I miss those eight years of peace and prosperity.

Oscar:grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!