Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeti and ChainWhip, your posts in this thread encourage me to do very, very bad things to my wallet.

Aww c'mon... What're friends for?

Now if I can just sneak a pour next time there's a tasting at your house...

*grin*

Picked up a Highland Park 18 today with a little help from a fellow SBer. Its a little ahead of schedule as I was planning to work on Islay distilleries first before moving on to the rest of the islands but at $88 it seemed like much too good a price to pass up.

I believe it will keep until I am ready to head up north and explore that area!

At a whisky tasting this afternoon at the local liquor store and of course went inside afterwards for a little look around. Didn't get any of the Scotch but I did come across a Tyrconnell Madeira Cask finished Irish Whiskey that was apparently pretty new to the store so that accompanied me home!

After saying, I wasn't going to buy any new whisk(e)y for a while, saw a sale on Lagavulin 16 for $64. My resolve to be thrifty died pretty quickly.

Scored one of these finally - safely in the bunker after a trip across the pond.

8614392816_da140b40ca.jpg

Edited by ChainWhip

Very nice. Love that color.

I believe it was your NOH that started me down the rabbit trail/hunt for this bottle of 1981 ;-)

Edited by ChainWhip

Bought a bottle of The Black Grouse last night because Utah has delisted it and is blowing it out. My initial impressions were pretty positive, it was well worth the $15 I paid.

Got another bottle of Glendronach 15 PX for the bunker

Edited by ChainWhip

At a whisky tasting this afternoon at the local liquor store and of course went inside afterwards for a little look around. Didn't get any of the Scotch but I did come across a Tyrconnell Madeira Cask finished Irish Whiskey that was apparently pretty new to the store so that accompanied me home!

Meeting John Glaser at Federal Wines and Spirits a few weeks ago was a great time, and I had a friend heading down to Manhattan, so a bottle of Great King Street "New York Blend" made its way to me. It's getting cellared until I have fewer bottles open in the cabinet bar.

Edited by Kalessin

Touched down in Houston and scored a few malts from Specs:

Glendronach 17 PX Cask # 260

Glendronach 21 Oloroso Cask # 2209

Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 10 CS (59.8%)

Meeting John Glaser at Federal Wines and Spirits a few weeks ago was a great time, and I had a friend heading down to Manhattan, so a bottle of Great King Street "New York Blend" made its way to me. It's getting cellared until I have fewer bottles open in the cabinet bar.

I went back and forth on this, especially drinking it next to the Flaming Heart, which is quite a bit more nuanced. I just drank the last of my NY Blend last night, and am convinced I need another bottle.

Signatory 1999 Glen Rothes, new to the brand and to the distiller. Very drinkable though.

Picked up a couple of bottles of Monkey Shoulder. I have been hunting for this for at least 6 months.

binny's sale today and picked up some ardbeg uigeadail and corryvrecken

Went to a nice steak dinner the other day and started with some Macallan 17. The bartender said I should try the Jameson 18 which is much better and cheaper. I got a double and it was really good!!

So today I found the spot I frequent has it for a decent price. When I got there, saw on the bottle it was $79 although system and online showed $89. So I bought two for $79 and also picked up the Redbreast 12 CS to try.

Cheers

Hugh

pe3a6yda.jpg

Touched down in Houston and scored a few malts from Specs:

Glendronach 17 PX Cask # 260

Glendronach 21 Oloroso Cask # 2209

Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 10 CS (59.8%)

The loot:

8644087314_cbf3027808.jpg

That Glendronach looks like it would be might tasty! Would love to have access to that. Don't know much about the Port Charlotte. Looks like a Bruchladdie bottle though.

Nothing quite so fancy but picked up a Bunnahabhain 12 to add to my small but growing Islay collection.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Looks like a Bruchladdie bottle though.

Yep. Port Charlotte is part of Bruichladdich's peated malts (the other being the Octomore). I've been wanting to score a bottle but didn't want to pay shipping from England so I am very happy to get one during this trip.

Went to the store to buy bourbon but an Irish mood hit me. So I left with a four-pack of Murphy's Stout and a bottle of Powers Gold.

Yep. Port Charlotte is part of Bruichladdich's peated malts (the other being the Octomore). I've been wanting to score a bottle but didn't want to pay shipping from England so I am very happy to get one during this trip.

I'd love to hear your appraisal of the PC10, especially if you can compare to PC7 - PC9.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!