What bourbon did you purchase today?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Replacing some dead soldiers: FR SmB, Bulleit, and OCPR.

Also grabbed a bottle of KC, because I haven't had it in a while.

Just got off the phone to John @ Binny's. Confirmed my order will be shipped out today, I should have it early next week, I just pray that customs don't charge me import duty, as I will get slugged on the following:

06 Stagg

06 WLW

06 ER17

06 SAZ 18

06 Handy

Pappy 23:cool:

Elmer T Lee

Rock Hill Farms

Saz Jr

Ridgemont Reserve 1792

See a bit of a BT pattern there??:grin:

Scott

Old Overholt. I've never tried a straight rye. Went to the liquor store hoping to find another bottle of WLW 06. Unfortunately, they're out. They do have the Handy and Sazerac 18 yr old from the BTAC. I figure I should find out if I like rye before paying for a premium bottle.

Jeff

post-367-14489812817202_thumb.jpg

Distilled S1947/Bottled F1952

Am looking forward to trying to get together with Julian, Preston and some other nearby SB.com'ers before too long to tap this one along with a good-fill 1956/1964 Very Old Fitzgerald BIB, and a 1959/1965 Old Fitz BIB Four Seasons decanter which, though sealed, has about 15% evaporation.

Sometimes these old bottles can be dicey, but I figure there's a pretty good chance at least one of the three will show well.

A couple of days ago I picked up a Weller Antique 7/107 - always reliably good. A bottle of Wiser's 10yo Canadian also followed me home.

[ATTACH]3633[/ATTACH]

HOLY CRAPPING THUNDER Batman!

Is that your bunker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: in the background?

If the Overholt doesn't satisfy, give Wild Turkey Rye a shot before you write off rye. It's another non-premium that won;t set you back much monetarily, and I prefer it over Overholt. In fact, it's my go-to whiskey in general, not just my go-to rye.

Yesterday, I hit a dusty bottle goldmine.

Most notibly, I snagged 4 tax stamped pints of 7 year old Jim Beam rye with a bottle date of '77. Huzzah! (first time I've seen any vintage rye on my hunts yet).

Also got a tax stamped Old Fitzgerald 1.75, a couple of OGD BiB fifths ('88 bottle date), and a tax stamped Old Charter 7 yr 86 proof liter.

There were other things I will need to go back for, as well as more stores in the area that need to be mined. :)

HOLY CRAPPING THUNDER Batman!

Is that your bunker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: in the background?

LOL! No, that some of the product in the liquor store where I work part-time.

I picked up another bottle of WTRR101 today. Not much of this is left around now - just one store in a 20 mile radius, as far as I can tell.

It was to replace a fallen warrior, so I just uncorked it - mmmmmmmm:cool: :bowdown: :cool: :bowdown: :cool:

[ATTACH]3633[/ATTACH]

Am looking forward to trying to get together with Julian, Preston and some other nearby SB.com'ers before too long to tap this one along with a good-fill 1956/1964 Very Old Fitzgerald BIB, and a 1959/1965 Old Fitz BIB Four Seasons decanter which, though sealed, has about 15% evaporation.

Sometimes these old bottles can be dicey, but I figure there's a pretty good chance at least one of the three will show well.

Tim are you finding these on dusty shelves or pulling them off of an auction? Just curious...

Tim are you finding these on dusty shelves or pulling them off of an auction? Just curious...

Sometimes one, sometimes the other...

Saturday I bought two bottles of the Thomas Handy rye, one bottle of 2006 George T. Stagg, and one bottle of Eagle Rare 10/101. Pretty good day, overall.

I helped a friend out with something late last year, in the mail came an American Express gift card.

Hello PVW 15.

A Superbowl drink I believe.

Weller Antique 107 and Rittenhouse Rye 100 proof. Also threw in some Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth and Angostura Bitters. I feel that Super Bowl Sunday may lead to Manhattans.

Weller Antique 107 and Rittenhouse Rye 100 proof. Also threw in some Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth and Angostura Bitters. I feel that Super Bowl Sunday may lead to Manhattans.

You sure have two good bottles to mix with! Do you like manhattans better with a wheater or the rye?

Just now getting back into Rye. I have a Saz Jr, WT Rye and now the Rittenhouse. I will let you know which I prefer.

Friday I bought AHH 16 and OGD BIB (for poker night and bottle of month). Last night I noticed the Elijah Craig 12yo 1.75L was on sale for 26.99. I couldn't walk away from THAT. Perfect bourbon for the poker hacks who come to my house. :lol:

It seems here in PA the EC12 only is sold in 1.75L, is it even available in 750mL? I have seen (though I've had to hunt for it) the 18 year old EC in 750mL. One of these days I'll have to give that a go too.

On Sunday I ordered a bunch of stuff. Got an email saying that it was one the way on Monday. Hoping it will be here tomorrow.

Mitcher's Rye 13 yo (sp?) In Japanese it says Hirsh Selection Rye but the picture said Mitcher's.

VWFFR Rye 13 yo

Old Weller Antique 107

EC 12

OGD 114

Blanton's Silver

Blanton's Straight From the Barrel

Even William's 15 yo

Also a Tanqueray 10 and a Bushmill's 16 yo single malt.

Ed

On Sunday I ordered a bunch of stuff. Got an email saying that it was one the way on Monday. Hoping it will be here tomorrow.

Mitcher's Rye 13 yo (sp?) In Japanese it says Hirsh Selection Rye but the picture said Mitcher's.

VWFFR Rye 13 yo

Old Weller Antique 107

EC 12

OGD 114

Blanton's Silver

Blanton's Straight From the Barrel

Even William's 15 yo

Also a Tanqueray 10 and a Bushmill's 16 yo single malt.

Ed

Man-o-man, I'm dying to try that SFTB. I hope to find it in Duty Free next week....keeping my fingers crossed. :grin:

Well, yesterday I purchased the following:

- PVW 15 (qty 4)

- Buffalo Trace

- Ancient Ancient Age 10

- ETL

- AH Hirsch 16

- Black Maple Hill 14

- Thomas H Handy

- Vintage Bourbon 17

- Hacienda de la Flor Reposado (tequila)

- Don Fulano Imperial (tequila)

- Aberlour A'bunadh (scotch)

- Dalwhinnie 15 (scotch)

- Scapa 14 (scotch)

- Laphroaig Quarter Cask (scotch)

- Santa Teresa 1796 (rum)

YUMMY!!!

WT 12 yr :yum: :yum: Found another little gold mine of split labels :cool: :cool:

Dawn

WT 12 yr :yum: :yum: Found another little gold mine of split labels :cool: :cool:

Dawn

Couldn't hold out any longer, could you? :D See!! Huntin's like ridin' a bike. You never forget how. :D

Nice find!

JOE

Didn't purchase them today, but the lovely lady turned up in her FedEx truck today...

yummmm.jpg

Now I need to order more.... :grin:

I just had to have the Ridgemont Reserve 1792, not only is that a cool bottle, but I am user number 1792 on SB.com!

once again, these choices were due to suggestions/tastings etc from this site, thanks everyone!

Scott

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!