What bourbon did you purchase today?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found 12 bottles of Jacobs Well. They haven't made this in several years. Some have never heard of it. I think it's much better than Jim Bean.

I found 12 bottles of Jacobs Well. They haven't made this in several years. Some have never heard of it. I think it's much better than Jim Bean.

i used to buy jacob's well, often. i'd trade for some!

Bought an Old Weller 107 last week. Still have not opened yet due to the Harpers gold medal I can't seem to not drink.

MikeR

Well, it’s not bourbon, not even liquor for that matter, but I ordered something related that I’ve wanted for quite a few months today and it’s shipping tomorrow. I finally called up the BT Gift Shop and ordered myself a copy of But Always Fine Bourbon. Can’t wait to start reading this!

Elijah Craig 12yo for $21 after tax

The Old Overholt I orderd came in but I didnt have the cash to get it yet :frown:

Eric

Eagle Rare Single-Barrel 10yr. They said it tasted like A.H. Hirsch 16-year, and I'm down to my last drops of that stuff...

Eagle Rare Single-Barrel 10yr. They said it tasted like A.H. Hirsch 16-year

Who told you that?

Joe :usflag:

A salesman who was horrified that I was actually drinking the Hirsch rather than storing in the basement to sell when its price doubles again.

750ml of ERSB cost me $17.84 at the Montgomery County, Md. liquor store. BTW, does anyone know where I can buy Hirsch on-line?

The Burtonsville liquor store in Mont Co still has some 16yo Hirsch 2 days ago when I went by. I think it was $94 or so. Ask for the manager George Shelley. He can help you out if it is not on the shelf.

Howie

Nearly finished my PVW 15 and began getting depressed. So, to kick the blues, I went out and bought another! There were five bottles of WLW there too...might have to save up another $250 and get them too.

Now if I can only figure out where to get the Pappy VW 20-year that is supposed to be better than the Hirsch, I'll be a happy man!

PA state stores, at least the premium stores, carry Pappy 20. I saw 10 bottles last weekend in the one in Erie, PA for $73. I am not sure what the closest premium store is to the MD border.

Howie

Picked-up a bottle of Bulleit and an ORVW 107. I like like rye (and rye based bourbons) well enough, VWFRR is about my favorite tipple, but this Bulleit is going to the back of the bar. Win some, lose some.

What Howie said. I noticed one bottle left on the shelf at Burtonsville this afternoon.

Myself, I picked up an EWSB vintage 1994 (2004) in the gift box with the julep cup, somewhere in northeastern MD. Soooo handy to be able to Google for reviews on the cellphone in the store.

Replinished a depleted bottle of WT-03RB with a new one. Hope WT does not run out of the 03 batch any time in the forseeable future.

What Howie said. I noticed one bottle left on the shelf at Burtonsville this afternoon.

Myself, I picked up an EWSB vintage 1994 (2004) in the gift box with the julep cup, somewhere in northeastern MD. Soooo handy to be able to Google for reviews on the cellphone in the store.

Dave,

Well, I made the trek up to Frederick to Ye Olde Spirit Shop. They have a really good selection of pretty much everything.

I found some treasures and am glad I went. They had every bottle of the BTAC '06 series. It was a tough decision on which one to pick up but I went with the WLW, which in my opinion is fantastic. They had some rare selections behind the counter and to my surprise (I did a double take) they had a bottle with box of WT Tribute. I grabbed it. My brother who came with me purchased 1 of 3 bottles of Rittenhouse 21 YO Rye. They also had a really nice selection of beers so picked up some Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale.

My "hunt" was very exciting but that may be due to the fact that VA is limited on good finds.....things you may already have access to in Mont. Cnty. In any case, wanted to give you an update on my trip.....well worth it.

OGD 114

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

William LaRue Weller 06

Rittenhouse Rye BIB

Sazarac Straight Rye

Sazarac 18yr Rye 06

Van Winkle 13yr Rye

Michters 10yr Rye

I think I am seeing a Rye pattern here!

bj

Stopped buy a small discount store where I had purchased a EWSB 93 about a month ago, and to my surprise there sat a EWSB 90, and two more 93's. Needless to say I came home with 1 more 93 and the 90 at $ 22.50 each!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!