So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night, sat out on the balcony of our hotel at the beach with an AF Best Seller and a couple of pours of Weller 12. 'at'll do. Probably follow up with the same tonight. Or, may go with Rocky Patel Vintage 92.

BTW, spent the afternoon going over this months Cigar Aficianado. Anyone else notice how good this mag is? Every month there are lots of well written, and interestng articles.

Last night, sat out on the balcony of our hotel at the beach with an AF Best Seller and a couple of pours of Weller 12. 'at'll do. Probably follow up with the same tonight. Or, may go with Rocky Patel Vintage 92.

BTW, spent the afternoon going over this months Cigar Aficianado. Anyone else notice how good this mag is? Every month there are lots of well written, and interestng articles.

BS on a couple of pours. I know you, and being at the beach, a couple of pours of Weller 12 was just a starter.

Yeah, that did sound like BS Jimmy.:horseshit:

Joe :usflag:

Yeah, that did sound like BS Jimmy.:horseshit:

Joe :usflag:

:lol:

Busted!!!!!! Ya'll got me! Maybe, a few more than a couple.......:o

• 1 month later...

Cant wait until tonight! I have a Gurkha Beat and a bottle of PVW 20 yr waiting on me. Daddy's on his way home boys!

Today, I visited a great cigar store in Northeast Philadelphia - Holt's. I tried a Casa Magne Colorado Robusto. It was rated by Cigar Aficionado as the best cigar in 2008. Although I don't always agree with their ratings, this was an outstanding cigar. It had great flavors, excellent construction with a dark oily wrapper. I don't know if it is the best cigar from 2008, since I did not evaluate all of the cigars from 2008; however, I thought that it was good enough to buy a box.

Doug

Troyce came over for a bourbon tasting, and we drove my wife and daughter from the premises with a selection of Arturo Fuente Anejo's, Padron 1964, and Blanton's (not a bad cigar for a novelty, BTW).

The smoke was also quite effective in keeping the local skeeter population at a safe distance from the patio. :D You know, there are few things as satisfying as spying a skeeter coming in for a snack, and driving her away with a full blast of exhaled cigar smoke. :bandit: I swear, you can almost hear the little bastards coughing and wheezing, as they haphazardly spiral back to the stagnant pool from which they came. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Diamond Crown Maximus Toro. Might just be my favorite Fuente blend.

The other day I had an Oliva Series G Maduro, I think it was the Robusto. Nice smoke albiet a bit strong! It would have be great with a glass of Bourbon.

I don't know of any serious cigar smoker that likes ACIDS but then.........everybody has to start somewhere.

I don't know of any serious cigar smoker that likes ACIDS but then.........everybody has to start somewhere.

Any reason it isn't a serious cigar? Because of the herbal and oil infusion? Guess its like wine and bourbon, drink what you like right?

Those flavored things are the Red Gag of the cigar world.

I think its something to smoke around other folks because its can provide a more pleasant aroma than other cigars. They are made and smoke well so if its your cup of tea it isnt' a bad choice.

The last few nights I've enjoyed Upmann 100 Robusto with my Bourbon. I'm thrilled by how good the combo is. I've never been a cigar smoker (just cigs in the past). I had one last night to finish a bottle of Pappy 20 and now I know why Pappy looks so happy with his cigar! I just had a Wathen's tonight with one and I was blown away by the combo. WOW:bigeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed a nice Don Pepin Blue Label lancero with some WT101 three nights ago. Followed by Gran Habano Cabinet Selection with some Baker's on Wednesday. Good cigars, good bourbon and good company.

The last few nights I've enjoyed Upmann 100 Robusto with my Bourbon. I'm thrilled by how good the combo is. I've never been a cigar smoker (just cigs in the past). I had one last night to finish a bottle of Pappy 20 and now I know why Pappy looks so happy with his cigar! I just had a Wathen's tonight with one and I was blown away by the combo. WOW:bigeyes:

I love pairing a cigar and bourbon. I like to experiment between rye whiskey, rye bourbon and wheat bourbon. Tonight I paired a '79 Early Times KSBW and an Oliva Connecticut Reserve.

I love pairing a cigar and bourbon. I like to experiment between rye whiskey, rye bourbon and wheat bourbon. Tonight I paired a '79 Early Times KSBW and an Oliva Connecticut Reserve.

Unfortunately my wife has put the Kybosh on my cigar smoking. She's been really tolerant of my whiskey drinking but when she saw me heading onto the porch a few nights in a row with a cigar in hand she flipped. Now I have to wait for her to fall asleep :grin:

Unfortunately my wife has put the Kybosh on my cigar smoking. She's been really tolerant of my whiskey drinking but when she saw me heading onto the porch a few nights in a row with a cigar in hand she flipped. Now I have to wait for her to fall asleep :grin:

I totally understand. My wife's been giving me the hairy eyeball over my cigars. I've started smoking cigars a lot more recently, well, because they're really good and I enjoy the quiet time on the front porch. But to your point, I too have to wait many an evening for my wife to retire before "sneaking" out to the front porch. :skep:

My wife's on to me.... She falls asleep on the couch, I tell her to "just go to bed already" and she refuses until I go up.... darn, no cigars for me :hot: ... I'm really jonesing for one right now.

Victory!!! :grin: With a little persistence got her up to bed... told her she was snoring to get her to go up. Had an Oro Rojo Royal Jamaica with some Pappy 15, I fall in love with bourbon all over again with a wonderful smoke. I'm still taking in deep breaths of my fingers to continue savoring the moment. Life is good no?

Tonight I enjoyed a cigar my son gave to me for my birthday. A La Aroma de Cuba.

What did you think of that cigar? I've had a couple of different sizes now and have enjoyed them.

Last week I had an LFD Double Pressed. Pretty good smoke with good flavors. Not as strong as a lot of LFD products.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!