So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Smoked a Partagas Black Label Clasico last night. A little more full-bodied smoke than I'm used to but I still enjoyed it. I had some issues with the burn but I think that was attributable to the fact that I'm using a regular lighter and/or matches to toast/light my cigars right now. I'll have a torch lighter soon.

You are stepping up in strength quite quickly, and I am almost surprised to hat you didn't find it too strong. That being said, Partagas blacks are some great cigars.

You are stepping up in strength quite quickly, and I am almost surprised to hat you didn't find it too strong. That being said, Partagas blacks are some great cigars.

Plain ol' Captain Black in my little ol' pipe, while listening to the Braves on the radio in the garage.

Enjoying the nice night on the deck with a Casa Magna Colorado Torito while watching the Hall County Nature's Fireworks, glad its not at my house.:grin: Edit: I should mention I am watching the WLOCP 2011 on YouTube. Go Dawgs!!!

CAO Extreme Cameroon on a deck in Breckinridge after hiking yesterday. Gorgeous view, and good cigar, but it didn't smoke as well as these guys normally do. No real complaints though.

On a business trip, and on recommendation from a local shop, smoked a Savinelli last night. It was very flavorful, medium to full bodied, and smoked beautifully. Nice choice that I otherwise would have overlooked.

Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary Robusto. Quite possibly one of my favorite smokes. I'm slowly buying up all of these from a local shop.

Smoked a Tatuaje last night. This is the first of these I've had, and I have to say I liked it. Smoked well and even, full flavored without overpowering strength.

Just smoked a Hemingway Short Story... and honestly, it tasted like cardboard. Not sure what the deal was. Maybe just a bad stick?

Just smoked a Hemingway Short Story... and honestly, it tasted like cardboard. Not sure what the deal was. Maybe just a bad stick?

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra. Fished this out of the humidor looking for something different. Forgot just how good these are.

Oh, should have mentioned, smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus panatella last night on an uncharacteristcally nice August night in the Commonwealth. Super spicy and powerful out of the gat, similar to the Prensado Churchill. The spice gave way, but it stayed a strong smoke through the end. Burned well, but did have a hard time staying lit if you didn't keep puffing. I really like this size cigar; it just feels elegant in a way the thicker cigars don't. Pity not many are made these days.

An Illusione CG4 ... nutty with a spectacular earthy maduro wrapper and a very nutty flavor .. finished it off with a toothpick ... didn't want to snuff it out.

Jay, never had those hoyos, can you describe?

Sorry, I took so long to get back to this, I missed it initally.

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra, is one of those cigars that really goes after the essence of a cuban cigar taste. First of all each cigar is wrapped in an indivual cedar sleeve. The Ecuador Sumatra Wrapper on this is so dark that it is almost a Maduro, but once you put it to your lips, even before lighting it, the flavors of dark fruit, like dates or dried figs immediate get you. Lighting it up, you don't so much of the sweet so much as you get a smoothly velvety leather, earth and a bit of Dark Chocolate. There is some spice in there too, and it is very full bodied without being too "strong". It is very consistent throughout only getting just a bit bitter near the nub... which I don't alway know about, because there are very few cigars that I go down to the nub on... but this one, you just don't want to end once you start smoking it (OK... maybe it is just me... but it is a damn fine, cuban style flavor, rich and pleasurable). It runs between 6 and 8 dollars around here (for the Media Noche), and it is one of the few cigars this price that I will say is vastly underpriced.

Sorry, I took so long to get back to this, I missed it initally.

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra, is one of those cigars that really goes after the essence of a cuban cigar taste. First of all each cigar is wrapped in an indivual cedar sleeve. The Ecuador Sumatra Wrapper on this is so dark that it is almost a Maduro, but once you put it to your lips, even before lighting it, the flavors of dark fruit, like dates or dried figs immediate get you. Lighting it up, you don't so much of the sweet so much as you get a smoothly velvety leather, earth and a bit of Dark Chocolate. There is some spice in there too, and it is very full bodied without being too "strong". It is very consistent throughout only getting just a bit bitter near the nub... which I don't alway know about, because there are very few cigars that I go down to the nub on... but this one, you just don't want to end once you start smoking it (OK... maybe it is just me... but it is a damn fine, cuban style flavor, rich and pleasurable). It runs between 6 and 8 dollars around here (for the Media Noche), and it is one of the few cigars this price that I will say is vastly underpriced.

Sold.

key for me is lots of flavor without overpowering strength. Thanks for the write up. On another note, have you gotten around to giving Ol' Rocky another try?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!