'07 Sampler

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My Sampler ticket arrived from the KBF folks today -- No. 48, here!

I'm going to stop by a local brewery that brews some fantastic beers to pick up a few growlers. Each growler is 1/2 gallon. How many should I get to make sure everyone who wants to has a chance to try a few varities? I was thinking 3-5. If interested, here's their website: www.freestatebrewing.com, there's alot of info about their brews. It's some thristy readin'.

Tim

My Sampler ticket arrived from the KBF folks today -- No. 48, here!

I know the website says tickets are available at the door, anyone think there is a chance of a sellout prior? I should have ordered them long ago, but spaced it off... :banghead:

Tim.......I'd say a couple of growlers should be enough. Several others are going to be bringing beer too.

But, this is a weekend....so there could be more beer drinking on Saturday.

Randy

I'll be bringing some of the Pale Ale that Ed and I brewed about 6 weeks ago. Mmm...hops!

I'll be bringing some of the Pale Ale that Ed and I brewed about 6 weeks ago. Mmm...hops!

Hoppy to hear!

Jeff makes great beer...one of the best I've tasted.

Good stuff :grin: :grin:

Hey Randy, Libby decided at the last moment I should not go alone.

Any chance of adding her for the Friday night dinner?

Thanks.

Gary

Of course we've got room. I actually confirmed for two extras just in case. Glad to have her join us.

Randy

Curious, I just checked the weatherchannel.com and it is showing temparatures in the high 60s and low to mid 70s most of the week, is this pretty typical and accurate?

I was starting my packing and wasn't really thinking about shorts, but now especially if it is at all humid, I am thinking I better pack some. How is the humidity typically?

I've been wearin' shorts all week---We don't recognize humidity till (at least) after the first week in May...It can still frost till then...

You might need a jacket at night...but it depends upon how much bourbon you drink to keep warm :skep: :bigeyes: :grin:

Here's the forcast...(see attachment)

Bettye Jo

Curious, I just checked the weatherchannel.com and it is showing temperatures in the high 60s and low to mid 70s most of the week, is this pretty typical and accurate?

I was starting my packing and wasn't really thinking about shorts, but now especially if it is at all humid, I am thinking I better pack some. How is the humidity typically?

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 37.65N and Longitude -85.6W (Elev. 462 ft).pdf

I'm heading out in the morning for Bardstown. Will probably stop in Memphis and hit Beale Street for some music. Getting into Bardstown late Thursday afternoon.

Friday's dinner is all set. Doors open around 6pm with dinner served around 7pm. Lots of interesting micro/home brews being brought by SBer's.

And most importantly........bring some "gazebo fodder". Mine includes Van Blankle, EW 15yo, Old Rip 12/105 and a few others.

Randy

Beer I will have, in quantity, but I am still thinking of how to do this. When I was last at Party Source in Covington, KY, I saw sales of growlers from taps in the store (isn't that cool?) so I may bring a few of those. We'll see.

Gary

Got into Louisville late last night, had a rough time with the time change but am finally up and around and getting ready to head out... Not sure where but I need to get some drinking water and some snacks as the Galt House doesn't sell anything other than 20oz water bottles, not gonna cut it.

I should be getting into Bardstown tomorrow evening sometime.

..... Dumb Question, what's a growler?

A growler is a half gallon glass jug of beer. Lots of pubs with breweries will sell you a growler and you get fresh keg beer to go in them.

I wish I was there; I made the last couple of Samplers. I'm still planning on making the festival. Instead, we are spending the weekend in Vegas. I have a work sales meeting that starts at noon on Monday in San Diego, so going to Vegas before this meeting works out well.

All - have Fun!

Shoot Wade, I thought a growler was Trina when you pull all the covers on your side of the bed at night....

LMAO!!! He's back!!

(Dane......I've missed you!!)

Dawn

Why is Doug on his knees Bettye Jo????? :bigeyes::bigeyes:

post-949-14489812982733_thumb.jpg

Why is Doug on his knees Bettye Jo????? :bigeyes::bigeyes:

Dawn...he sho nuff wuz :grin: :grin: Crawled half-way cross the room (beggin') like that...

Got some of the "chunky" for it too :grin: :grin: :grin:

:grin: :grin: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh :grin: :grin:

:grin: Sounds bad, but it ain't...

Good thing about Dawn now knowing how to post pics, is we now get to enjoy seeing Bettye Jo's smiling face more.

Looks like everyone was having a great time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.