What bourbon did you purchase today? (Fall '07)

mgilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Decided to get myself a (another) Christmas gift today. After all these years, finally broke down and bought a Booker's. Been waiting around a while to find that right one I suppose. Well, went to a long-forgotten store today to get the wife some wine and there was 1 left on the shelf.....an older one, distilled 3-31-95 and bottled in 2003 in Boston according to the upper label. Always said if I got one of these, it would be an 8+ year variation.....and one which Booker himself would have more likely placed hands upon prior to his passing. In any event, maybe I'll open it tonite if the chance presents itself and I am up long enough wrapping for the kids.

Second bottle today, but not lesser in any way, a OGD 114 dated 1982 with the tax stamps intact.....but, about 10-15% evaporated. Just the same, it was their last bottle of it and I could not pass it up.

I was running out of Wild Turkey 101 so I bought another bottle, today. It is pretty much my everyday pour now, so I must keep it replenished.

It is now up to $21.50 per 750-ml in my ABC state. :rolleyes:

Tim

PS - It is winter, now.

Tony - that was beautiful. I can relate. I hid out down at the office today waiting for a shipment to arrive. It was worth the wait. Got a couple of bottles of WTKS and a couple bottles of Parkers. I hope the Parkers lives up to its billing. I cracked the KS tonight and it is worth the price.

I'm married to the best woman in the world. For Christmas she got me all 5 bottles of the '07 BTAC, plus a couple extra bottles; 1 Saz and 1 WLW.

:grin:

Greg that is a great women indeed!!

For everyone else please don't get me wrong on my wife, she never yells about hunting at all but she would not want me to be to far from the house in our current state!! I thought for sure we be in the hospital by now but Samantha is not ready yet! :grin: She is much easier to tend for where she is currently!

Cheers.

Greg that is a great women indeed!!

For everyone else please don't get me wrong on my wife, she never yells about hunting at all but she would not want me to be to far from the house in our current state!! I thought for sure we be in the hospital by now but Samantha is not ready yet! :grin: She is much easier to tend for where she is currently!

Cheers.

Congrats and Merry Christmas to you again Tony. You are a very lucky man in terms of wife, family........and bourbon!!! Hope everything continues to go well for you and yours into the coming new year.

Cheers,

Jake

Merry Xmas, everyone!!!

From my mother-in-law, I got a 3 pack of Jim Beam grilling sauces: steak sauce, lemon/herb marinade and teriyaki marinade. Can't wait for spring to bbq!!

Merry Xmas, everyone!!!

From my mother-in-law, I got a 3 pack of Jim Beam grilling sauces: steak sauce, lemon/herb marinade and teriyaki marinade. Can't wait for spring to bbq!!

No need to wait until spring, in my opinion.:grin:

I still fire up the grill in the cold.

Christmas eve I pickup 6 bottles of assorted Italian wine to bring over for the family Christmas eve dinner. Total overkill as my brother and sister also brought some over and my mom had a bottle left over from Thanksgiving. Damn, I don't know what my brother and sister were thinking, I'm the "bring the wine guy". We ended up having 11 bottles of wine to share with 7 adults. We did have some cousins show up later so I guess it's better to have more than not enough.

On Christmas morning I recieved from my girlfriend some sweet bottles.

W.L. Weller 10 year

I.W. Harper 15 year

George Dickel 10 year

Old Charter 13 year

Old Fitzgerald 12 year

Jameson's 12 year

I have honestly never had any of these other than the Jameson's. I usually shop in New Hampshire to save some cash and they don't carry these. Well, they do carry the Weller, I've just never bought it.

I was quite surprised seeing as she does not drink other than wine. She either did her homework or the salesman at the store was pretty knowledgable. Think I'll check the store out and maybe start shopping there. I have no problem with paying a little more if the service is worth it.

Chris

Hey Chris, Just wondering if all but the Dickle are Louisville bottlings? They could also be Frankfort (Weller, Fitz, OC). Either way sounds like you were on Santa's nice list this year that's a great gift.

Enjoy! several of those bottles are not made any more.

Cheer!

Tony

Hey Chris, Just wondering if all but the Dickle are Louisville bottlings? They could also be Frankfort (Weller, Fitz, OC). Either way sounds like you were on Santa's nice list this year that's a great gift.

Enjoy! several of those bottles are not made any more.

Cheer!

Tony

Actually the Fitz would still be Louisville.

That's a hell of a gift, even if most of them are current bottlings...better watch out, I'm thinking many of us want to steal your girlfriend:grin:

Well, I figured out how she got these. I didn't ask her yet but I just know it deep down. She is originally from southern Ohio about 15 miles north of Kentucky. She only moved up here about 5 years ago. Her brother now resides in Kentucky.

Her mom and dad, as well as her brother, his wife and 3 kids came up here over the summer. We showed them a good time for their vacation and would not let them pay for a thing. Her brother tried to give me a couple of hundred dollars. Put it on top of my dresser. Of course I found this and promptly put it into an envelope and stashed it in their glove compartment. We didn't tell them until they were home. He needed to be made to understand, when you are our guests, we pay. House rules.

He did say that he'd pay me back one way or another. When I least expected it. I guess he figured out a way.

Chris

Hey BigToys, I'm with Nick on this one I would NOT wait until spring to fire up the Barby. Somehow BBQ Chicken or steak in the winter is a requirement. Besides a little nip of whiskey will keep you warm while you are outside grillin.

Chris? When you getting Married? Everyone needs a :bowdown: Brother-in-Law like that! I think I'm ready to trade both mine in now!!!:lol:

Tony

I bought the last two bottles of OGD 114 in Berks County. the PALCB has it on closeout for 17.49, never to be sold again in PA. What a bummer. :hot:

Joe :usflag:

Picked up a Jim Beam Black and a Jim Beam Rye. Both are nice and the Rye is distinctive.

I had a little bit of $$ burning a hole in my pocket so I went in search of a bottle. The four stores I stopped in at had the usual suspects on the shelves, nothing jumping out begging to be bought.

My go to bottle for the last couple weeks has been Ridgemont Reserve, and its about to hit the recycle bin, so it was the winner. I was really hoping to find a Weller 12 or Centennial, but I have not seen one of them on my local shelves for a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.