YMMV: Where to you veer off from the conventional wisdom?

TNbourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One way that I veer from the norm is that I have developed a real liking for the earthy, some would say musty, note that sometimes shows up in Blanton's, especially the Straight From the Barrel. I had a bottle of that and the first pour was, "Oh, no. A musty bottle." Later I tried it and deliberately thought, "earthy" and it was not so bad, actually kind of nice. I found that it was nice in a Manhattan. When that bottle started to get low, I realized that I liked it to much to use it as a mixer.

I threw away a bunch of empty Blanton's bottle that I had cluttering up my room the other night and I noticed a couple of drops in the bottom of the bottle, not even a sip, just a tiny taste. I sure miss that bottle. Now every time I open a bottle of Blanton's I find myself hoping for a musty one.

Ed

I agree with so many of the "I-just-don't-get-it" choices discussed here....

Add this to my list too:

Barton's 1792 . . . great bottle...nice attempt at a premium, BUT........

Barton's 1792 . . . great bottle...nice attempt at a premium, BUT........

I'm in 100% agreement on that one.

Tim

Me too... nice but not premium.

When considering the market it is competing in, Woodford, Makers, Elijah Craig 12yo, Buffalo Trace, I think it competes well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.