What bourbon did you purchase today?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today was a good day.

Old stock;

Dalmore 12 yr with tax stamp. Bottle date says 73 or 78 (the impression is light, so there is a chance of it either way). Price? $12.99.

WT 12 yr goild foil. $26.99.

Dant Olde Bourbon, tax stamped, bottle date of '65. $10.99.

Old Charter 12 yr, from the 80s (no govt warning). I forget how much, but cheap.

New stuff;

ORVW 10 yr, Lawrenceburg.

VWFRR.

And, yes, oh yes... Rittenhouse 21 yr.

Today was a good day.

Old stock;

Dalmore 12 yr with tax stamp. Bottle date says 73 or 78 (the impression is light, so there is a chance of it either way). Price? $12.99.

WT 12 yr goild foil. $26.99.

Dant Olde Bourbon, tax stamped, bottle date of '65. $10.99.

Old Charter 12 yr, from the 80s (no govt warning). I forget how much, but cheap.

New stuff;

ORVW 10 yr, Lawrenceburg.

VWFRR.

And, yes, oh yes... Rittenhouse 21 yr.

I think that your ORVW 10 needs to be in your "old stuff" section. That is not exactly a current bottling.

It was Old Taylor BIB day in Manhattan today. Two quarts bottled in '79, one distilled in '70, the other in 71. And a fifth distilled in '67 and bottled in '74. Amazing to find this stuff still hanging around here on the island.

I think that your ORVW 10 needs to be in your "old stuff" section. That is not exactly a current bottling.

True, very true.

I guess it made it in the new stuff because the store I found it at was very kept up and modern, and I didn't equate the ORVW with being a 'dusty bottle'. In fact, there's not a speck of dust on it at all.

Man, I'm still light-headed over the haul today.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!