'07 Sampler

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I note that this year, unlike years past, tickets are $5 more at the door than if purchased in advance ($35 / $30). Time to give the good folks at the Kentucky Bourbon Festival office a call!

It's that time for me to get a definitive headcount for the Friday catered dinner (before the Sampler). If you haven't posted yet or need to add/subtract anyone, please let me know. It was a lot of fun last year and hopefully we can get enough signed up to do it again.

Price will be approximately $25 per person incl tax and tip. We'll be doing prime rib.

Randy

In Like Flint. Thanks for organizing this again, Randy!

Randy, I'm in again this year, as is my friend Brendan and one more who will tagging along from WI.

Hook

I decided I can't miss this one.

Randy, please count me in (solo).

Gary

Price will be approximately $25 per person incl tax and tip. We'll be doing prime rib.

Randy

I think I already said yes, but just in case; yes Randy I'll be there for dinner.

Thanks!

I take special note to the part "2007 Kentucky Bourbon Festival Scholarship winner announced" :grin: :grin:

Erica, my youngest is vying for that scholarship...She just called me and read part of her "500 word essay" about the impact bourbon has had in her life and the other's around her...She's been working very hard on her story :grin: :grin: :grin:

I was very proud after hearing her read that :grin: :grin: :grin: but of course, I am bias as all get out :grin: :grin:

I am going to ask her permission to post it here (after entry)...Please keep your fingers crossed for her :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

This brochure was sent to me last week :grin:

Bettye Jo

Randy,

Add Jon and I. We'll only be there Fri evening.

Dawn

Thanks for all the responses. We have the banquet room booked and (hopefully) the same caterer as last year. Several members here have offered to bring some interesting beverages to share with the group.......so that should be fun.

Side note.....the General Nelson is getting cleaned up and repaired following 6 weeks of full occupancy by strike breakers. Target brought them in because of an possible strike at their Louisville facility and the Louisville hotels threw them out. Best Western booked them into Bardstown and Barbara finanaly had to throw them out last Monday. She described it as having a hotel full of parolees and other criminals with time on their hands......since there has not been a strike they just hung around the General Nelson. Barbara said that after repairs, etc, she might make a little money out of the ordeal. I forgot to ask if the Gazebo was still standing.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

We've got the banquet room booked and Patty Cull set up again as our caterer. Same menu as last year......prime rib with sides and desert. We've got 22 confirmed guests, several "maybe"s and some I haven't heard from yet so I reserved for 25 so we can accomodate any last minute additions (I can add guests up until about 7 days beforehand).

I'm bringing some wines from Argentina and Charles is bringing some specialty brews to share. We'll have the banquest room from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm with coktails early and dinner served around 7 to 7:30.

Then the Gazebo!

Randy

Still got my case of beer lined up, should be quite interesting (strong stouts, a large-size raspberry wheat, a large bottle of the great Hockley Dark, and much else). I'll probably add to it from the beer shelves of Liquor Barn.

Gary

Just to confirm, Troyce and I will be there.

Thanks again Randy,

JOE

Is this Friday night event open to all, and is it to late to throw my name in? If not, put me down for two and let me know what information you need.

Thanks,

Tim

I, too, would like to make reservations for two for the Friday dinner if possible. I have an old friend from high school who will be meeting us there, and I don't know if they are on this site or not. Would it be possible to make reservations for four?

My Dad died several years ago and I received all the contents of his bar, including many bottles of old bourbon. I opened the last one a couple of weeks ago (dated 1983). I recently transfered the contents into a sterilized clear glass bottle with a screw on cap and I plan to bring it to the gazebo Friday night. It will be interesting to hear the comments that you experts make about it, and to see how many of you can guess the distillery, brand, proof, etc. At the end of the evening or when the bottle runs dry (whichever comes first) I'll get out the original container.

Stu

Good one, Stu, looking forward to that, and meeting you.

Gary

Tim and Stu....no, its not too late. I've got Tim down for two and Stu down for four. This brings our confirmed list to 31 people with some maybe's still out there. Looking forward to meeting you both.

The banquet room will be ours from 6pm till 9pm. Several people are bringing interesting beers to try and I'm bringing some wines from Argentina. Cost is $25 per person to pay for the caterer and for the room. Afterwards, we retire to the Gazebo.

Randy

In that case I'll bring some of my home brew. I'm normally very proud of my "stu-brew" but this is the worst batch I've ever made. I'm a dark beer lover so it still beats Bud in my opinion. I don't currently have any home made wine that I can take.

Here's the last call for anyone wanting to come to the pre-Sampler dinner on Friday night We now have 33 confirmed guests. I'll go ahead and book for 35 to allow for some late guests.

Menu is prime rib, green beans, buttered potatoes, salad, rolls, tea and cake. Barbara at the General Nelson will provide ice and glasses. Its BYOB.

Charles, Gary and Stu are bringing interesting beers to share with the group. I'm bringing some red wines from Argentina to share.

See everyone next week.

Randy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.