Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just picked up another Ardbeg Uigeadail (what a power house!) and a new one, Laphroaig Triple Wood.

The Triple Wood is sweeter and less cigarette ash than the Quarter Cask, and bottled at a solid 48%. Nice pour.

Was offered a bottle of the new Dalmore Cigar malt. Sounded interesting and the reviews were pretty good so I thought I would give it a try. Much pricier than the original edition but apparently a somewhat different whisky as well. I like the sherried drams so hopefully this will be a nice addition.

post-9014-14489818720263_thumb.jpg

What's better than a single malt from your birth year? How about one from your Father's birth year?

post-9014-14489818720263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeti

[ATTACH]14933[/ATTACH]

What's better than a single malt from your birth year? How about one from your Father's birth year?

A bottle of the Clynelish Distiller's Edition (the current one, with finishing in Oloroso Seco casks), which will be a gift to a theater tech crew's afterparty this weekend.

Why yes, I do get to attend and partake! :D

I picked up a Talisker 10 because I'm always afraid that the Utah DABC is going to realize that their price is too low. I like the old box better.

I liked the Bushmill's 16yr that I had at the tasting so much, I went out and bought a bottle yesterday. :D

K&L is accepting pre-orders

Thx silverfish! I had to arrange for mule services since K&L can't ship to my state.

Thx silverfish! I had to arrange for mule services since K&L can't ship to my state.

Did you order the 12 or 30?

For St Patty's day I picked up some Writer's Tears (a decent pot still blend).

I'd really like to get the 1981 Karuizawa, but I have to jump through too many hoops to get a bottle from K&L.

Of course, the pound of flesh I dropped on the 1982 Noh and its friend might have something to do with my unwillingness.

I'd really like to get the 1981 Karuizawa, but I have to jump through too many hoops to get a bottle from K&L.

Of course, the pound of flesh I dropped on the 1982 Noh and its friend might have something to do with my unwillingness.

Yeah, I had to call in favors too... At first, I was going to have it shipped to a buddy in Oregon since that state was listed in the "we will ship to states" in the FAQ. But once I got through checkout, the system changed its mind because the list of states they ship liquor to is different than the other list.

:-(

I was also looking at another '81 but will have to wait since I pulled the trigger on the K&L. I also ended up adding a Glendronach 19 to the basket... Good thing I don't live in the Bay Area or I'd really be in trouble.

Edited by ChainWhip

Wouldn't be the first time I've overpaid for something right? ;-)

Regardless, I'm looking forward to these two bottles.

It's not like you will be able to run to any store in the US and pick up a bottle of Karuizawa. Additionally, I think recent transportation rule changes prevent getting bottles imported from places like Master of Malt or the Whisky Exchange.

Additionally, I think recent transportation rule changes prevent getting bottles imported from places like Master of Malt or the Whisky Exchange.

I saw that MoM was able to start shipping back to the US:

http://www.masterofmalt.com/Blog/post/Back-in-the-US-of-A!.aspx

Not sure what the status of the other European E-tailers is on shipping to the USA.

Edit: Agreed on general availability of the expressions

Edited by ChainWhip

It's not like you will be able to run to any store in the US and pick up a bottle of Karuizawa. Additionally, I think recent transportation rule changes prevent getting bottles imported from places like Master of Malt or the Whisky Exchange.

Very true. However, this is one of the times when I have to temper my "Fear of Missing Out" with my "Fear of Being Fiscally Irresponsible."

My neighbor went on a business trip to Cork, Ireland. I asked her if she would mind bringing back some whiskey. She said, "no problem, what do you want?"

Thanks Clarissa!!

post-5593-14489818770409_thumb.jpg

post-5593-14489818770409_thumb.jpg

Nice, Dave. First the Irish, next the peaty Scotch! The whole foreign whisky thing is a very slippery slope.

What did those run, if you don't mind me asking? My brother is heading that way soon and...

What did those run, if you don't mind me asking? My brother is heading that way soon and...

I'll let you know as soon as she bills me.:grin: I think the Yellow Spot was $80. She did say it was cheaper at duty free, fyi.

Edited by CaptainQ

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!