What bourbon did you purchase today?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am stting here waiting for a delivery. It is supposed to get here by 5:00 but it is twenty till and still no show. I want to open the package and see the bottles with my own eyes before I say what I've got.

Wish me luck!

Ed

Well, it got here this evening while I was at work. I couldn't have done anything but drool over it if it had come on time anyway...

I got one each of:

ORVW Old Time Rye 12 year old. Bo. 151

VWFRR 13 year old No. 576

Evan Williams 15 year old 101 proof

OGD BIB

I am one happy guy!

OGD 114

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

William LaRue Weller 06

Rittenhouse Rye BIB

Sazarac Straight Rye

Sazarac 18yr Rye 06

Van Winkle 13yr Rye

Michters 10yr Rye

I think I am seeing a Rye pattern here!

bj

Show off... :grin:

OCPR 13

ETL

OGD BIB

GM 100- this one is interesting, I can't find a reference to it on the HH site. It's in a tall bottle and doesn't say "Shine On" like the 80 proof jar. I've only ever seen it in one liquor store, and it's been on their shelf for a while...I've been meaning to go back and get some, but never got back to that store to pick it up. The bottle seems to have an '05 date (I say this because it has an "05" in the same place my new bottle of Rittenhouse BIB has an "06").

I got:

I am one happy guy!

You can still get that?!?!

Dawn

I got one each of:

VWFRR 13 year old No. 576

I am one happy guy!

Ed,

Isn’t there any letter in front of the figure on any of these 2 bottles? If not I guess they are 12 and 13 years old.

Leif

Ed,

Isn’t there any letter in front of the figure on any of these 2 bottles? If not I guess they are 12 and 13 years old.

Leif

I don't see any letters. I understood that the ORVW Old Time Rye 12 was just that, 12 years old, but thought that the VWFRR 13 would probably be older. Maybe not?

Ed

You can still get that?!?!

Dawn

I guess so, I ordered it and it came. I can see that I will have to order more.

Ed

I don't see any letters. I understood that the ORVW Old Time Rye 12 was just that, 12 years old, but thought that the VWFRR 13 would probably be older. Maybe not?

Ed

Ed,

I have tasted both the no letter 12 year and the C-letter one. According to taste it seem to be a big difference in age. My no letter version has 96 stamped on the bottom that indicate it is bottled 1996.

I am not sure about the 13 years but common sense tell me that no letter would mean it is the original first bottling with actual age 13 years.

Leif

I'm very excited. I purchased a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and FR Small Batch. Thanks to the generosity of a fellow SB'er, I now have two new bottles added to my collection. So, I raise my glass to you Dave....thank you. :bowdown:

Just ordered another PVW15, I would not break the seal on the one I just opened until I had a confirmation for my order on the screen. :)

Traveling across a neighboring state, found OGD 114 for $19.98.....now, the sales tax was an unbelievable 12.25% (*&^*#*&@#). However, at a total of $22.50 that was still a good $5+ less than anywhere I've found it in Tennessee.

You should come and drink some with me Cam!

I got it at first choice because I'm lazy, I get staff discount at VC and it would have cost me $140 intead of $146...however if I win the $500 I went in the draw to win, I'll buy you a bottle :grin:

Scott

Well, had to restock a few things that got emptied. Picked up some ETL, WTRB and another EWSB '96. I did get a couple of dusty corner bottles, but that doesn't go in this thread...

I picked up a bottle of EC12 today. Never had it. I'm looking forward to trying this tomorrow. A buddy of mine is coming over to give me a hand changing out the water pump on my truck. We'll give it a try then.

I picked up a bottle of EC12 today. Never had it. I'm looking forward to trying this tomorrow. A buddy of mine is coming over to give me a hand changing out the water pump on my truck. We'll give it a try then.

What kind of truck?

What kind of truck?

1991 Chevy 1/2 ton. The thing is on it's last legs. I thought I had a U joint going out but the clink/clanking is caused by slop in the rear-end and presumably the transmission to. Which sux because I just changed the points and plugs, new rotor cap etc. Cold weather has revealed the pan gasket isn't in real good shape either. Many problems, some of which are beyond me. I wouldn't dare tare apart the motor or change out the transmission.

The wife is gone visiting her sister so I'm stuck without a vehicle. My friend is gonna pick up the the parts at auto zone in the morning come straight here.

I's enough to make you drink. now where did I put that glass?

Based on some post here on SB, I went ahead and purchased a bottle of OGD BIB. Not opened yet, have to get my open stock down to a manageable level.

If only the Eagles had won! If it weren't for them, I'd be all grins this weekend - I found a WT101RR and two Old Forester BIBs (dimpled bottles). My two favorites!

Picked up an old standby today: Knob Creek. Then I noticed that PAMA pomegranate liqueur in the samplers and gave it a try. Makes an interesting, but kinda sweet, Manhattan.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!