Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a big box from The Whiskey Place this morning. 4 bottles of the Laphroaig 2012 Cairdeas Origin, and two bottles of Amrut Fusion. The Cairdeas is amazing. I had a bottle in the fall and wanted to bunker up before it was gone forever. I really think Laphroaig is my favorite distillery.

I found it to be very fruity and lively with a good dose of smoke from the younger whisky in the mix, but I haven't tasted in many months. I'm going to open one of the bunker bottles tonight and compare notes.

Found a minor stash of Balvenie Founder's Reserve recently. As always looking for your advice, guidance, and input. Reading pretty good things about it for the most part. What say you?

Found a minor stash of Balvenie Founder's Reserve recently. As always looking for your advice, guidance, and input. Reading pretty good things about it for the most part. What say you?

It's quite a nice dram especially for the price,that is when it was available.I like the FR quite a bit it's creamy a touch of sherry and fruit with just a hint of peat,nicely balanced to say the least and a great bargain in the malt world.

What was the price when it was available? I know of a bottle near me for $50, which seems high. I do like Balvenie though. Picked up two 15 single barrels for $40 recently.

What was the price when it was available? I know of a bottle near me for $50, which seems high. I do like Balvenie though. Picked up two 15 single barrels for $40 recently.

The ones I recently picked up from a small liquor store were $29,I believe.I think maybe '06 was the end of production or thereabouts and it was usually somewhere in the 30's at that time.

My third ever Scotch offering - the Balvenie Caribbean Cask. Never tried it, but it came highly recommended, and was on significant sale.

Settled on a bottle of St. George Single Malt (Batch 12) - its unlike any whisky I've ever had.

Edited by ChainWhip

We tried the St. George when it came out and our tasting group found it interesting but none of us bought another bottle, it seemed to lack balance to me.

Picked up a pair of Laddie Tens on sale for $48 each. I'll make room in the bunker.

Ran across a bottle of Macallan 21 Year Old Fine Oak and a Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition 4/12 today. Both found their way home with me.

Found a stash of Macallan Cask Strength for $55, Highland Park 18 for $84, and Balvenie Madeira for $100. Pretty good day,

Found a stash of Macallan Cask Strength for $55, Highland Park 18 for $84, and Balvenie Madeira for $100. Pretty good day,

Score! That's a good haul at good prices! I wish I had bought more bottles of the Balvenie Madeira when I had the chance.

Talisker 175th Anniversary for $50

2 x Macallan 18 Vintage 1977.

Spent too much money on other things and passed on some Highland Park 18 for $70 or $80 (all had different prices and I didn't feel like asking even though it would have been a great deal). Also passed on a Caol Ila 18 that was at a pretty good price as well.

Funny, I just picked up a bottle of this for 79.99 a couple of weeks back, and I was pumped because it was a great price for a bottle I generally don't see around anymore. I have had the pleasure of tasting it multiple times, and I find it to be one of the smoothest, most balanced Ardbegs I've ever had. It's much better than the Corry, and is much more approachable than the overpowering Alligator or the thin, kinda weird Galileo. And rumor has it (as in I read it somewhere, but i can't substantiate it), that at least the first batch had pre-Glenmorangie barrels in the mix. As easy drinking an Ardbeg as I've ever had.

How can you find out which batch of the Beist you have?

cheers!

Yeah, seen that before but didn't really think much about it at the time. Would be fun to get a bottle of the Corry and give it a go, though.

Just placed an order that I am insanely excited for, but until it safely crosses the pond and is unboxed in my office I'm keeping my lips sealed tight.

Can't jinx it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!