So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing and I'm not happy about it. It's too cold and I don't smoke in the house. :smiley_acbt:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nice fire going in the outdoor fireplace, tonight. An assortment of pours accompanied by a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut. A very nice, easy smoking stick to wind down the weekend.

I was on the market for some milder cubans, so I bought some:

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme - more medium than light, but a nice smoke

Fonseca Cosacos - right up my alley and exactly the relaxing light smoke I wanted

I paired the two cigars above with a WLW 06. Nice pairing on both cigars.

The other suggestion I received and ordered was RyJ Short Churchills. I planned on smoking one this weekend, but I was ill.

Had a Te Amo Cuban Blend. Looks like a Nub, but not the same quality, and all Mexican tobacco if I understand correctly. Not a bad stick, overall.

While plowing all the snow yesterday, I tried smoking a connie. It was still snowing and the cigar kept going out. I only got about 1/2 way through before giving up.

As of late I have really like the Upmann Mag 48, one of the 2009 EL's from Havana. Great size, loaded with flavor that is Upmannesque but sweeter that the Mag 46 with good complexity and a nice finish. A real nice cigar for one so young. This is one vitola that I hope emerges as a regular production stick as we saw happen with the Mag 50.

I smoked a Rocky Patel Sun Grown the other night. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a bad stick.

Joe :usflag:

a Bowl of Gawith & Hoggarth's Kendal Flake in a Randy Wiley bent Galleon

That's easy for you to say. :D

• 2 months later...
Monte #2 while trying various bourbons.

Monte #2 while sitting next to Greg and drinking all his bourbon.... I really liked the Old Fitz from the 40's he was pouring.... excellent mixed with diet Coke. You think he would bring out some fresh bourbon but he just keeps pouring stuff from the 60's to the 90's. He must be saving the tasty fresh stuff for Em......

He also fixed a light lunch... 2 pound rib eye, potatos, slaw, etc..... Great afternoon my friend!!!!

I smoked a Rocky Patel Sun Grown the other night. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a bad stick.

Obviously, I haven't kept up with this thread in a while. I tried the Sun Grown not long ago and was surprised by its tastiness as well. It was the most memorable in a Patel sampler.

• 2 weeks later...

im no aficionado by any means, so i usually just pick up a variety from the tobacco shop until i find what i like. i tend to like most of what Macanudo puts out. fairly mellow and never seems to overpower the bourbon im having with it.

Had a Cain "F" while I was in Kentucky. Very good smoke but not for the faint hearted.

• 2 weeks later...
im no aficionado by any means, so i usually just pick up a variety from the tobacco shop until i find what i like. i tend to like most of what Macanudo puts out. fairly mellow and never seems to overpower the bourbon im having with it.

If you like the Macanudo, then you'll probably like the 5 Vegas Gold. Nice flavor, creamy and mild to moderate strength. Another good one is Puros Indios Veijo; aged 6 years using a mixed long filler. Good price when they are on sale for around $30 for 20.

It's a perfect night, mild weather so sitting on the front porch enjoying a 3 Siglos Gran Habano. Good amount of flavor, tons of smoke....pretty decent although the burn is inconsistent.

friday night was one of those perfect nights. sat on the deck listening to the baseball game, with a beer, a glass of Hirsch, and an Ashton Cabinet churchill. definitely my favorite cigar to date, but too pricey to have often.

• 3 weeks later...

had a few carolina cigar company smokes while i was on vacation. okay, i guess, but nothing specials.

i also enjoyed an alec bradley while sitting by the lake. thats a very nice cigar. a little fuller, but very well balanced. even the wifey enjoyed the aroma, which is rare.

Just had my first cigar in many months. Cuesta-Rey Centenario from the Dominican Republic. I bought this 6 months ago and it was pretty stale but I enjoyed it anyways. I had it with a Handy Rye 2009. The poor thing kept unraveling in my hand and I had a lot of spitting due to a considerable amount of saliva production while smoking. I assume that was due to the stale-ness. Nonetheless, I enjoyed sitting on the porch and pairing it with the rye. :)

For the first time in many months, I lit my pipe up on the back porch while chatting with Paul and Joe in the gazebo. My pipe tobacco of choice is IQ-40 (I think), which always has a different name. I've found it labeled IQ-140, Wildcat, and now that I've found it here in Tucson, it bears the name "Wilshire."

I haven't experimented much with pipe tobacco, I smoke a pipe somewhere between 3 and 12 times a year, typically 6. I've only tried 3 or 4 different kinds of pipe tobacco.

I thought that Wild Turkey 12 year old was an absolutely stellar pairing with the pipe last night... not that I can do that very often! :D

Anybody got another pipe tobacco I should try? I don't think I like black cavendish, but it's been probably 5 years since I've even tried it. Not sure how many people smoke pipes on this forum!

yesterday evening i enjoyed an Excalibur 1066. honduran cigar with a cameroon wrapper. not bad at all. went well with the finger of Hirsch i was sipping.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!